Create account without adding email in the first page

FluffyCat

Hi

I am making some minor changes to authentcation.tpl. We are using the standard 5 step checkout and I want to make a change in the first page where the user can choose to "Log in" or "Create account".

For the user that wants to create an account, he has to enter the email address. Prestashop then checks if this email exist. If it does not, the user is taken to the registration form page and the email field is prefilled.

The only thing I want to change is to remove the need of entering the email on the first page so the user can click Create Account directly and just add the email with the other info such as address etc in the second page (the registration form).

So, I need to allow moving from first step to second without posting the email address. There should only be a button to "Create Account", no field to enter the email.

I am looking at authentication.tpl but I am having some difficulties understanding how the email is checked.

• 1 month later...

Im currently looking for same solution - im currently looking at : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/113300-tutorial-add-custom-field-to-customer-registration-how-you-found-us-store-in-db-display-result-in-admin/

But all i want is, dont use first check email version  - go to register account directly and send to registration database and into backoffice to check/allow account to be able to login.

Have found no "easy" solution to this without going into .pl files and alter code. 

If anyone have any ideas - i would be grateful.