Please Review My Shop And Leave Feedback

Dahl99

Hi,

please have a look at my site and let me know your views on it's look, ease of use and where I might be going wrong.

www.funkyfashionjewellery.co.uk

I have been working on the SEO and have moved the site up the pages in Google, page one for one keyword, but the sales are not coming in as I'd hoped.

I have a Facebook page with 230 likes, a Twitter account with 60+ followers and just setup a Google+ page. I have a 10% discount for new customers setup.

Thank you,

Dahl

Edited by Dahl99 (see edit history)

Good morning

Personally, I would look at buying a theme, I am sure it has taken many days for you to get this far but, have a look at a couple of sites that have "Funky Jewellery"  What do you think?

Here and Here I am not saying that they are better but they seem to me to be more pleasing to the eye

Prestashop is a brilliant ecommerce solution but it may well be better to use a professionally designed theme for your site

Their are so many more things you can do but, a good idea is to look at the opposition.

It takes a long time to build a reputation/following in ecommerce so, take your time and learn by looking at other sites in your niche to see how they are doing it.

Hope this helps a little

Paul

Hi Paul,

thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

I have been thinking of changing the look and making it a bit more edgy. I've been thinking of making up the homepage of blocks of images,putting a slider at the top of the page and the left-hand column on the second page.

Best wishes,

Dahl 

• 3 weeks later...

It is such a competitive market you are in. Three things would put me off purchasing from your website

1) Product descriptions are poor. You should think about livening them up, put some zest into them, explain why someone should buy that ring. For example, this product description

"Butterfly Ring.Elasticated Fitting" 

That hardly encourages anyone does it? Be more adventurous. "This fabulous butterfly ring as diamond fleck eyes. Made from sterling silver and  hallmarked. A unique elasticated fitting means it will fit you snugly. Great to wear on those informal social evenings out - a unique talking point with your friends who will be astonished you picked it up for only .."

In other words, sell the product. Look around to see how your competitors are wording things

2) Stock levels, many products are out of stock, or very low stock. It may be that they are unique and there is only one If that is true, shout it out, big it up

3) Testimonials. Without testimonials and feedback from - recent - customers it does not give confidence for others to make a purchase

Selling is not just having a website which looks fine, selling is persuading someone to buy YOUR ring so show some passion. Jewelry is not an essential purchase, you have to make someone WANT that bracelet

Wow. Thank you for the latest feedback El Patron, Kbytin and Haylau.

You would have had a lot more things to say about the site if you'd seen the original version which I thought was good at the time but on reflection was not.

The points you have made are very helpful.

also, use friendly url's (pretty urls) they are more user/seo friendly, make sure to rerun sitemap and submit after doing so. 

I did notice that the curency drop down currency symbols are to dark...

03.29.2014-07.48.png
http://screencast.com/t/O1GAVO2V

the site seemed a bit sluggish...but also I am not near your server...(in s.amercia)

I have enabled friendly urls as suggested by El Patron something I had enabled a while ago. El Patron noted last time that my url the read as funkyfashionjewellery/gb but we weren't sure why. It's not something I have setup. Any ideas why?

With regard to site being sluggish please see this post http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/314620-very-slow-site-6-20-seconds-to-load/?do=findComment&comment=1592383

I'll look at the currency drop down colour.

I've not been able to resolve the site loading speed even after talking to my host which is in the US.

You have a sidebar to promote most popular, discounts recent viewed products - and you don't use it. 

And also you need to do smth with fonts - they are too small as for me

+1 to buying new theme

I will have a look at this.

It is such a competitive market you are in. Three things would put me off purchasing from your website
1) Product descriptions are poor. You should think about livening them up, put some zest into them, explain why someone should buy that ring. For example, this product description - 
Butterfly Ring.Elasticated Fitting

That hardly encourages anyone does it? Be more adventurous. "This fabulous butterfly ring as diamond fleck eyes. Made from sterling silver and  hallmarked. A unique elasticated fitting means it will fit you snugly. Great to wear on those informal social evenings out - a unique talking point with your friends who will be astonished you picked it up for only .."

In other words, sell the product. Look around to see how your competitors are wording things
2) Stock levels, many products are out of stock, or very low stock. It may be that they are unique and there is only one If that is true, shout it out, big it up
3) Testimonials. Without testimonials and feedback from - recent - customers it does not give confidence for others to make a purchase

Selling is not just having a website which looks fine, selling is persuading someone to buy YOUR ring so show some passion. Jewelry is not an essential purchase, you have to make someone WANT that bracelet

Good points raised about descriptions which I'll look at.

The stock levels were probably wrong when you looked at the site because I upgraded to 1.6 which messed things up so I rolled back and all the stock levels reset to zero.

Yes testimonials would help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the overall look of the site OK though?

Thanks dahl

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

It's so much better if you spend a few pounds on a theme and Leo themes was a very good choice.

I was wondering though, about:

$ Australian Dollar on the top right, should it be $ AUD like the American $USD

The Twitter, Google and Facebook links look like they are missing a little bit at the bottom or has Leo done this intentionally

http://screencast.com/t/Vhs7v13Neyns

You still need to get some decent descriptions on your products, it will help you so much

Any, great site

Paul

Edited by Paulito (see edit history)

Hi Paul,

thanks for looking at my site again, you're a star.

I've corrected the Australian Dollar to AUD but I'm not sure why The Twitter, Google and Facebook links look like they are missing a little bit at the bottom. It's not anything Leo has done it's a module called "addsharethis". I've been looking at the css but I can't seem to correct it. When I click on the link in "Free modules list - only valuable and proven solutions" created by Vekia in Free Modules it says [#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.

Thanks,

Dahl