Spain - Laws

tiendarium

In Spain:

- There is a personal ID number called DNI for spaniards, NIE for foreigner residents and CIF for companies and self-employees. In general, this ID number is called NIF, and is made out of a variable-length number plus a letter. NIF number and letter could be validable with a short script. NIF is necessary to send invoices to buyer, so it should be included as a customer field.

- For invoicing, a checkbox with a text similar to "Invoicing for companies and self-employees" must be included in some cases, because seller could need to make a (variable)% deduction on the invoice.

- Some fellows have suggested to ban selling certain goods to users under a minimun age (such as "airsoft" items).

- There's a law regarding personal data protection called LOPD that can be accomplished without making any change to Prestashop's core.

- The only modification I've found that should be made is that the buyer should check a checkbox (initially unchecked) to accept the "Terms of service" (translated as "Condiciones Generales de Venta") before sending his order. This checkbox exists, but sometimes is initially checked.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

If you live in Spain and sell your items to citizens in E.U., you should sell with Spanish TAX (18%). Except companies that they would like buy with neto price.

Spain seller (In Spain) sells to any EU citizen: 18% IVA (spain tax)

Spain seller sells (In Spain) to any company In EU Zone (except Spanish): 0% if they have identify number like company, if they not have identity number, they will buy with 18%

ok? any questions?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

In Spain , with LOPD law you can ask to delete your account and personal data even from the DB.

In Prestashop, you can 'inactive' an customer account, (so the e-mail can't be registered again for example) or delete the user account and his info from the DB (and the e-mail can be registered again).

With last one option, there is no worries if he doesn't buyed anything because no bills, but what happens if you delete a user with bills. I don't thinks the relations between tables would be broken. In that case, how works Prestashop? Delete all info from the user with the exception of user id or something to mantain the relation between tables?

Other question, how can you configure to add a checkbox to accept 'Terms of service' and 'Private policy' ? Or they must be added 'manually'?

I have a client that wants to not include date birth in Register form, to minimalize it. Do you know if with Spanish laws you must declare you are not under 18 when registering an account in a shop?

Many thanks in advance. I hope not to cause too much trouble with so many questions.

Regards,

• 3 months later...

Two questions that may be of interest (I guess that not only for users from Spain)

1.- Credit Slips.

Accounting rules require in some countries to generate a "negative invoice" when a product is returned and reimbursed. And invoice numbering should remain consistent. Maybe, the problem could be solved this way:

When creating a credit slip, the system should insert a new row in in order_invoice in order to keep the number field coherent across invoices and credit slips. This would require to rewrite, I guess, the credit slip controller.

2.- VAT number for VAT exemption.

For solving the VAT exemption when selling to another company in the EU, some modifications should be made to the vatumber module. It's good now that the module checks the validity of the VAT number at http://ec.europa.eu/ when registering a new customer. The problem is that if the field does not pass the validation, the customer cannot go on.

I guess that this could be solved including a checkbox saying something like "The company is included in the EU VIES system". When checked, the current input appears. If not, another input box should appear and this would not need any validation (not even when submitting the form). Error messages should be adapted consequently to make the application clear (f.i. "Your VAT number was not found in the EU VIES system. Please verify it or uncheck the VIES checkbox")

Please contact me if I could not manage to explain mysefl ;)