[SOLVED] error "Controller not found" on BO dashboard when logged in to BO

@Vekia - The file AdminDashboardController.php is missing in /controllers/admin/. However, even though i upload this file from local server to live through Filezilla, this specific file is not visible in /controllers/admin/. That means the file is not getting copied there at /controllers/admin/. What can be the reason? Thanks in advance for your help.

@Vekia - Many thanks. Since file was not getting copied from filezilla, i uploaded it through hosting's file manager and i can now see the file in required directory and problem is solved; the dashboard page is visible. Many many thanks to you.

My quick question - what is the possibility that same file copying issue has occurred in case of other files which may create the installation incomplete, unstable? And why this must have happened. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks to Vekia. The issue was with missing files. The Admin Dashboard Controller file was not copied for reason when uploaded through Filezilla. So, i uploaded it through file manager of hosting account. The problem is solved and can be marked so. Thanks Vekia once again.

Well, I have the same issue - with one fatal problem!   As  onlydeshpande had fixed his by uploading through his hosting file manager, it fixed his problem.  I uploaded Admin Dashboard Controller through my hosts file manager and could see it, but when I refreshed the back office, it said the page could not be found.  Then I renamed the Admin Dashboard Controller, refreshed, and the back office works again.  I have looked at the Admin Dashboard Controller.php file and don't see anything that should cause any redirect or blank page.  PLEASE HELP!!! I have been at this since yesterday!

I don't get a blank page, it just goes to "page not found " error message.  I have also found that in the 1.6.0.5 original download there are files missing.  I downloaded it again and found that even more of the files were missing after extraction.  Is it possible that my zip extracting tool could have anything to do with it?  Sounds crazy, but I am at wits end and am thinking of going to an older version and upgrading.  I don't have a lot of time left on this project and I am working well over-time on something that should be simple for me. 

I have the same problem as well! As suggested I uploaded the file through the ftp of my provider and it will show at that point in time. When I then open the BO it still gives me the error and when I check thru Filezilla it is nowhere to be found!

What is it I am missing??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

i have the same trouble,

So I copied all file from the archive 1.6 controller to my ftp but I still have the same trouble.

But I did not found also this file /controllers/admin/AdminDasboard.php

In the archive of prestashop

anykind of help will be myuch appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

had same problem.

After installation if i visit admin link it says controller not found but dashboard was working fine when i click on dashboard menu link.

i did one fix:-

Before last line in admin/index.php

// Prepare and trigger admin dispatcher

/*---------- to redirect dashbord --------*/
if (!isset($_GET['controller']) && !isset($_GET['tab']))
{
$_GET['controller']='AdminDashboard';
}
/*---------- to redirect dashbord --------*/

Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

Thanks
  • Like 1

I freshly installed prestashop in my server (either using simple script or manually) but I was not able to login to backoffice as everytime it was redirecting back to same back office login page. I read through all the post in forum and tried everything but nothing is working. I tried your suggestions and inserted above script in my index.php file. I could manage to login but every time i try to change  it brings back to me again on login page. Is there anything else i should try to do to solve it.

Please help!

• 2 months later...

just did a clean install of prestashop 1.6.0.9

logged in the admin -> Controller not Found

clicked on other links, same error.

I uploaded AdminDashboardController.php to admin folder and still the error is there.

Help please.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem in 1.5.0.9

controller not found.

I did configuration and it reported adminmodulescontroller.php was missing

checked and sure enough not there.

I have another perfectly working presta shop so copied file off and then uploaded using filezilla

Checked no file.

created a blank file named the same uploaded fine, checked it was there all fine.

downloaded pasted the contents into this new file and uploaded not there when checked...

chekced filezilla logs and it reports

260 malware!  so something in this file is wrong.

I have over the last 3 days tried installing 1.6 then 1.5 fresh and now 1.5 cloning existing and have had errors with unable to upload images and this module missing in on a fresh 1.6 install. and now on a clone..

Thinking now is its filezilla?????

Any thoughts?

perhaps its the issue, my adminmodulescontroller

• 1 month later...

Hi there

i have replaced the file adminmodulescontroller.php, but that did not solve the problem for me. 

i have a Tab underneath Dashboard called Newsletters. 

i have uninstalled this module and deleted it under Modules in my root files.

Has anybody got any advice in regards to this?

Thank you and be blessed

Dashboard-error.png

• 4 weeks later...

i have uploaded and replaced adminmodulescontroller.php and AdminDashboard.php successfully, but i am still receiving the same error. 

Dashboard-Error1.jpg

Has anyone came across this problem yet?

Does the developers not have an answer to this?

It seems the users are more helpful than the developers.

No offence, but i get no responces

• 2 months later...