[TUTORIAL] classic 3 columns theme

I've noticed that many merchants asking how to enable / disable columns in new bootstrap template. Many of forum members asking about turning on left and right column like it is in default prestashop 1.5 template.  This is why i decided to create  guide.

With this free tutorial you will achieve it easily. Step by step guide with pictures.

3-columns-prestashop-1-6.png

video overview:

tutorial here:

classic 3 columns template in prestashop 1.6

another guides:

classic product tabs in prestashop 1.6

• Like 9

I have noticed in your tutorial (unless I am missing it) that you have made no mention of removing the exceptions from the dsiplayLeftColumn modules. Some of the modules have exceptions that are blocking modules from being displayed, and this occurs especially if someone is upgrading from a previous version.

Great, because judging by many of the posts on the forum, people are clicking display left column and display right column and then clicking all the pages where the columns are to appear and then posting that nothing happens. This is because there are exceptions on some of the modules and oddly on some of them by default, pages like 'product' are listed twice in the exceptions list, and both exceptions need to be removed. :)

in fact right column is just empty (in fresh installation) - when they turn right coumn on it is just empty, so it isn't appearing. It's confusing a little :D But i wrote about right column and described whole transplantation process :)

1) go to modules > positions in your back office

2) go to transplant page

3) from first dropdown select "image slider for your homepage", from second select displayTop position - and just save changes

4) go to themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/homeslider/homeslider.css and change width:66.6% to width:100%;

voila ;)

and don't forget to upload images with new width, because default images are too short.

Vekia,

Hi, in a somewhat related request can you do a tutorial for how to reinstall the original Prestashop modules after updating them to the incompatible ones for version 1.6? I have read all the posts relating to that, uploaded all the original 1.5 modules and still cannot get my URL to launch. I tried to update to version 1.6 and that fixed the launching error, but my purchased template would not display at all, so I reverted to the non-working version. Back office is fine, but I just cannot seem to replace the updated modules with the older ones to get it working, as suggested in the forums.

Just thought I would try you, because you have a great understand of the program to say the least. I have been at this for only a couple months and thought I had a good grasp on things until I foolishly performed the update to the modules.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Vekia,

Hi, in a somewhat related request can you do a tutorial for how to reinstall the original Prestashop modules after updating them to the incompatible ones for version 1.6? I have read all the posts relating to that, uploaded all the original 1.5 modules and still cannot get my URL to launch. I tried to update to version 1.6 and that fixed the launching error, but my purchased template would not display at all, so I reverted to the non-working version. Back office is fine, but I just cannot seem to replace the updated modules with the older ones to get it working, as suggested in the forums.

Just thought I would try you, because you have a great understand of the program to say the least. I have been at this for only a couple months and thought I had a good grasp on things until I foolishly performed the update to the modules.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

as you wish: http://mypresta.eu/en/art/issues/updated-prestashop-modules-not-work.html

:D

but i think that it's not enough in your case :(

Hi Vekia,

Here's my website URL that is not working since updating the incompatible modules: http://designsbyjalex.net

I had error messages turned on, so you can see what I am getting. I contacted Prestashop and they said my theme I purchased will be updated in a few days to be compatible with version 1.6. Good news, but I'd like to correct these errors before the update.

Can you check it out and point me in the right direction?

I appreciate your input.

Here's my website URL that is not working since updating the incompatible modules: http://designsbyjalex.net

One more item: this is the only error I am receiving in my configuration file too. Am I getting closer to a solution?

I appreciate your input.

AdminInformation.gif Check your configuration

Required parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Notice: Undefined index: files in /home/desig349/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/5c/09/d8/5c09d808c666cbfa77e750219160de87c913d678.file.view.tpl.php on line 260

Optional parameters: OK

AdminInformation.gif List of changed files
Changed/missing files have been detected.
Missing files (1)
  • admin1234/autoupgrade/index.php

hello,

I want to do the same but with only 2 columns, left and center. It´s possible ?

I did all the steps of the tutorial, except turn on right column, and everything seems fine except the image (slider). Slider does not fill the full width of the center column, has a blank space on the right side, already tried with a larger picture but it's the same.

I appreciate your help

hello,

I want to do the same but with only 2 columns, left and center. It´s possible ?

I did all the steps of the tutorial, except turn on right column, and everything seems fine except the image (slider). Slider does not fill the full width of the center column, has a blank space on the right side, already tried with a larger picture but it's the same.

