1.6 Version is nice but only DEMO !

So many problems with PS I never had. The new version is really crazy. I tried what I could to make me appear at least category and that everything was in three columns, but could not. I deleted history etc as normaly. I'm sorry but I prefer to wait until PS 1.6 will work without problems, because I run a business and shop feeds me and I can not afford to look like that in front of customers who have broken eshop pages. Now is PS only DEMO but I belive some days will be again fully proffesional. I returned to 1.5 PS

• Like 1

1.6 actually works pretty well but the theme is completely different then the previous versions of Prestashop especially in the theme area.

You can make it a three column layout however by going to the Themes page choose edit for the Bootstrap theme and enable the right column.

You will also have to enable many additional pages if you want three column layout on all pages.

You would also need to transplant modules to the right column for them to show in that column.

Not really hard just takes a little time.

ps: It is not a Demo just has demo products to test with and to get familiar with the new install.

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So many problems with PS I never had. The new version is really crazy. I tried what I could to make me appear at least category and that everything was in three columns, but could not. I deleted history etc as normaly. I'm sorry but I prefer to wait until PS 1.6 will work without problems, because I run a business and shop feeds me and I can not afford to look like that in front of customers who have broken eshop pages. Now is PS only DEMO but I belive some days will be again fully proffesional. I returned to 1.5 PS

Totally agree,  also that completely destroys the hook positions of existing modules in the current Template and most of the modules will be inoperable, improved the appearance but I didn't see new functionalities expected as you can continue an order that has not yet been sent to payments, without having to generate a new one.

• Like 1

Totally agree,  also that completely destroys the hook positions of existing modules in the current Template and most of the modules will be inoperable, improved the appearance but I didn't see new functionalities expected as you can continue an order that has not yet been sent to payments, without having to generate a new one.

Why if I Buy a Responsive theme,  which works Perfectly in PS 1.5.6  when I Upgrade to PS 1.6,  nothing seems to work,  Most of the modules fail or doesn't work,  the hooks doesn't work, not recognize my template as responsive, it is literally impossible to put your template looks like It was before the upgrade  

• Like 1

Why if I Buy a Responsive theme,  which works Perfectly in PS 1.5.6  when I Upgrade to PS 1.6,  nothing seems to work,  Most of the modules fail or doesn't work,  the hooks doesn't work, not recognize my template as responsive, it is literally impossible to put your template looks like It was before the upgrade  

There are plenty new modules and some new hooks in new version. Therefore after upgrade, you should go through module positions and adjust them. The modules that has administration should be also adapted to be compatible with responsive BO. The provider of your theme should be able to help you with that.

i believe that everything will be allright in the nearest future, i remember relase of 1.5, it was the same   ;) a lot of merchants were disappointed, but after some time, everthing started to work :)

This is the same for every software update, across all industries. 

We communicated to the community about merchants' themes and modules needing to be compatible with bootstrap and 1.6

A responsive theme does not make it compatible with Bootstrap, it just makes it responsive. The front office theme is completely different, two column instead of three column. What tdr170 says is correct. 

I think that version 1.6 is really cool. It has some new features built-in which were only available with expensive addons in previous versions.

Though there are some bugs and they will go away by the time.

Keep using it, and you will be familiar with it.

yea i know, for me personally 1.6 theme is much better than 1.5.

in fact, when you use customized template with a lot of non-default modules, some customization etc. you have to be sure that these modules are compatibile with 1.6 - i think that in this case the problem is with this - not theme "as is".

I think 1.6 is by far the most "modern" and stable version of the shop has ever been released.

It's glittering like a diamond between /magento/ and /opencart/ installations on my HDD :D

actually im falling in love :D AGAIN :D

• Like 2

The new 1.6 default theme is really great. However, most of our PrestaShop-owners/customers don't want to use the new theme, because they already invested a lot of money and time to customizing an 1.5 template. So at the moment it seems to me that they were not able to update to 1.6 themselves, because it would break their modified 1.5 template.

Only stable version of PrestaShop is 1.4.x.x. Your real shop I did not have the courage or upgrade to version 1.5. let alone to 1.6. I see nothing revolutionize version 1.6 It's just a different look and it's all unnecessarily complicated. Default theme is really about nothing.

Only stable version of PrestaShop is 1.4.x.x. Your real shop I did not have the courage or upgrade to version 1.5. let alone to 1.6. I see nothing revolutionize version 1.6 It's just a different look and it's all unnecessarily complicated. Default theme is really about nothing.

You should know that PrestaShop versions that do not get updated, eventually they will be hacked. Is a good idea to keep any open source script updated to the latest version.

• Like 1

most of our PrestaShop-owners/customers don't want to use the new theme, because they already invested a lot of money and time to customizing an 1.5 template. So at the moment it seems to me that they were not able to update to 1.6 themselves, because it would break their modified 1.5 template.

