Price Display tax excluded/tax included

Good Afternoon,

I am adding stock to my wifes shop and no matter the setting I select backoffice\preferences\products\price display

Price display:

How prices are displayed
**Only totals show excluded tax
***Only totals show included tax
Price display:

The description is opposite to the dropdown tool bar selection options on price display. No matter what I select I can never display the final retail price in the item description. It will only display the pretax price. Is this a bug with my Prestashop or has this been setup due to European retail laws?

My shop version is Version 1.2.1.0 - 0.141s

Appreciate anyones time to offer any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Petersaudi

Hi,

Further information. If I select an exisiting VAT tax rate it displays in the item the full price inclusive of tax. I am trying to use a new GST 10% rate which I added in backoffice\payment\taxes. In the catalog\products\product\ the base price and final price are correct using the 10% added GST rate. It just want display in the item description.

Kind regards,

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having trouble with the taxes displaying. I'm using v1.2.4.

If i use a customer account and log in, then the tax shows, as I have stated my address/country.

But if i don't log in, then the tax incl. and tax excl. show as the same thing... which is misleading.

I also am using Australian tax of GST 10%, and i've set it to be applicable to one of my zones which is called 'Rest of the World', as well as all Australian states, yet it still does not show...

Most of the visitors to my site will be in Australia, but visitors who have not yet registered or logged in will not see the full price. I'd rather display the tax inclusive price than the tax exclusive one.

How can I set the GST to be included by default for anonymous visitors?

Perhaps this is just the way prestashop works? Or is there a way to make it display the tax by default when you visit the site?