Shipping/Additional Shipping cost question

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me.

I'm trying to set a postage/shipping cost per item. After a bit of searching, I realized that if I set all ''carrier'' parameters to 0, then I could go to ''Additional Shipping Cost'' on the specific product page, enter a value (eg. £6), and then only that value would be used as a shipping cost.

My problem is, I want to do this, with different values for different regions.

For example, one type of product I sell is a t shirt. I want the shipping cost of a t shirt WITHIN the UK to be £6.00.

Within Europe/The E.U £10.25

and to the US/WORLDWIDE - 12.60.

Is there any way I can set the shipping cost per product (like I have done with ''Additional shipping cost''), but add additional values for the EU and the US?

I tried creating a new carrier, then adding a new ''additional shipping cost'' value and selecting the carrier, but you can only have ONE 'additional shipping cost' value.

I basically wonder if there is any way I can do this?

Please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Hi Paulito!

I could do that, but the problem would remain that under ''additional shipping cost'' only one value can be entered, when I would actually need 3 different values (shipping cost for: UK, EUROPE and US).

EDIT: I understand what you mean, so basically make use ''additional shipping cost'' to make up the difference and achieve different values per region?

Wouldn't that take a very long time? Especially considering I'm trying to set the cost per specific ITEM.

Isn't there an easier way?

I sometimes genuinely wonder why the 'eBay' model wasn't followed (eg. set a value for shipping in your own country, shipping to Europe and shipping worldwide). It's so much simpler.

Hello again

Shipping is always a nightmare, I think that sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and not make so much on some of your orders.

Have you googled for "shipping module prestashop"

Sorry I cannot be anymore help for you

Paul

Hi Paulito,

Well I've decided to do the following:

I wanted different shipping rates for UK, EUROPE and US/INTERNATIONAL.

I decided to make a NEW ZONE, called UNITED KINGDOM.

enabled this zone and then assigned the country ''United Kingdom'' to the ZONE UNIED KINGDOM.

I then created a new carrier which is ONLY for shipping to the zone UNITED KINGDOM with a shipping cost of £5.

When I add a product to my cart however, the shipping cost is NOT applied.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

• 4 years later...