images not showing only question marks after rollback

Hello everyone,

I need HELP! I upgraded to Prestashop 1.6 and my theme is not supported in the new version so I had to go back to the previous version I had of Prestashop 1.5.6.2.

I used the rollback button to downgrade to the previous version. The theme is working but now I have most of the icons in the back office replaced with a question mark and the images in the store front are missing. I replaced the ones I could but some images will not load. I get an error message: an error occured while trying to upload this image so even if i try to restore all images manually it won't let me do it on some! WHY??? :(

Can anyone advice? 

Hi Nemo,

I rolled back once again and now I am back to JUST the original problem which is the images not displaying and the question marks instead of the icons in the back office but at least now I have access to Products and Categories.

I did what u suggested I turned the PS_MODE_DEV to true. 

I also retried to generate thumbnails and I get this message: Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

Where do I give permission? 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Nemo1,

I solved the issue. I erased everything from the subdirectory and uploaded an old back up and then regenerated all thumbnails. At first not all images where showing and I had scattered question marks and then when I started uploading images, everything went back to normal, all icons showing in back office and every module working correcting and displaying all images!! YAYYYY!!!

I will keep in mind the folder permission next time I screw up something. Moral of the story: have a solid backup before upgrading!

Thank you though.

I saw you are from Sicily...... Io sono di Roma trapiantata a New York da dieci anni. Grazie ancora per i suggerimenti!!! 

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Please help. I have question marks showing in place of icons on my site. For example. the home icon , telephone icons etc are showing question marks. Please how I can fix this.

Also, How can I do it that I can only have products having images to show randomly bot in the featured and new products on the homepage? My website is www.bluegatetraders.co.uk

Thanks

Samuel