Error message when I upload some products to eBay.

Hi all,

Using PS 1.5.6.2 and eBay module 1.6.4

I am getting this message when I upload only some products to eBay. Message below:

Input data for tag is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.
Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL[1]

Any ideas so I can correct the issue please?

Regards,

Nick

Edited by Nick Lappage (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

SOLUTION: 

I know this is an old post, but many of us are still getting the following error message: 

Input data is invalid.

Input data for tag <Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL[12]> is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation.

I finally figured out what was causing this. Turbo lister is rejecting pictures that you are trying to upload because of size (too big) and or "borders."  

I had edited one of my pictures, combining 4 pics in one - in essence creating a collage. When I did that, it did 2 things that Turbo Lister and eBay doesn't like, created a pic with "borders" and it made the picture big. 5200x5200 was approx how big my picture was. Check to see if you have any big pics that you are trying to upload. See if you have anything that might count as a pic with a border. 

I initially edit my pictures and create collages when necessary with Picasa. To "neutralize" the border and make it acceptable and to resize my pictures to something close to 2200x2200, I use PicMonkey.com.

After I resized my pic and replaced the old oversized picture with the edited smaller one, I was able to upload my auction.

I am pretty sure it was the size of the picture that Turbo Lister didn't like, not the collage, but just to be safe and cover all the bases, I wanted to include everything that was different with the picture that TL was rejecting.  

Good Luck! I hope this helps some people from frustration down the road. 

Edited by Rockies*Girl (see edit history)