NEED HELP! Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)

hi, someone pls help me! .. i managed to open installation assistant page, click next and so on.. until the page where it ask for database name, username and login.

the setting i use :

localhost

database name : prestashop
username : *entered
login : *entered

*username and login i did enter which i created from control panel click --> my sql database --> create new database which i input the username and password which auto generate

i tried so many times with different ip or whatever..it still says invalid database name, username, login .. pls help!

error msg : Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)

Edited by lucacameron (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

hey i have the same problem : Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)

i have make the database

Database server address : localhost

Database name : piperaki_onlineshop

Database login : piperaki_shop

Database password : xxxxxxxxxx i have add 10 characters

Tables prefix : ps_

and i get error : Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO) i do not know what i must do.

Hi,

Solution 1: Try replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1 as hostname.

Solution 2: Set collation to utf8_general_ci for Prestashop database.

Solution 3: Check if database user have permission to prestashop db.

Thanks

dear sir

thank you very much for your answer

solution1: i had replace it and nothing

solution2: i had change it but nothing before it was at something utf_swedish i do not remember but now is utf8_general_ci i had do it from phpmyadmin i choose the database then i have go to operations tab and then collation to utf8_general_ci

solution3: how i can do it this? i had make a new user "piperaki_shop" and i have set ALL PRIVILEGES is something else to do?

best regards

• 2 years later...

Try from cpanel, delete the user association and create a new one for the same, granting all privileges from there

hi everyone...

i had the same problem...iam using a 000webhost to build my web (for test) but i got the same error..this is the ip for the host 31.170.160.89, the name of the store a7260683_tienda and the user a7260683_helthy.....the url is helthypass.comuf.com.  

what i need to do to complete the installation.'??