Unable to configure module marked for update

Is this correct in 1.6? I recall(?) in 1.5 having access to the configure link even updates available and not updating. Just checked my 1.5 site and nothing is set to update. Am I rememering incorrectly?

What if I don't want to update a module. You know, don't fix it if it's not broken. Especially if I made changes to the module files. 

Thanks

Daniel

The only way to not update is to edit the modules .php file and manually change the version number, this way Prestashop will see it as updated.

Thanks, that worked. Changed .php files $this->version = X, to latest version and went away.

Still, would be nice NOT to be forced to update or go through this, just leave as is and be able to configure the module. Otherwise, it may get confusing as to which version of a module(s) is actually installed. I'm of the opinion that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it," at least until I can backup everything. Once I get my shop running in the sweet spot, with bells and whistles, one update can have a cascadding effect and ruin other things.

Edited by Dougadanny (see edit history)
  • Like 1

one thing,

after disabling this option it will be necessary to remove xmls downloaded with information about prestashop modules updates

/config/xml/

Please indicate which file do I need to delete.

I got many module files under /config/xml/ folder:

default_country_modules_list.xml

modules_list.xml

must_have_modules_list.xml

tab_modules_list.xml

Hi I delete every of this files:

default_country_modules_list.xml
modules_list.xml
must_have_modules_list.xml
tab_modules_list.xml

and of course I have disabled automatic checking for updates

and every time I go to module list in BO this files are regenerated and still it is impossible to edit module.

This happens on presta downloaded and installed week earlier and on today installation.

It is very annoying...

One more

I made fresh installation. Never clicking on module in BO turn off module actualisation and delete xml files.

And it is not a solution.

After updating every module presta want there are noticed view errors in BO:

1. On some browsers on adding new product page menu with Information/Prises/SEO... is on top and its wide is 100% as so the fields below.

2. On some browsers it is impossible to add "my logo" "favicon" etc. Add button is not responding.

3. On almost every browsers in left menu submenu is always collapsed.

Of course what is for me most important new version of blockcategories totally destroy my menu in 1.5.6 compatible theme.

Actualisations sucks.

It seems that turning off checting for module updates is not working.

Im searching but it is not easy

There is a process which always download fresh list from api.prestashop.com/xml/modules_list_16.xml

but I can't find where disabling aways checking for update is implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a list of update modules and obviously I clicked on upgrade modules [in version 1.6]. But after upgrade is finished, i lost many customization done in site. Mainly i lost color scheme changed for many texts and background texture as well. Is there anyway to undo that and to retain my changes. It would be very difficult to find and change all things again. Thnx in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I made it so that the "Update it!" button is disabled, when the automatic check for updates switch in Administration->Preferences is turned off:

in file:

<your admin folder>/themes/<your theme folder>/template/controllers/modules/list.tpl (code sample starts at around line 101 (PS 1.6.0.5)  (Make backup, just in case!!)

<td class="actions">
						<div class="btn-group-action">
							<div class="btn-group pull-right">
								{if isset($module->type) && $module->type == 'addonsMustHave'}
									<a class="btn btn-default" href="{$module->addons_buy_url}" target="_blank">
										<i class="icon-shopping-cart"></i>  {if isset($module->id_currency) && isset($module->price)}{displayPrice price=$module->price currency=$module->id_currency}{/if}
									</a>
								{else}
									{if isset($module->id) && $module->id gt 0}
										{if (Configuration::get('PRESTASTORE_LIVE')==1) && isset($module->version_addons) && $module->version_addons}
											<a class="btn btn-warning" href="{$module->options.update_url}">
												<i class="icon-refresh"></i> {l s='Update it!'}
											</a>
										{elseif !isset($module->not_on_disk)}
											{if $module->optionsHtml|count > 0}
												{assign var=option value=$module->optionsHtml[0]}
												{$option}
											{/if}
										{else}
											<a class="btn btn-danger" {if !empty($module->options.uninstall_onclick)}onclick="{$module->options.uninstall_onclick}"{/if} href="{$module->options.uninstall_url}">
												<i class="icon-minus-sign-alt"></i> {l s='Uninstall'}
											</a>
										{/if}

As you maybe see, I added the line in red, as shown below

<td class="actions">
  <div class="btn-group-action">
    <div class="btn-group pull-right">
      {if isset($module->type) && $module->type == 'addonsMustHave'}
        <a class="btn btn-default" href="{$module->addons_buy_url}" target="_blank">
          <i class="icon-shopping-cart"></i>  {if isset($module->id_currency) && isset($module->price)}{displayPrice price=$module->price currency=$module->id_currency}{/if}
        </a>
      {else}
        {if isset($module->id) && $module->id gt 0}
          {if (Configuration::get('PRESTASTORE_LIVE')==1) && isset($module->version_addons) && $module->version_addons}
            <a class="btn btn-warning" href="{$module->options.update_url}">
              <i class="icon-refresh"></i> {l s='Update it!'}
            </a>
          {elseif !isset($module->not_on_disk)}

and save the file.

Then, when turning OFF the automatic check for updates, the configure button will magically re-appear (you may need to reload the page (Ctrl-F5 (Windows)/Cmd-R (Mac) to see them.) (Same when turning automatic check for updates ON again)

Hope this helps,

pascal.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...