"This week is full of great news and tips!" - It better be

cbeby

Updating from 1.5.6 to 1.6 was definitely not a good decision. First thing I note was that the images did not enlarge and the product is not animated when added to basket. Also the cart mouse over does not function.

Well, the view page show me that no .js was loaded from /themes/_my_theme/js/

Let's change the theme with the default one and see what happen. Once I done this, another issues came. Products is not showing properly on the page and I mean if a category has X products and display Y on the page supposing Z pages you can not get from page 1 to page 2, the message will be there is not products available....

I concluded that if so essential and easy thing is not working I will not go further. So I decided to change it back to my theme.

Disaster. No products displayes, no nothing. waw.....

But you please enjoy the back office which is absolutely fine as presta affirm in the email with subject "PrestaShop v.1.6 Back Office: What’s new and improved?!".

Yes, indeed the back office looks different, but to have a reason to enter the back office I should read an email showing me that I receive an order...

I do not recommand the update now, it will mess up.

Still, if you want to, make a backup (tar.gz) to website and sql database (mysqldump).

Then have fun.

Edited by cbeby (see edit history)

My upgrade went smoothly. I tested the new prestashop version prior to that so I knew what to expect. Some seem to just click on the 1-click upgrade button and expect a shop where everything looks perfect out of the box. And if only one module is not placed correctly they are screaming "shop ruined". Some problems are soo easy to solve if you look at them calmly and try to understand why something is not looking like it should. The solution is often not more than a few clicks. Sorry but reading all the complaints even though prestashop 1.6 is such a great software I feel like in a kindergarten. What is this thread for? You decided to make a roll back and post a "warning". Why didn't you post your problems instead to see if there is an easy solution? This is like children do if they don't get what they want they stomp the feet and cry.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)
  • Like 5

My upgrade went smoothly. I tested the new prestashop version prior to that so I knew what to expect. Some seem to just click on the 1-click upgrade button and expect a shop where everything looks perfect out of the box. And if only one module is not placed correctly they are screaming "shop ruined". Some problems are soo easy to solve if you look at them calmly and try to understand why something is not looking like it should. The solution is often not more than a few clicks. Sorry but reading all the complaints even though prestashop 1.6 is such a great software I feel like in a kindergarten. What is this thread for? You decided to make a roll back and post a "warning". Why didn't you post your problems instead to see if there is an easy solution? This is like children do if they don't get what they want they stomp the feet and cry.

I did not just because too many errrors and unfunctionality after upgrade.

- the images for the products is getting magnified. None of them.

- after add to cart mouse over cart is working after click on logo

- the tell to friend is not opening

- the facebook posting is opening in new window

- the js file is not loading in the page and still loading manually the shop is still not working

read again the name of module 1 click update. I'm not talking about unfunctionallity of a module, or somethign non essential.

I'm talking about core disfuntionallity.

the step to go for better is to accept the fact. can you try it?

read again the name of module 1 click update. I'm not talking about unfunctionallity of a module, or somethign non essential.

I'm talking about core disfuntionallity.

the step to go for better is to accept the fact. can you try it?

I too upgraded using the 1-click upgrade module and didn't have the problems you had. If there was a problem with loading your javascripts it is a specific problem of your site. I accept the fact that you were having problems but what I find annoying is that only because YOU had problems with your site your are implying that ALL OTHERS will have the same problems. And this is simply not true. You didn't even try to solve your problems which seem to be javascript related and most likely there is a very simple solution.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

I too upgraded using the 1-click upgrade module and didn't have the problems you had. If there was a problem with loading your javascripts it is a specific problem of your site. I accept the fact that you were having problems but what I find annoying is that only because YOU had problems with your site your are implying that ALL OTHERS will have the same problems. And this is simply not true. You didn't even try to solve your problems which seem to be javascript related and most likely there is a very simple solution.

I did not say that all would have problems. I just recommand that the update should not be made because after 5 updates from 1.5. .. this latest one mess up the basic functionality not just some minor issue that can be remediate easy.

How can you say that not loading js over update can be just a specific problem of my site? Please open the eyes and read the post.

If I have this problem it can happen to everybody. And that's not good at all.

Keep in mind, it can not it will. And just because I did not advice upgrade.

Once again, read carefully b4 spoking false. I loaded all js  manually and nothing happened. Shoud I try to debug just because some simple thing should not suppose making any problems? Be my guest when your site will go offline. 

Be my guest when your site will go offline. 

My site is online and I am very happy with my 1.6 upgrade. I too used the 1.click upgrade module and didn't encouter the problems you had. The shop emails are so beautifully styled now. I discover more and more things I really enjoy. Look for the bad and you will find it. Look for the good and you will find it too. It's your choice what you are looking for.