...which is the main reason why it is useless to make an upgrade to a new version. A new version of a backoffice is redundant if a custom theme cannot be upgraded in the same manner

You should know that PrestaShop versions that do not get updated, eventually they will be hacked. Is a good idea to keep any open source script updated to the latest version.

You bring up a good point but PrestaShop is really a secure software. I don't think we've any reports of 1.4 and above being hacked. There was one module that had a vulnerability a few years ago but we fixed it quickly. 

Maybe it's true, but to date does not work reliably even version 1.5 and version 1.6 is completely somewhere else. This version is probably done for blind people. Everything is unnecessarily large and settings are completely useless very complicated. Large banners and ads on the home page are appalling. Only the basic settings for which people are used to in 1.4 and 1.5 is very complicated. Default Setting theme is absolutely appalling

You bring up a good point but PrestaShop is really a secure software. I don't think we've any reports of 1.4 and above being hacked. There was one module that had a vulnerability a few years ago but we fixed it quickly. 

Benjamin,

Yes, PrestaShop is really a secure script. Over the past years I don't remember having any problems with it, I'm just saying is a good 

practice to have an open source script update as much as closer to the latest version of it. 

I remember few time ago, I did had some clients that did not wanted to updated their websites (built on Joomla) for years. Unfortunately some of my clients websites did get hacked along with other few hundreds created on the same script. 

Edited by PrestaCoder.com (see edit history)

If you stay with prestashop 1.4.x.x for a long time you will be having an obsolete website store,

but if you manage to have a good responsive template i think you can keep up with the standards and trends for a little longer.

For me the most stable version is 1.5.6.2, everything works ok after I've fixed most of the bugs and problems that have been haunting prestashop since 1.5xx, most of the bugs and problems have a solution and are documented on prestashop forum

also prestashop 1.5.x.x is now very familiar and well known by the community

For the new prestashop 1.6, well... its a new beast, and the core files wasn't even change too much...

The new prestashop 1.6 for now its not stable, too many errors, bugs, problems, incompatibility issues with modules

no one with a real store ​and business that invested a lot on modules and themes and time on their current prestashop 1.4.x.x or 1.5.x.x  want to take the risk of loosing everything just because there's a new feature: responsiveness

maybe later, when people start to feel that their webstore is becoming obsolete.

If you stay with prestashop 1.4.x.x for a long time you will be having an obsolete website store,

but if you manage to have a good responsive template i think you can keep up with the standards and trends for a little longer.

For me the most stable version is 1.5.6.2, everything works ok after I've fixed most of the bugs and problems that have been haunting prestashop since 1.5xx, most of the bugs and problems have a solution and are documented on prestashop forum

also prestashop 1.5.x.x is now very familiar and well known by the community

For the new prestashop 1.6, well... its a new beast, and the core files wasn't even change too much...

The new prestashop 1.6 for now its not stable, too many errors, bugs, problems, incompatibility issues with modules

no one with a real store ​and business that invested a lot on modules and themes and time on their current prestashop 1.4.x.x or 1.5.x.x  want to take the risk of loosing everything just because there's a new feature: responsiveness

maybe later, when people start to feel that their webstore is becoming obsolete.

http://www.gazzz.com/en/

This store was built on 1.4 and upgraded to 1.5... It was upgraded to 1.6 yesterday. It's fair enough to wait for new versions but this release is nothing like the 1.5 release where core files were extensively changed. Upgrades are going well. People are upset about the compatibility of modules and themes and that is expected. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's true, but to date does not work reliably even version 1.5 and version 1.6 is completely somewhere else. This version is probably done for blind people. Everything is unnecessarily large and settings are completely useless very complicated. Large banners and ads on the home page are appalling. Only the basic settings for which people are used to in 1.4 and 1.5 is very complicated. Default Setting theme is absolutely appalling

Regarding the features from back office, when PrestaShop 1.5 was released I said - Nice, when I've seen PrestaShop 1.6 i said - WOW! Upgrading from Prestashop 1.4 to 1.5 or 1.6 it does worth but it's a matter of preferences.

Also, on 1.6 I the loading speed (for both front and back office) is faster.

I admit that in future 1,6 would be much better than 1,5 PS...but there is really bad for merchants who starve for 1,6 upgrade and make quick action when it release and than this shock :(. For me upgrade mean that everithing works like before in new coat with better functions and not that our three column disappears and is really hard to find out how to get back by lengthy search. And the many other functions that do not works now corectly. PrestaShop is a good program and I like him but only as long as it works.

Now I see no reason to upgrade to version 1.6. Only if someone wanted to produce a lot of problems. The risk of loss is big business functionality. Not out yet nor capable of themes. I think the 1.6 will not upgrade ever. Somehow I is not sympathetic.

Edited by jaro61 (see edit history)

http://www.gazzz.com/en/

This store was built on 1.4 and upgraded to 1.5... It was upgraded to 1.6 yesterday. It's fair enough to wait for new versions but this release is nothing like the 1.5 release where core files were extensively changed. Upgrades are going well. People are upset about the compatibility of modules and themes and that is expected. 

This page style is not like anyone. I personally do not even like it. Images in the preview goods are unnecessarily big as horses . It's not pretty . Top menu is disadvantageous because when you expand over the top of the page. With a large number of categories top menu or is not appropriate . Category must appear immediately on the home page , not to the customer is looking for . If, within 2-3 seconds customers do not know where to click , goes away . Most bothers me most awfully large images of the goods . Big does not mean modern . Footer is also unnecessarily large and wide . This customer care. Image slider on the home page is dominant , and not the goods offered . This is not a theater , but business . In stores where there are more ads than goods , even I do not purchase a series . Classic look of trade , as in version 1.5 is much, much nicer and more acceptable to customers . Also, the font used in version 1.6 does not display accented characters correctly . ( Slovak language ) . In one word, there are two fonts . Prestashop using fonts and font replaced with accents. From version 1.6 I was expecting more , unfortunately I am very disappointed .T

Edited by jaro61 (see edit history)

I couldn't get my eyes to stop bleeding from the new admin panel made for 3 year olds who are comforted by bright colors.  I'm an adult and I need an adult admin panel. :) 

I was all angry over this release yesterday but have decided to use the previous version and not upgrade to 1.6 until PS gets it together.  

I really wish that admin panel doesn't stay but they are so proud of it, I feel like they will so on some level I'm still sitting the fence. I want at least an option to use a different or the old admin panel.  The new one had many buttons not working too. 

I can say I was rather impressed by the rollback feature that worked flawlessly for me. 

I'm cart hunting and just installed PS so I'm not too depressed about it but I can't image this happening if I had an active store.  We've been spoiled by Wordpress. I don't hesitate to hit the update on that and my site never breaks.  Which brings me back to the ghastly admin panel... it looks ripped off from Wordpress. Tacky. Very Tacky... Like showing up at ball wearing the same dress as someone else...

Imo from a perfomance view the new version seems to be awesome at least with apc cache enabled. Good work on that.

With the admin panel I am not to impressed. I don't see any real improvements there which would speed up things.

I hope this is just the beginning and there will be real advantages.

Maybe some short notes. Sliding buttons suggest that there is kind of AJAX functionality but they change nothing until I press the save button.

Save buttons have moved now to the button of the page so I have to scroll down to save a product. I suggested to PS team to add more mass update functionality in the product overview page like AJAX stock updates which would at least work for normal products (sure not with combinations). Maybe there could be something like quick edit buttons witch will open a "colorbox" like windows so page reloads are not needed every time I change something. At least now we can select 1000 products per page. I hope there will be more optimisations for merchants in the future that will really speed up the work.

At the current "form over function" state I will have still to use my own mass update scripts.

All the best Trip

• Like 1

This page style is not like anyone. I personally do not even like it. Images in the preview goods are unnecessarily big as horses . It's not pretty . Top menu is disadvantageous because when you expand over the top of the page. With a large number of categories top menu or is not appropriate . Category must appear immediately on the home page , not to the customer is looking for . If, within 2-3 seconds customers do not know where to click , goes away . Most bothers me most awfully large images of the goods . Big does not mean modern . Footer is also unnecessarily large and wide . This customer care. Image slider on the home page is dominant , and not the goods offered . This is not a theater , but business . In stores where there are more ads than goods , even I do not purchase a series . Classic look of trade , as in version 1.5 is much, much nicer and more acceptable to customers . Also, the font used in version 1.6 does not display accented characters correctly . ( Slovak language ) . In one word, there are two fonts . Prestashop using fonts and font replaced with accents. From version 1.6 I was expecting more , unfortunately I am very disappointed .T

If you can only criticize and show us your e-shop

@jaro61 in my personal opinion your store is ugly and outdated

Design Aesthetic: 3 columns design style is not practical anymore, bloated with products everywhere

and wrong color pallet, overall looks like a 98's website.

sorry it's only my personal opinion.

Regards

@jaro61 in my personal opinion your store is ugly and outdated

Design Aesthetic: 3 columns design style is not practical anymore, bloated with products everywhere

and wrong color pallet, overall looks like a 98's website.

sorry it's only my personal opinion.

Regards

I accept your opinion. 3 column today wants a lot of traders. Today consider to be modern, in turn, do not like me. I've seen a lot of "modern" stores that I did not like. On these pages never spend more than three seconds.