Spain - Taxes

tiendarium

In Spain we have:

- 4 main VAT regions: ("Península", "Canarias", "Ceuta" and "Melilla").

- In "Península y Baleares" there're 3 main VAT types (called IVA): 4% IVA for basic goods, 7% IVA Reducido and 16% IVA General. They're going to be increased next year.

- In "Canarias" there're 5 VAT types (called IGIC): 0% IGIC Tipo Cero, 2% IGIC Reducido, 5% IGIC General, 9% IGIC Incrementado and 13% IGIC Incrementado. However when shipping outside Canary Islands VAT is not applied when buyer pays for the order. Shipping agency must apply corresponding VAT when parcel is received by the buyer.

- "Ceuta" and "Melilla" have got another set of VATs, but for shipping outside follows the same rules as Canary Islands.

So regarding to Prestashop, it only must be taken into consideration that if an order is shipped from Iberian Peninsula or Baleares Islands to Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla VAT is "not paid".
Also, a text like "Prices for Peninsula and Baleares. For Canary, Ceuta and Melilla buyer must pay local tax when item is received" must be included in every page.

EN
Under Spanish law, the establishment has to charge the fee for the place where the store is located. With what I come to say that if your shop is in the islands, you just have to collect the tax which was established in the islands, you can not charge a customer a VAT differently according to their origin. I am of the “peninsula” and all inclusive customers outside Spain, I will charge 16% or 7% depending on the product but pq me what brand the state. Obviously it will be much cheaper to buy in your store (if in the islands) to buy the same product within the “peninsula”.
=============
ES
Según leyes españolas, el establecimiento tiene que cobrar la tasa correspondiente del lugar donde se encuentre la tienda. Con lo que te vengo a decir que si tu tienda está en Canarias, tu solo tienes que cobrar el impuesto que haya establecido en Canarias, no se le puede cobrar a un cliente un IVA diferente según su procedencia. Yo soy de la peninsula y a todos inclusive los clientes fuera de españa yo le cobro el 16% o 7% según el producto pero pq me lo marca el estado. Obviamente será mucho más barato comprar en tu tienda (si está en las islas) que comprar el mismo producto dentro de la península.

EN

Under Spanish law, the establishment has to charge the fee for the place where the store is located...

Law differs when you're selling by post. Residents in Canary/Ceuta/Melilla must not pay VAT when buying in a Peninsula e-shop. Customs through shipping agency will charge the buyer the corresponding VAT when the shippmet is received.

ES

Según leyes españolas, el establecimiento tiene que cobrar la tasa correspondiente del lugar donde se encuentre la tienda...

La cosa cambia cuando hablamos de venta por correo. Los residentes en Canarias, Ceuta y Melilla deben abonar a la tienda en la Península el importe sin IVA. Es la Aduana a través de la empresa de mesajería la que le cobra el impuesto correspondiente (IGIC/IPSI) cuando reciba el pedido.

EN
So if my store is on a peninsula and does not charge VAT to a customer residing in the Canaries, who pays the VAT to finance? Me? No, the customer if you buy on the peninsula has to pay VAT. In addition, shipments via "Correos, SA" do not pay customs. The customs are paid when the shipping is done through a private transport company.

ES
Entonces, si mi tienda está en a península y no le cobro el IVA a un cliente que reside en Canarias, ¿quien paga el IVA a hacienda? ¿Yo? No, el cliente si compra en la península tiene que pagar el IVA. Además, los envíos a través de "Correos, SA" no hacen pagar las aduanas. Las aduanas se pagan cuando el envío se hace a través de una empresa de transportes privada.

EN

So if my store is on a peninsula and does not charge VAT to a customer residing in the Canaries, who pays the VAT to finance? Me? No, the customer if you buy on the peninsula has to pay VAT. In addition, shipments via "Correos, SA" do not pay customs. The customs are paid when the shipping is done through a private transport company.

Residents in Canary,Ceuta and Melilla are VAT-exempt when buying by post (whatever the shipping agency is). Nobody has to pay any VAT. Sales to residents in Canary are not declared in the same form as the rest of your sales. I recommend you to ask your tax consultant.

