keito

Humm. the 1.5 theme i have not work well, only the footer is fine, and this is because the new layout of prestashop 1.6, is very different, so i think people need to adjust all the themes..

The prestashop team made nice work in backoffice, but in front of the store not so well, they want to make one version like no other, but they need to think the people who have the 1.5 version, if they made the upgrade, the stores will change and they will stay with lot of work again, and the time is money, so i think many users will stay with 1.5 version for now...

Im already making the new store with 1.6, and i was waiting for this new version to see the difference, and its big, im leaving from 1.4.9.0 to this new, so i made all configurations again from begining, and take me 2 hours to see, change and check everything, now i dont know if i keep this default theme or not.. need to see if i have time to change all things..

Prestashop this time dont offer with the installation the normal default theme like we know, this time they offer one theme for women :blink: maybe someone in the team are in love :wub:  :P

Tks.. ;)

Edited by AngelSpeedy (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Humm. the 1.5 theme i have not work well, only the footer is fine, and this is because the new layout of prestashop 1.6, is very different, so i think people need to adjust all the themes..

The prestashop team made nice work in backoffice, but in front of the store not so well, they want to make one version like no other, but they need to think the people who have the 1.5 version, if they made the upgrade, the stores will change and they will stay with lot of work again, and the time is money, so i think many users will stay with 1.5 version for now...

Im already making the new store with 1.6, and i was waiting for this new version to see the difference, and its big, im leaving from 1.4.9.0 to this new, so i made all configurations again from begining, and take me 2 hours to see, change and check everything, now i dont know if i keep this default theme or not.. need to see if i have time to change all things..

Prestashop this time dont offer with the installation the normal default theme like we know, this time they offer one theme for women :blink: maybe someone in the team are in love :wub:  :P

Tks.. ;)

Yeah! and also they add bootstrap for responsive layout in 1.6.0.5 and i think if I install a theme that is compatible with 1.5 it will not perfectly work in PS 1.6.0.5.

• Like 1

You should be able to use most of the free 1.5 themes as prestashop dev stated that most of 1.5 themes are compatibles (core is the same)

Okay! I'll try installing a 1.5 themes. Thanks for the response.

I have recently taken over a shop newly installed in PS 1.5.6.

That shop was themed with Simple Responsive theme.

After some hours work, I managed to get a new 1.6.0.5 installation to look identical to the 1.5.6 installation using the Simple Responsive theme. However, I would love to stick with the build-in bootstrap theme in PS 1.6.0.5, since it pretty much offers the same functionality.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the bootstrap transparent and add a background image instead?

If yes, please PM me.

There is no doubt in my mind.... I'm sticking with 1.6! :)B)

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently taken over a shop newly installed in PS 1.5.6.

That shop was themed with Simple Responsive theme.

After some hours work, I managed to get a new 1.6.0.5 installation to look identical to the 1.5.6 installation using the Simple Responsive theme. However, I would love to stick with the build-in bootstrap theme in PS 1.6.0.5, since it pretty much offers the same functionality.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the bootstrap transparent and add a background image instead?

If yes, please PM me.

There is no doubt in my mind.... I'm sticking with 1.6! :)B)

Did you find how to add a background image?

With CSS , it is not built in the theme editor if I'm not mistaking.

Did you find how to add a background image?

Yes Guys, I found out how to do it.

Take a look at \www\modules\themeconfigurator\css\theme3.css

.header-container,
.columns-container {
  background: url(../img/bg-theme2.jpg) repeat 50% 0;
}

Original file, line 5-9.

This theme is the only one which has a background.

So basically, I just made a copy of that file, and tweaked the CSS to best fit my layout needs.

Also remember to edit the theme3.scss file, located here: \www\modules\themeconfigurator\sass

• 2 weeks later...

just updated and the matrice theme I was using changed the slide jpg, now being a pain to sort it out

so looks as if themes are not completely compatible so be aware

• 4 weeks later...

Right Have a Problem Here I Cant Just buy a theme It has to be a a particular color style the whole smash to fit in with our business.So thjat means we have to know how to change colour of the top navigation system, Change the Font s the button Styles ect. Presta shop can appreciate as Im sure they do that basically they understand that some themes are customisable and for strict companies like our that have to sell under strict regulative rules they must have a module on how to change things  styles buttons ect.

about this

http://www.multyshades.com/2014/01/free-prestashop-themes/

can any one of you record a video? show us  from download these themes till he manage it in his website?

it will be helpful to know how we can fix these kind of themes , because I tried to use one but was not suitable.

something else, whey we don not see free ebay theme here? or improved ebay theme?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...