How to add left column on product page?

you're welcome :)

glad to hear that i could help you a little

i just discovering the possibilities of prestashop 1.6

after some time there will be more tutorials regarding to this

now, after some works in back office im more than convinced that 1.6 release will be a revolution !

• Like 1

It would be great to see a closed thread pinned to the forum where great tutorial like the one you created and other tutorials explaining common problems are posted, so that people can easily see in one place how to resolve most of the common issues that people seem to be facing.

now, after some works in back office im more than convinced that 1.6 release will be a revolution !

That would be great! Can't wait to see more of your tutorials. I struggled a lot when I upgraded to 1.6. Hopefully it is a correct decision.

Hi vekia, had some problems when applying your instruction. Left and right columns couldn't be enabled in some metas (such as category, cms, index, product) couldn't. When clicking enabled, it says "an error occured while updating this meta". Don't know if you can help?

Hi vekia, had some problems when applying your instruction. Left and right columns couldn't be enabled in some metas (such as category, cms, index, product) couldn't. When clicking enabled, it says "an error occured while updating this meta". Don't know if you can help?

hello,

it's a fresh installation or updated shop?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know how to add the left column with categories and cms to the home page?

You have to add these sql statements below to your database via phpmyadmin.

FIX FOR THEME ERROR WHEN TRYING TO CHECK CATEGORIES AND CMS

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_meta` (`id_meta`, `page`, `configurable`) VALUES (NULL, 'products-comparison', '1'), (NULL, 'cms', '0'), (NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),(NULL, 'module-bankwire-payment', '0'),(NULL, 'module-bankwire-validation', '0'),(NULL, 'module-cheque-validation', '0'),(NULL, 'module-cheque-payment', '0');

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )
SELECT `ps_theme`.`id_theme` , `ps_meta`.`id_meta` , `default_left_column` , `default_right_column`
FROM `ps_theme` , `ps_meta`;

• 3 weeks later...

hello

i recorded videoguide for you, just follow my steps:

Hi Vekia

I've done everything but the right column doesn't showed anywhere.

Fresh 1.6.0.6 install, default theme.

Webpage:

http://jupitertech.hu/

Regards

Zoli

Ok I've solved with using this methode:

Modules/position

Then look for display left column and see the modules that are listed under that. Click edit next to each one and in the field exceptions remove 'product' It may appear more than once.

Do these for each module in the left column, and repeat for each page you want the left column to appear on.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/316666-display-left-column/

post-686876-0-21743500-1398418200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jupiter78 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

One more thing to look at is modules position. For example if you want to enable categories block on product page you also have to edit categories block left hook position. By default in presta 1.6* categories are listed as an exception on product page in the left column.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Vekia,

will the method shown in your video work to be able to align content on the product page, as at the moment, its all floating left, and if i change it, it changes the product display list grid, and in firebug when i change the .col-sm-4, to make it appear alongside each other its also changes the header .row #header_logo (so the logo moves to one side)

using firebug just shows inherited styles, and *before*after boxes.

so i just want to alter it on the product page itself.

this is how it looks now

.... NEVER MIND...

just edited to say, i did a module update and lost the whole site, backgrounnd, header, everything....so im gonna have to start AGAIN :(

Edited by exposeclothing (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I have a strange issue. In theme configuration i can check do display left or right column on all pages like 404, home, my account, order etc. But there is no option for product page, it's just not there. Also in Modules > Positions there is displayRightColumnProduct  but nothing like displayLeftColumnProduct. 

• Like 1

I have the same issue on clean 1.6.0.11 instalation. I have set active left column but on product page is not working.

Any idea how to fix this issue? Definitely is new relation bug becouse on the last version left column was avaliable on all pages( product. CMS).