I appreciate your help

This did not work for me - image only fills center column not where the 2 top images originally were as though its waiting for the images to be reinserted. Any help appreciated

This did not work for me - image only fills center column not where the 2 top images originally were as though its waiting for the images to be reinserted. Any help appreciated

sorry for late reply, i was offline over the weekend.

is there any chance to see what you've got right now?

it's a little hard to imagine this problem ;)

sorry for late reply, i was offline over the weekend.

is there any chance to see what you've got right now?

it's a little hard to imagine this problem ;)

my website www.chicplus.com.au and www.pppjs.com.au - I had to put the slide images in so it looked ok

change: max-width: 779px; to: max-width: 1170px; in

#homepage-slider {
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
margin-bottom: 14px;
width: 100%;
max-width: 1170px;
max-height: 448px;
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
z-index: 1;
float: left;
}

and of course upload slides with new resolution (width:1170px)

change: max-width: 779px; to: max-width: 1170px; in

#homepage-slider {
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
margin-bottom: 14px;
width: 100%;
max-width: 1170px;
max-height: 448px;
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
z-index: 1;
float: left;
}

and of course upload slides with new resolution (width:1170px)

Hi

I want the slider to fit next to the left column not be across the full top. Is this possible ?

Did the update by the tutorial mentioned. Seems to work, but have couple questions.

1) Something did happen with the Categories. Even selected category is e.g. "B", the highlighted category remains e.g. "a" (it is circled in the attachment). I also do not see the word "Categories", even when I'm in the "home" category. Instead of the word "Categories" I see the name of one of the categories. But, when I'm in the Positions Live Mode - Categories list works just fine.

2) Add to cart button seem to be oversized. Shipping rate button (from presta-changeo module) as well.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

post-369270-0-18718000-1396223560_thumb.jpg

post-369270-0-43303600-1396226583_thumb.jpg

Edited by HETPE3B (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1) Something did happen with the Categories. Even selected category is e.g. "B", the highlighted category remains e.g. "a" (it is circled in the attachment).

Hi, you probably have the same problem with categories described here http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/319267-categories-block-looks-like-one-category-is-selected-on-everywhere/?do=findComment&comment=1615431 , Forge issue here http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-1484

It worked, but now i wanted to go back to 1 column or no collumns...It seems that i cant change this anymore?  i did everything in reverse but somehow my modules stay in the right colum, cant even unhook them (it says module is unhooked but then they are not) Even live edit wont work...

--SOLVED--

OK it was a problem with the cashe system, turning them all off made it work again (only emptying was not enoufgh).

Hans

www.N-Shop.be

Edited by N-Connection (see edit history)

This is a nice tutorial, thanks to Vekia. I transplanted the banner for two columns and is working, Now I just need to know how to change position, I want the banner to display on top of the New Products. I was not able to do it using the Live Positions Edit. 

Please Help. 

my site is http://pelosuave.com/presta/

Thanks.

Hi Vekia. Great tutorial, but now i've the same problem of josebon.  I'm not able to see slider before new product block.

Thanks

Hi Vekia. Great tutorial, but now i've the same problem of josebon.  I'm not able to see slider before new product block.

Thanks

transplant module to displayHome position

also make sure that menu is at the end of list on "displayHome" modules list on modules > positions page in your back office

transplant module to displayHome position

also make sure that menu is at the end of list on "displayHome" modules list on modules > positions page in your back office

I try to transplant "New Product" in "Display Home" in my back office but it says that is not possible to transplant this module in this point. I only transplant in "Display Home" the "featured product" but not the new product

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Big thanks. This work (I set 9pix how ever to get same line instead of 0).

I have also another problem: I did use this solution to get 3 columns with slider betwen them:
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/450576-how-to-put-the-home-slider-on-the-right-side-of-the-homepage/

(is also mentioned somewere in this topic)

------------------

Make a space around line 604 and add the code below, 

public function hookDisplayHomeTab($params)
     {
      return $this->hookdisplayTopColumn($params);

}

then transplant to Image slider for your homepage to displayHomeTab (Home Page Tabs)
Now go to displayHomeTab in Modules, Positions and move the Image Slider to top of list
Now go to displayTopColumn and unhook Image slider 
Your Image Slider will now be in the Center column above the Home tabs
You may want to add some space between left column and bottom you can do that here.
Go to themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/homeslider/homeslider.css and in the first block of css change the Padding-left and the margin bottom to your liking.
---------------------

and another problem I have is that slider is not directly in center. Space betwen slider and left column is much smaller then space betwen slider and right column.

Can You also help me solve this?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Thank you very much for this awesome tutorial but it seems there is an issue with the 3 columns mode and some pages. (see images)

Is there a way to always keep the 3 columns and fix the display issues ?

Thanks !

post-27680-0-86210000-1455395193_thumb.png

post-27680-0-61458800-1455395202_thumb.png

• 10 months later...

Much thanks for this tutoriel, just have a question:

i got my three columns and at the end of the displayhome is my themeconfigurator module.

i search a way to have the themeconfigurator hook full width, so out of displayhome.

can't find a way, can you point me in the right direction ?

i try to have the themeconfigurator images just on top of footer, full width, not in displayhome :)

• 6 months later...

Much thanks for this tutoriel, just have a question:

i got my three columns and at the end of the displayhome is my themeconfigurator module.

i search a way to have the themeconfigurator hook full width, so out of displayhome.

can't find a way, can you point me in the right direction ?

i try to have the themeconfigurator images just on top of footer, full width, not in displayhome :)

Any chance to find help ? i'm stuck on this  :blink: