One-page checkout - infamous: TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to send login informations

Remarks/versions:
Prestashop - 1.5.6.2
Single shop

Checkout works as expected in the 5 steps order process type.
When selected the One-page checkout the infamous error:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to send login informations

Details:
Error thrown: [object Object]
Text status: parsererror

Developer net tools showing in response only:
Reload the page to get source for: http://production.site/en/address?multi-shipping=0&id_address=2&back=http%3A%2F%2Fproduction.site%2Fen%2Forder%3Fstep%3D0%26multi-shipping%3D0
I've seen the error in few places scattered throughout the forums but no collated solution found.

Debug output is not showing any errors.

Edited by andser (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Advanced Parameters > Performance -> CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache) - no difference (all possible combinations)

Advanced Parameters > Performance -> Template cache - no difference (all possible combinations)

Themes > default - same error

Themes > Leo Digital - same error

Responsive (bootstrap) - same error

Suggestions?

This seems to be only affecting registered users without any address.

Steps to replicate:

1. Register user in frontend: login?back=my-account
  2. Ensure that user is not logged-in
  3. Try to make a purchase - go to checkout - quick-order
  4. Use ajax login

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to send login informations ... (blah, blah...)

5. Login as user created in step 1
  6. Add an address
  7. Logout, clear session cookie
  8. Try to make a purchase - go to checkout - quick-order
  9. Use ajax login

Works every time.

When user is registering during the checkout, subsequently must fill the address -> no error

Returning user that has the address -> no error

There seems to be an error in routine where user without an address needs to be redirected to "add address page" and this redirection is giving the error.

Where is the code making redirection located?

Pointers?

See if i can help. Only thing i can put is a modual is having issues.   I been having issues with prestochanges ups and usps moduals.  The usps was segfaulting my server but he refuses to fix it :(   And i would get random issues from these on the checkout page.   Do you have  lfd installed on your server?   Are you getting any errors there?

What front of cart moduals do you have installed that can run on that page?

Thanks,

I checked the lfd logs - only CN/China and RU/Russia there trying bruteforce ssh.

Anything else is a heart beat.

ups and usps - do you mean the shipping modules? I'm not using any of these.

The peculiar bit - when user does not have the address the ajax is trying to redirect to second step from 5 step checkout instead of staying on the page. I'm growing convinced that this is a bug of some sort.

Modules on the page: top navigation at the top, categories, manufacturers, tags, wish list, qr code on the right and the footer at the bottom. I also run with everything disabled (literally).

Really odd.

I made the site visible for public and sent you the front-end url via PM.

Hey,

Thanks for looking.

When placing an order and registering at the same time it works.

Problem occurs when a user registers to the site first outside of checkout. At this point, unless user purposely enters the address using account tools, user is not prompted for any further details. So, as the result, there is a user without address. Now user returns some time later (when session expired) and places an order. Understandably, being aware of the previous successful account registration, will enter username and the password in the checkout page. This is where error happens. PS seems to forcing the session to go to the add first address registration page whilst staying on the one page checkout.

I deleted your adders from test account. Try purchase again and see if this works.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I did not find the real solution yet. Using a work arround:

• Preferences -> Customers

• In "Registration process type" select: "Standard (account creation and address creation)"

Resulted behaviour:

• When new user creates an account will also have to enter an address.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by andser (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A mi también me pasa lo mismo en el one page checkout (quick order) al rellenar los datos de un nuevo cliente me aparece este error:  '' TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to send login informations ''

¿Alguna solución?

A mi también me pasa lo mismo en el one page checkout (quick order) al rellenar los datos de un nuevo cliente me aparece este error:  '' TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to send login informations ''

¿Alguna solución?

Yo lo solucioné actualizando a la versión 1.6

• 2 months later...

Bonjour,

J'ai également ce problème, survenu sans crier gare!
Je suis repassé en 5 étapes mais impossible de me connecter en tant que client...

J'ai une belle erreur ( que j'avais pas vu depuis mon passage en 1.6) : 

Il y a 1 erreur

1. Échec d'authentification

« Retour

une idée ?

