presta 1.6 and Internet Explorer

I have a fresh 1.6 install and I get a nearly crippled view on ie7 and ie8 with default theme on.

I am using ie9 with emulation mode (f12) to see it, and i wonder if 'native' ie7 and ie8 manage better, can anybody confirm? I searched this forum and it strikes me that nobody reports same issues.

In my box, ie9 goes fine, ie8 has some gross mistakes, mainly with css in list pages, and ie7 nearly fails completely.

Has anyone tested this?

Edited by josecarre (see edit history)

I got this (and many other problems) solved after I upgraded to version 1.6.0.5  I didn't test it extensively yet, but at first glance ie8 and even ie7 look ok with it.

If you have version 1.6.0.2 I strongly recommend to upgrade to 1.6.0.5. Version 0.2 gave me a lot of headaches and I nearly gave up with presta 1.6. Version .2 was a severe pain in the ass. This is a summary of the problems I had:

-ie7 and ie8 failure.

-switching themes was broken, and afterwards I had changes and problems in the module positions, it was nearly impossible to fix them.

-this version recommends to update 17 modules. At least three of the updates resulted in a fatal crash.

IE8 | PS 1.6.5.0 default theme

Filter price and features not work on "Layered navigation block".

The loading icon appears and keep loading... loading... loading...

I have try both ON and OFF at BO but cannot solve it:- BO >> Performance >> CCC (COMBINE, COMPRESS AND CACHE)

- Smart cache for CSS
- Smart cache for JavaScript
- Minify HTML
- Compress inline JavaScript in HTML

Hello. I'm trying to deal with this ie7 & ie8 problem with prestashop 1.6.

I don't think it is problem with the version, I upgraded to 1.6.0.5 with no result and the same effect is on the demo page: http://demo-store.prestashop.com/pl/

When I searched the code I found out that this is mostly problem with max-widh in css. From what I know ie8 accept max-width only if there was width attribute set before and ie7 does not accept max-width at all. So I don't know how It could work wiht no additional styling for this browsers?

For example .container max-width attributes are set in global.css but I can't nowhere find any with param.

Can somebody who has proper look of prestashop 1.6 default theme in ie8 check where is width for .container element set? In which css file?

There are "lt-ie9" "lt-ie8" "ie7" classes in html element but I can't find any styles for this classes. Am I missing some files?

Best regards

Barto