Featured Products How to put on the Home page Prestashop 1.6

• 1 month later...

Could it be cache related? I just tried and if I move the module position the first module appears as default.

What happens if you unhook 'new arrivals' in modules => positions and then when 'features products' appears as first re-hook 'new arrivals'?

Didn't work for me. Instead (after unhooking 'new products block' from both 'displayHomeTab' and 'displayHomeTabContent' and rehooking them back in place) now both tabs are checked on the homepage, showing both products from Popular tab and products from New Arrivals tab directly underneath. I can't click either of both tabs anymore, if you get what I mean; they are already clicked by default, and showing products from both at the same time. Now because I might choose to 'feature' several new products, it means that the same products will be repeated twice all over the homepage. This is something I don't like.

My store hasn't gone live yet, so the bestselling tab isn't visible for lack of repeated sales on a product. Therefore, I cannot really compare or check to know whether it would also be 'checked' when visible, making all three tabs checked by default and causing a product to be repeated as much as three times on the same page, without any distinguishing factor to identify whether this particular group of products are 'New Products' or whether this other particular group is for Featured (or Popular).

I tried unhooking the New Products Block from both 'displayHomeTab' and 'displayHomeTabContent' and trasplanting it to 'displayHome', and I got this error notice: "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook." I have been trying to transplant several other modules to new hooks but found it impossible. I don't undestand why Prestashop would place restrictions to a feature that is as handy as the transplant module feature.

I have decided to leave the 'New products block' unhooked from the 'displayHomeTab' and 'displayHomeTabContent' as I do not want the same products to be repeated on the homepage without any block titles that distinguishes them. Any help will be appreciated - whether on how to have the products on the homepage as they originally were, with the Popular tab contents showing by default when the page loads; or to have all groups of product showing at once, with block titles separating one group from another (Bestsellers {up}, Popular {below}, New Products {below, last}); or to just transplant the 'new products block' completely away from the tabs to a new position on the same homepage.

Looking forward to any helpful response, and thank you for your time.

• 1 month later...

Hi Kingstar,

I had the same problem, check this link and maybe it will work for you as well.

Hi Maghrabi,

Thanks a lot for the link. Since the last time I made that post, I have unhooked both "New products block" and "top-sellers block" from DisplayHomeTabs and DisplayHomeTabsContent, leaving only Popular. I just added them again, and, so far, everything looks good! Both newly re-added tabs are currently showing 'no bestsellers' and 'no new products' even though I have recently added new products and there are defined bestsellers, but I'm hoping this is just as a result of the tabs being "new" on that position once again. I'll wait until I add new products (which wouldn't be long from now) and until there are new bestsellers, and then I can be able to confirm if it's fully resolved.

I "followed" that thread on that link you sent me, just in case. And it might help to note that I very recently upgraded to the latest 1.6.0.7 version.

Thanks a lot for that link. I can't say it's resolved because on both tabs I have: 

• No best sellers at this time.

and 

• No new products at this time.

But as soon as I have data on the tabs, I'll report back with the results.

Thanks a lot once again.

Hi again,

The problem keeps existing even with the solution provided before. It seems to be a temporary solution to unable SEO friendly URL and enable back again. 

Both new products and populair products are clicked/active by default on the homepage and can't be clicked. changing to best sold makes them clickable again. 

I believe this is a caching problem, anybody having these same issue and found a solution is welcome to share. thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Vekia, 

Thanks for your last reply. I have another question regarding changing the product positions in the popular tab.

After draging the products and changing their positions in the product tab in the BO, I still get a higher priced item before the lower priced item on the popular tab 

http://rosieposy.fr/en/

I have tried clearing the cache as suggested in other posts but no luck. 

thanks for your advice. 

Kind regards

Len

Hi Vekia

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to sort the products a I wish. I have dragged the products in the catalog to the order I would like. Front page still does not show the correct sort order. 

The products in the home tab are 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lzsu76xu0krllz/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2015.35.26.png?dl=0

and the products displayed for the buyer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3u8hcu8crkw4fd/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2015.30.16.png?dl=0

In the preference products page I have 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gb0dzl98yqs07b/Screenshot%202014-09-29%2015.40.34.png?dl=0

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't know how to sort the order out.

Kind regards Len

• 3 months later...