SOLVED: Next page problem on category page

Hello all, I duplicated my store on a local server (mamp), then upgraded to 1.6.  Everything is there, need to do some configs, but the major problem I seem to be having is when I select a category, I see the products fine, but if I have several pages of products and click on the next page, instead of showing the next page of pruducts, I get the THERE ARE NO PRODUCTS message.  I have two languages and it is happening in both languages.  And having grid or list does not make any difference.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please see the attached images.

post-362124-0-61759200-1395152035_thumb.png

post-362124-0-65302700-1395152045_thumb.png

Edited by bgiguere (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Steef and Lucas,  I have disabled all old modules, cleared cache and forced compile.  The problem is still there.  As soon as I click on another page (number) or next in the category page, I get the there are no products message.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello all,  I've attached two screenshots.  One of the 'old site' that is presently live, and one of the 'upgraded' site that is presently in local (for upgrade and testing).  

You'll notice that on the 'live site', when I put my curser on 'next' on a product list page, at the bottom, you see the url that shows it will be going to page '2'.

On the 'local site', when I put my curser on 'next' on the same product list page, the url at the bottom still shows page '1' and not page '2'.

I tried disabling the 'friendly url', just in case and nothing changes.

Any ideas on what may be happening?

Thanks in advance for any help.

post-362124-0-71849700-1395579871_thumb.pngpost-362124-0-38056600-1395579893_thumb.png

IT does show page one, no matter which of the page numbers you hover over. Interestingly when you click on page two or another page, then the links in the bottom of the browser do show correctly. Clicking the pages does bring up the right pages though, so even though the page number is shown incorrectly, the links do work properly

@Synthesis: I do sleep at night :P

@vasekcekal: I just went on your site and the pagination was working fine. What OS/Browser are you using when having this problem?

I use Windows 7 - Mozilla 28. But it already works! o.O Did you do something with that?

Now make this URL: http://domain.XX/id-category?p=2

But before it have some weird URL with #, like http://domain.XX/id-category#/page-2/ and it doesn't work o.O

Did you do with this something? :blink:

Hello, I had the same problem too after upgrading from 1.4.9 - what I did was to check the Information page in BO, and I noticed a couple of missing files, in classes and controllers. I manually copied them to my server from a clean PS 1.6. installation, cleared cache, recompiled, and it worked, the no products issue was fixed.

I use Windows 7 - Mozilla 28. But it already works! o.O Did you do something with that?

Now make this URL: http://domain.XX/id-category?p=2

But before it have some weird URL with #, like http://domain.XX/id-category#/page-2/ and it doesn't work o.O

Did you do with this something? :blink:

Ok so I installed the Layered Navigation, and the URL looks like page-1, page-2, etc... but it works for me.

Could you check on your side? Everything works with Firefox/Chrome/...

Didn't touch a thing. Did you change some configuration, especially with the layered navigation module ?

Hello I didn't change anything in layered navigation module o.O

Now it works better than with URL which looks like http://domain.XX/id-category?p=2 -> with this if you press next page whole page reloaded

With new URL style it doesn't reload whole page, it is better :)

Now it works for me also with # in URL.. I don't know why it didn't work last time :blink:

Thank you Master!! :)

Hello all.  Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.  A special thanks to Supernova Cult.  I checked the config file information and there were definitely files missing.  I installed them and the pagination is now working.  You guys are the best.   :)

Alright, I found the bug thanks to @stevell shop.

If your category page has no left column but you didn't deactivated the "Layered navigation", the pagination won't work.

We'll fix that issue, but in the meantime, you can either deactivate the layered navigation or enable the left column.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello Lucas,

did you fix this issue? I'm having the same problem with my theme on 1.6.0.9. I know it can be fixed with proper hook setup but some clients (using my themes) don't have the right setup and they are confused that pagination doesn't work.

Thank you

Jiri

• 4 weeks later...