[SOLVED] ERROR after update latest patch

Hi ladivito,

You are asking for many features that Prestashop does not have that are not easy modifications to do and are having many problems that most people are just not having. I've worked with Prestashop for over a year now and haven't encountered any SQL errors like this, though it seems you are trying to do a lot more with Prestashop than I am.

I wish I could help, but I have no idea how you managed to get that error message. I just did a search on my entire Prestashop site for price_display_method and came up with no results. That SQL query makes no sense. It seems to be missing a database prefix and is referencing a column that doesn't exist in Prestashop. Perhaps it is caused by a module or modification to Prestashop.

I see. It sounds like you have overwritten files with ones from SVN, but not upgraded your database to match SVN. That is what is causing the problem. The SVN database must have a field price_display_method, but it is missing on yours because your database was v1.2.4. It is best to avoid overwriting files with ones from SVN unless you really know what you are doing, otherwise problems like this can occur.

Yes, you need to download install-dev/sql/upgrade/1.3.0.0.sql and run that query on your database using your cPanel phpMyAdmin. In fact, I just looked at the query and it adds the price_display_method column to the group table, so I think it would fix your problem.

i had download the latest fixed file but not working !

then i copy the text inside the 1.3.0.0 and run the sql.....then the error was as below :

Error
SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_product` CHANGE `reduction_from` `reduction_from` DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT '1970-01-01',
CHANGE `reduction_to` `reduction_to` DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT '1970-01-01';

MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'maricuti_mcdb.PREFIX_product' doesn't exist

anyone plz teach me how to run the statement as below in phpadmin........is a content in .sql file.....

================================================================
SET NAMES 'utf8';

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_product`
CHANGE `reduction_from` `reduction_from` DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT '1970-01-01',

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_order_detail` CHANGE `tax_rate` `tax_rate` DECIMAL(10, 3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.000';
ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_group` ADD `price_display_method` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `reduction`;

DONE !!!

the sql query should be as below :

SET NAMES 'utf8';

ALTER TABLE `product`
CHANGE `reduction_from` `reduction_from` DATE NOT NULL DEFAULT '1970-01-01',

ALTER TABLE `order_detail` CHANGE `tax_rate` `tax_rate` DECIMAL(10, 3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.000';
ALTER TABLE `group` ADD `price_display_method` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `reduction`;