How to group products into sets

skaos

Hi,

I am looking for a feature or a module, which can help me to group products into sets. That's mean, that, for example, furniture elements can be organized into groups (for better presentation in UI), but each product still can be bought separately. This is not accessories, and this is not cross-selling.

Example of prestashop site:

http://www.slavico.ru/gostinaya/modulnaya-mebel/gostinaja-monte-karlo

Products of the same set with there own prices are shown together. Customer can check which products from the set he want to buy. 

How to do that?

Thanks for the reply.

Pack feature is not really I am looking for.

For example, I am selling furniture: 

I have 4 products made in the same unique style:

1) chair

2) table

3) bed

4) sofa

When customer opens any of these 4 products, he needs to know, that his product is a part of one set, and if he wants, he can buy other elements  (from other categories) of this particular style, also. 

I didn't find such pretty simple grouping among Prestashop modules and features..

Pack of products is a little bit different feature.

Hi skaos,

If I understand you well, you would actually have some module similar to 'other products in this category' (The Prestashop module "Products Category"), where a selection of other products is shown below the product currently looked at. But I think category is too broad for you, as you won't split categories up that detailed.

Maybe a modified module that doesn't look at the category, but maybe a tag would be the best solution here?

Then you could give your chair, table, bed, sofa all the same tag (say "Victorian", or "KidZone_green"), but other products that don't belong to this group won't get this tag.

Then when one of the products is selected, it should show (some) of the other products with the same tag.

I haven't heard of such module, but I expect that when taking the module "Products Category" as example, it shouldn't be too difficult to change it to Tags.

Want to give that a try yourself?

pascal.

• 7 months later...

I think he is looking for like the "Grouped products" in Magento.

You can have simple products like:

- Table

- Chair

- Sofa

- Lamp

And the "grouped" product will be a product called "Living Room". In this product you would have 4 "add to cart" buttons because you can buy each simple product individually.

On a bundle or pack product you can only buy one product. It's not the same.

I think this feature can it be so useful for a lot of people. :-)

I hope we can have it on a near future.

Edited by Toni Mármol (see edit history)