You can ask your doubts in the following thread:
http://todoprestashop.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2454&sid=2ca39d888ad00bfba2aa7842ab0aae7e

ES

Entonces, si mi tienda está en a península y no le cobro el IVA a un cliente que reside en Canarias, ¿quien paga el IVA a hacienda? ¿Yo? No, el cliente si compra en la península tiene que pagar el IVA. Además, los envíos a través de "Correos, SA" no hacen pagar las aduanas. Las aduanas se pagan cuando el envío se hace a través de una empresa de transportes privada.

Los residentes en Canarias, Ceuta y Melilla están exentos de pagar IVA en compras por correo (se realice el envío por "Correos, SA", SEUR, UPS o FEDEX). Logicamente nadie tiene que pagar ese IVA. Las ventas a residentes en Canarias no se declaran en el mismo formulario de IVA que las ventas en tu local. Te recomiendo que preguntes a tu asesor fiscal sobre este tema.

Te invito a que participes en este hilo, donde podemos hablar del tema en profundidad:
http://todoprestashop.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2454&sid=2ca39d888ad00bfba2aa7842ab0aae7e

EN
1 - The mail order do not exist, buying online is equal to buy physically on the premises.

2 - All facilities within the peninsula must charge VAT on all their products because that is the law.

If I do not charge VAT on what you buy me, the customs are not going to pay my VAT is mine. Whereupon I have to charge you VAT. No matter where you are, if you buy in a place where there is a tax to pay, you pay. If you buy abroad, you'll have to pay tax and then the shipment.

ES
1 - Las ventas por correo no existen, comprar a través de internet es igual a comprar físicamente en el establecimiento.

2 - Todos los establecimientos dentro de la península deben cobrar IVA a todos sus productos porque así lo marca la ley.

Si yo no te cobro IVA por lo que tu me compres, las aduanas no me van a pagar a mi el IVA que me corresponde. Con lo cual tengo que cobrarte el IVA. No importa de donde seas, si compras en un lugar donde hay un impuesto que pagar, lo pagas. Si compras en el extranjero, vas a tener que pagar el impuesto que te marquen y después el envío.

1 - The mail order do not exist, buying online is equal to buy physically on the premises.
2 - All facilities within the peninsula must charge VAT on all their products because that is the law.

I think you should have a talk with your Tax Consultant and review the law you know. I strongly recommend you to discuss this issue into this forum, in Spanish:

Greetings,
Tiendarium

Hi, a part of the other discussion about Spanish taxes, I'm a former seller and I know how taxe goes in Spain.

First at all, sorry about my english.

There are zones in Spanish, the main zone is Peninsula

Selling from Peninsula to Peninsula to customers
We have different VATs depending of the product, 16%, 4%, etc... but to be very strict with the law, to sell with de special VAT 4% (EDUCATION), customer must be identified as a Educational Customer.

Selling from Peninsula to Peninsula to other shops (Wholesale)
A part of the differents VATs, we must charge a special Tax Withholding, called Recargo de Equivalencia, that applies to some customer (small shops).

Selling from Peninsula to other Tax Zones
We must sell without VAT, and the customer pay the VAT in his zone.

Selling from Peninsula to Europe Country to customers
Shop can choose if apply Spanish VAT or the VAT of the customers. At this point, I think there is a limit in whole Europe, but I can't remember.

Selling from Peninsula to Europe (EEC) to other shops (Wholesale)
If the customer has a valid VAT for buying in the EEC (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do) you must sell without VAT, and the customer will pay his own VAT in his country.

-----------------
About Lawes
----------------
There is something very important that we need, we have to keep record of the cost of each product we sell, from 2008, we have to keep the average cost, so is difficult, because we need a stock&purchase;control, to get the average.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

EN

Updated data from 2013:

• General taxes: 21%
  • Reduced: 10%
  • Extra reduced: 4%

Residents in Canary/Ceuta/Melilla must not pay VAT when buying in a Peninsula e-shop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ES

Datos del año 2013:

Impuestos generales: 21%
     Reducida: 10%
     Extra reducida: 4%

Los residentes en Canarias / Ceuta / Melilla no deben pagar el IVA en la compra de una tienda de la península.