Jump to content

Prestashop FO Broken after updating modules today (24 march 2014)


Recommended Posts

Hello, sorry for the question here...

In backoffice we saw a lot of new modules updated (Prestashop 1.5.6.2), probably due to the new version of PS.

 

We updated them (we never had problems updating)... now the storefront is broken and we see only a blank page!!!

O_O

 

We made the updated believing (as always) they wouldn't break the store... how can we fix now?

I don't remember which modules we updated...

 

Here is the page of our store:

http://www.trophyhunt.it/shop/

 

How to debug it?

Help please!!! :huh2: :huh2: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure: :( :( :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem and it was the block search.

 

  • using your FTP client, go to your web server’s FTP, and open the file defines.inc.php, which is in the /config folder. There's a bunch of text, then this appears:

    /* Debug only */
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
    if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)
  • change that second line: replace "false" with "true" (without quotes). It should now read:

    /* Debug only */
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
    if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)

     

    I'm sure you already know to change it back as soon as you fix the error.

     

    I disabled the blocksearch until I can figure out where the error is.

     

    Sorry if you already received an answer.

     

     

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I had the same problem and it was the block search.

 

  • using your FTP client, go to your web server’s FTP, and open the file defines.inc.php, which is in the /config folder. There's a bunch of text, then this appears:

    /* Debug only */
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
    if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)
  • change that second line: replace "false" with "true" (without quotes). It should now read:

    /* Debug only */
    define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
    if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)

     

    I'm sure you already know to change it back as soon as you fix the error.

     

    I disabled the blocksearch until I can figure out where the error is.

     

    Sorry if you already received an answer.

     

     

     

 

Hello, you've been so kind! Thank you, really!

I opened in the meanwhile onother topic (sorry for that, community manager :( ) here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/317918-bug-fo-broken-after-updating-modules-today-24-march-2014/?view=findpost&p=1608353

And I received a reply in which I found many useful information about the issue.

Yes, it's due to a wrong usage of the modules' update tool... And the issue is linked to different blocks and modules updated for the new PS 1.6.

I recovered some of them using a safe PS1.5.6.2 installation, but I'm convinced something is still wrong in my webpages.

 

I use a custom template: I wait it will updated for PS 1.6 and then I'll move to PS 1.6 by 1 click upgrade. It should solve all the problems...

 

Thank you very much indeed!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More