• 1 month later...

I faced with this problem when the client asked to remove some of the fields like country and city because his business was local.

I deleted the INPUT and SELECT fields and faced with error that these variables are missing. I added them back but changed them to HIDDEN INPUT fields with some value and get this error.

I just added back LABLE tags but left them empty like:

<label for="id_country"></label>

before the HIDDEN INPUT fields and the problem was solved.

I hope this can help some of you

Edited by daryoushashtari (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Remarks/versions:

Prestashop - 1.5.6.2

Single shop

Checkout works as expected in the 5 steps order process type.

When selected the One-page checkout the infamous error:

Details:

Error thrown: [object Object]

Text status: parsererror

Developer net tools showing in response only:

Reload the page to get source for: http://production.site/en/address?multi-shipping=0&id_address=2&back=http%3A%2F%2Fproduction.site%2Fen%2Forder%3Fstep%3D0%26multi-shipping%3D0

I've seen the error in few places scattered throughout the forums but no collated solution found.

Debug output is not showing any errors.

Hallo we have the same issue. PS 1.6.0.9 .

Functionality worked well before but for some reason strated to show up now.

any help? for now we turn to 5steps check out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, I had the same problem "Unable to send login information ", "unable to set carrier" and others "unable to ..."

and the solution was very easy (afer 3 days of headache  ), I had duplicated URL in the "SEO+URL" in the backoffice, two pages with the same URL. Please verify it before change anything.

Cheers !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

check if you have the folder mails/en and the account.txt here, and is not in uppercase like EN

this cause the issue

So folders must be mails/en and not mails/EN ?

And in each lang folder must be account.txt ?

• 5 months later...

The same problem ocured for me and I think some cookies cause this, i've cleared my firefox cookies for my store domain and now everything is working fine. Not very reasuring for the future though... Maybe someone can come with a more definitive solution to this problem? Cheers.

• 1 month later...

The same problem ocured for me and I think some cookies cause this, i've cleared my firefox cookies for my store domain and now everything is working fine. Not very reasuring for the future though... Maybe someone can come with a more definitive solution to this problem? Cheers.

Maybe it's a cookie problem.

anonymouse mode or clean cookies solve the problem.

I'm also asking for some definitive solution.

• 4 months later...

yes

I migrated a Prestashop from another domain and server, having problem returning to the store after completing PayPal payment. Funds deducted but the order is not registered.

Set up a fresh Prestashop, and got the same problem like others before me. On a one page checkout got parse error, and paying with PayPal as a registered user got me session expired error.

mails/en and account.txt were present and correctly typed.

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

This append to me after a server migration. The problem was that a module (DPD) required the SOAP extension which was not installed on the new hosting. Installing this extension solved the problem. 

To find the problem: 

- open the console

- click on the login button which makes the error

- in the console / network / xhr, check the response from the ajax call. This should provide the reason of the bug.

• 1 month later...

Bonjour.

Ce problème  est également apparu sur l'un de mes projets et le fait de passer la boutique totalement en https (activer SSL ET l'activer sur toutes les pages) a résolu ce problème.

Du fait de l'utilisation du module "Delivery Date", il ne nous était pas possible de passer la boutique en "commande en 5 étapes". Et un développeur me faisait remarquer que, sur cette page "One-page checkout", certaines requêtes n'étaient justement pas en https

Voilà, si ça peut aider...

Cordialement.

Version de PrestaShop 1.6.1.6

Version de PHP 5.6.22

Version de MySQL 5.6.30-log

Moteur MySQL InnoDB

MySQL driver: DbPDO

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, I had the same problem "Unable to send login information ", "unable to set carrier" and others "unable to ..."

and the solution was very easy (afer 3 days of headache  ), I had duplicated URL in the "SEO+URL" in the backoffice, two pages with the same URL. Please verify it before change anything.

Thank you! I had the exact same problem. Thanks to your post I found that I've accidentaly had translated two pages to the same name - two order pages.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...