Contact email problems - Not sending

I am also experiencing this and I am using WAMP Server for production. I even tried re-configuring PHP.INI and used an external Win32 mailer program like sendmail.exe and msmtp but to no avail. Maybe when I upload in the live Linux server this will work... but still I need to receive mail messages as a test and see the actual sent messages.

Hi TropischBruin! Nope, mails doesn't get sent when registering nor ordering in my site located in the development WAMP server that I have. But I've just uploaded the whole site in a Linux server environment, tested the sending of mails, and found that they work!!! I received all mail messages! So I am unsure what caused the problem in my WAMP server (WinXP environment).

I previously made a basic test "mail()" code in PHP just to see whether mail messages get sent through WAMP... and they don't. Prestashop nor the code I made doesn't produce any error but I don't receive any mails either. I can only guess that the problem may have been caused by my SMTP server blocking relayed mail messages from websites. hmm...

Well, at least I found out that the site works in Linux. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi TropischBruin! Nope, mails doesn't get sent when registering nor ordering in my site located in the development WAMP server that I have. But I've just uploaded the whole site in a Linux server environment, tested the sending of mails, and found that they work!!! I received all mail messages! So I am unsure what caused the problem in my WAMP server (WinXP environment).

I previously made a basic test "mail()" code in PHP just to see whether mail messages get sent through WAMP... and they don't. Prestashop nor the code I made doesn't produce any error but I don't receive any mails either. I can only guess that the problem may have been caused by my SMTP server blocking relayed mail messages from websites. hmm...

Well, at least I found out that the site works in Linux. :)

Someone have a solution on this problem? I have also made a basic test in php and the email does not get sent. It worked fine when I had the shop on another domain (with same web hosting company) but now it doesnt work.

Regards,
Olof

• 2 months later...