1.6 Thumbnails Not Showing

Hi,

I just upgraded to version 1.6.

On my product page:

https://www.swcoins.com/index.php?id_product=1184&controller=product

as an example. The main image shows without issue. If you click on it the thick box image shows with no issue. However, the thumbnails under the main image do not show? If you click on them then the correct image shows but the thumbnails remain blank.

I have "regenerated" the thumbnails a couple of times already....

Please any help!

I think i found the issue. when you update the shop in 1.6 it do not create new image size. which need to show for thum.

if you look bellow two image you will notice that

https://www.swcoins.com/img/p/3/7/0/2/3702-cart_default.jpg
https://www.swcoins.com/img/p/3/7/0/1/3701-large_default.jpg

There must be a cart_default image size in your image size place. so create that with image name and then regenerate. Hope it will solve your issue. :)

Hi

I have the same problem : had a PS1.5.5.0 install with default theme, upgraded to 1.6.0.5 with 1-click upgrade, and I confirm that I do not have the cart_default image on my test server. Regenerating thumbs is wayyyy too long on my shop (I can't change the execution time limit for PHP on my provider), and I don't even know what size to put for this cart_default, or even if other images sizes have to be modified in order to be OK with the new default theme (in a dev version of PS1.6 I have on my Mac has completely different values for nearly all images sizes, I have to check this with a fresh 1.6.0.5 install).

Any ideas on what to do to be sure to have a clean configuration after migration (and how to regenerate only the thumbnails by image type, not "product/category" type ?)

Thanks.

Ok, so this is how you solve this problem (at least for me)

1) make sure you first turn off cache (not just the smarty cache but the File System / Memcache... etc).

2) make sure cart_default has no trailing white space. Prestashop does not trim the tags. Therefore if you have cart_default[space] your file name will generate as: blahblah-cart_default [space].jpg

3) Make sure cart_default has the product enabled option engaged.

4) Start off generating the thumbnails by selecting product > cart_default with the green tab to delete existing images.

5) If you have a lot of product and it timeouts, hit the back button once, then change the green tab to red (don't delete) and start again.

Hint: I have found the admin timeout is quite short with 1.6 thus when I hit the back button I was logged out. I found that if you open another window and set it to your admin dashboard and refresh every so often it will keep you logged in and not log you out.

Hope this helps. Good luck and thank you everyone for your help!

• Like 1

1) make sure you first turn off cache (not just the smarty cache but the File System / Memcache... etc).

2) make sure cart_default has no trailing white space. Prestashop does not trim the tags. Therefore if you have cart_default[space] your file name will generate as: blahblah-cart_default [space].jpg

4) Start off generating the thumbnails by selecting product > cart_default with the green tab to delete existing images.

5) If you have a lot of product and it timeouts, hit the back button once, then change the green tab to red (don't delete) and start again.

Hint: I have found the admin timeout is quite short with 1.6 thus when I hit the back button I was logged out. I found that if you open another window and set it to your admin dashboard and refresh every so often it will keep you logged in and not log you out.

Thanks, I'll try this. But what sizes are good for the bootstrap default theme ? (I'll check on a fresh install if I have some time)

name="cart_default" width="80" height="80" products="1" categories="0" manufacturers="0" suppliers="0" scenes="0" stores="0"/>

Thanks. That did the trick for the thumbnails. Now I checked a bit in the same xml file as you, and I confirm that all image sizes have been modified in PS1.6.

For exemple, small_default from 45x45 to 98x98, thick box_default from 600x600 to 800x800, large_default from 264x264 to 458x458 .. So all images have to be rebuilt after modifying those sizes.

Besides that, the layout after migration does not looks like a fresh install, but that's not the topic here :)

Not sure, but what i see in 1.6 version is : Small,Medium,Large,Thickbox,Category,Home,Scene And M_scene.. i do not see cart_defaul in image settings? what am i missing here?

i added the cart_defaul(or anyname you like?) and it worked then but

if i need to create new size cart_defaul and add it to products -> why is that, why is version 1.6 missing this "default" feature of showing 1 large images and 3 thumbnails (thumbnails are not showing is the problem i'm seeing). Is this i a bug? that only some see why upgrade? ..

Edited by Valoilmio (see edit history)

Hello, The problem is solved.

Bellow is my instruction for you.

1. I saw there is not thum image after upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6

2. Then i add my image size on  cart_default

Preferences
    Images

3. after that i regenerate the image 
4. then i check the front end and it show the thum image

All this step are shown in attached image. So the problem is solved. This is a bug in update process not to create the new image size.

post-460779-0-83282500-1395212800_thumb.png

post-460779-0-56113200-1395212849_thumb.png

post-460779-0-55668700-1395212877_thumb.png

post-460779-0-33379000-1395212881_thumb.png

• Like 2

I tried a tip I got on the french part of this forum : after migration, switch to another theme (I picked a free one just for this), then switch back to the default bootstrap theme. All image sizes are recreated, positions and modules are put "default", as with a fresh install. After this, regenerates all images, and voila ! Works great, I now only need to configure a bit the new modules that came with the new theme.

• Like 1

I tried a tip I got on the french part of this forum : after migration, switch to another theme (I picked a free one just for this), then switch back to the default bootstrap theme. All image sizes are recreated, positions and modules are put "default", as with a fresh install. After this, regenerates all images, and voila ! Works great, I now only need to configure a bit the new modules that came with the new theme.

Thanks. this seems to be safer way to do this -> if something else is also broken in default theme it would be set to default after this.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...