[SOLVED] Separate the Login/Register link into two

generalexperts

At the top of the page there is "Login/Register" in one single link. I'd like to have those split in two. So the user can decide what to click on. I'll give a couple examples of a few sites I like that have the differentiation I am looking to apply...

- http://mypresta.eu/promotions.html (directs to different pages, very clear information, great design Vekia!)

- www.soundcloud.com (Don't like how it directs to a new window but I like the design and it's clear what you are clicking on).

- www.prestashop.com

I am not looking for the 100% design, just the correct links and generics on how this works. Thanks!

Edited by generalexperts (see edit history)

Hi

in file theme/your theme/headr.tpl

search

<div style="display:block; height: 56px; padding-top:5px;"><div style="display:inline-block; float:left;">

change

<div style="display:block; height: 78px; padding-top:5px;"><div style="display:inline-block; float:left;">

not sure  name of your  login module i think is  loginform   then on file =>modules/loginform/loginform.tpl  or theme/your theme/module/loginform/loginform.tpl  (default module name of Ps is blockuserinfo)

search

<a href="http://mypresta.eu/register/" class="register-user"><strong>Register</strong>Create account</a>

change

<p style="padding:7px;"><a href="http://mypresta.eu/register/" class="register-user"><strong>Register</strong>Create account</a></p>

@++

Loulou66

hello

On my website i use popup login module with some modifications of login form (login block on my website popups in modal window)

Register form on my website is a simple register form (without address)

to achieve it i had to modify a lot of things in core, but if you're interested in design, it's not so hard to achieve.

as i said: popup login block + modification of blockuserinfo module (separate buttons to login and register)

• Like 2

I purchased the popup login module, great module! So now my "Login/Register" button goes to the popup "Login" screen. For the user to register they have to click "Register" on the popup login screen. How do I edit the blockuserinfo so there is a separate Login and Register button?

Login button --> going to the popup login (as it is now), and Register button--> going to the Authentication Page.

<!-- Block user information module HEADER -->

<div id="header_user">

<ul id="header_nav">

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

<li id="shopping_cart">

<a href="{$link->getPageLink($order_process, true)}" title="{l s='View my shopping cart' mod='blockuserinfo'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Cart' mod='blockuserinfo'}

<span class="ajax_cart_quantity{if $cart_qties == 0} hidden{/if}">{$cart_qties}</span>

<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt{if $cart_qties != 1} hidden{/if}">{l s='Product' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>

<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt_s{if $cart_qties < 2} hidden{/if}">{l s='Products' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>

<span class="ajax_cart_total{if $cart_qties == 0} hidden{/if}">

{if $cart_qties > 0}

{if $priceDisplay == 1}

{assign var='blockuser_cart_flag' value='Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING'|constant}

{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, $blockuser_cart_flag)}

{else}

{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, $blockuser_cart_flag)}

{/if}

{/if}

</span>

<span class="ajax_cart_no_product{if $cart_qties > 0} hidden{/if}">{l s='(empty)' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>

</a>

</li>

{/if}

<li id="your_account"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a></li>

</ul>

<p id="header_user_info">

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'}

{if $logged}

<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>

<a href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")}" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="logout" rel="nofollow">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>

{else}

<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>

{/if}

</p>

</div>

<!-- /Block user information module HEADER -->

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Still looking for help on solving this... Can anyone please help? My site is savvymarinadotcom. At the top of my page there is "Login/Register" in one single link. I'd like to have those split in two. So the user can decide what to click on. I also purchased Vekia's popup login module. I need some help making the change. I have been trying to do this for quite some time! 

Thank you!

Also, side note: in Chrome the link "Login/Register" is above my navigation ribbon. In IE it is centered where I want it. Anyone know how to make that correction as well? Thanks!

Here it is, thank you!

<!-- Block user information module HEADER -->
<div id="header_user">
	<ul id="header_nav">
		{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
		<li id="shopping_cart">
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink($order_process, true)}" title="{l s='View my shopping cart' mod='blockuserinfo'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Cart' mod='blockuserinfo'}
			<span class="ajax_cart_quantity{if $cart_qties == 0} hidden{/if}">{$cart_qties}</span>
			<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt{if $cart_qties != 1} hidden{/if}">{l s='Product' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>
			<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt_s{if $cart_qties < 2} hidden{/if}">{l s='Products' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>
			<span class="ajax_cart_total{if $cart_qties == 0} hidden{/if}">
				{if $cart_qties > 0}
					{if $priceDisplay == 1}
						{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, $blockuser_cart_flag)}
					{else}
						{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, $blockuser_cart_flag)}
					{/if}
				{/if}
			</span>
			<span class="ajax_cart_no_product{if $cart_qties > 0} hidden{/if}">{l s='(empty)' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span>
			</a>
		</li>
		{/if}
		<li id="your_account"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a></li>
	</ul>
	<p id="header_user_info">
		{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'}
		{if $logged}
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")}" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="logout" rel="nofollow">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
		{else}
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
		{/if}
	</p>
</div>
<!-- /Block user information module HEADER -->

hello

sorry for late reply

i missed your replies here

change code:

{else}
{/if}

to:

{else}
<a href="{$link->getPageLink('authenticate', true)}" title="{l s='Create account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="register" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
{/if}

After that you will be able to stylize two buttons with css styles

i remember that you wanted something like:
yKFy9Rj.png

still actual?

• Like 2

Okay I got the links to work now. They are still off center and I don't know where to change the "Login/Register" to css. Nowhere can I find where to edit the login/register link and now I have two. Also, just a side note the code worked except for it was authentication. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still looking for help. When I view these two links they show up differently in Chrome vs IE. I want them to be placed on my horizontal menu bar and look the same across all browsers. Can anyone help me with the CSS that will allow this to work. I've tried everything and have ran out of ideas. Thank you!

Site is: http://tinyurl.com/b360

• 4 years later...

In PS 16123, this one is working for me:

<!-- Block user information module NAV  -->

<div class="header_user_info">
    <ul>
    {if $is_logged}
        <li class="welcome_text">    
        <a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
        </li>
        <li class="li_logout">
            <a class="logout" href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}">
                {l s='Sign out' mod='blockuserinfo'}
            </a>
        </li>
    {else}
        <li class="li_login last">
            <a class="login" href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}">
                {l s='Sign in' mod='blockuserinfo'}
            </a>
            <a class="login" href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)}" title="{l s='Create account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="register" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
        </li>
    {/if}
    </ul>
</div>
<!-- /Block usmodule NAV -->

File: nav.tpl

• 1 year later...