PrestaShop 1.6 RC is Released!

Hello Community! 

The Release Candidate (RC) for PrestaShop 1.6 is out! You can download it from http://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions and take PrestaShop 1.6 RC for a test drive!

Keep tabs on the Progress Page to see descriptions of the new features and to see where we are in our release process. http://www.prestasho...en/progress-1-6 .

Remember that your feedback is invaluable! Please comment on this thread with any issues that you see, and contribute on Github to be directly part of the development! https://github.com/P...Shop/PrestaShop

I tried to upgrade a cloned shop.

Procedure: Upgrade with 1-click-module latest version. Shop running was PS 1.5.3.1. Upgraded first to PS 1.5.6.2 and than to 1.6.0.4 (RC). Upgrade to PS 1.5.6.2 had no issues (but problem stated in 1 - ). Cloned shop working well. using default theme, cleared cache on back-office and also in browser, incl. cookies.

After upgrading 1.5.6.2. to 1.6.0.4 RC I'm having the following problems:

1 - as I already added to the bugtracker for latest beta version, there is an incompatibility problem when you clone a database, clone FTP to a sub-folder or other host and change on SEO & URL's the URL or sub-folder to new version you want to upgrade. Changes were saved, but not into database. You should rework manually ps_configuration. Seems to be a cookie ore something else caching problem in database.

2 - Upgraded shop to 1.6.0.4 (RC) blank front-office and after login, also blank back-office.

Debug-modus activated:

Error back-office - Fatal error: Call to a member function isEnabledForShopContext() on a non-object in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxxxx/ps16/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1591

Error front-office -

[PrestaShopException]

Current theme unselected. Please check your theme configuration.
at line 97 in file config/config.inc.php
91. try 
92. {
93. 	$context->shop = Shop::initialize();
94. 	$context->theme = new Theme((int)$context->shop->id_theme);
95. 	if ((Tools::isEmpty($theme_name = $context->shop->getTheme()) || !Validate::isLoadedObject($context->theme)) && !defined('_PS_ADMIN_DIR_'))
96. 		throw new PrestaShopException(Tools::displayError('Current theme unselected. Please check your theme configuration.'));
97. }
98. catch (PrestaShopException $e)
99. {
100. 	$e->displayMessage();
101. }
require - [line 27 - index.php]

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxx/ps16/classes/exception/PrestaShopException.php on line 147

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxx/ps16/classes/log/FileLogger.php on line 39

The same error I already wrote in bug-tracker (closed) and was available on latest Beta. With Beta I was able to connect to back-office but it was not possible to select any theme. Each setting was ignored. For to avoid any problems I had in past with foreign theme I before upgrading deactivated the theme, cleaned cache and activated "default". Upgraded 1.5.6.2 shop was working well with the default.

Furthermore the Warnings concerning time-zone are not correct. Time zone on the server IS EUROPE BERLIN !!! so not possible to correct anything in here.

On 1-click-module I selected the method: Upgrade the "default" theme = YES. On FTP I can see that the theme default was not upgraded, and a second one was created. I have now. theme from theme maker (disabled on the upgrade to PS 1.5.6.2), default (enabled and working after upgrade to PS 1.5.6.2.), default-bootstrap (created after upgrade to 1.6.0.4)

Resumée: upgraded shop is broken on fornt-office and also back-office. :(

EDIT: I was checking on database if there is any table or field with theme to add it manually. I have there only theme from theme maker and new default-bootstrap. Default theme which was selected before is not available in the table ps_themes. Perhaps the cause of the problem ?

Furthermore I noticed that after upgrade to PS 1.6.0.4. I have some database tables broken:

1 - ps_employee - SQL error 1054: Unknown column "bo_show_screencast" in "where clause"

2 - ps_help_access - SQL error 1146. Table "databasename.ps_help_access" doesn't exist

3 - ps_loyalty - SQL error 1054. unknown column "id-discount" in "where clause"

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Same error here "

upgraded shop to 1.6.0.4 (RC) blank front-office and after login, also blank back-office.

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isEnabledForShopContext() on a non-object in /var/www/XXX/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1591

Same error here "

upgraded shop to 1.6.0.4 (RC) blank front-office and after login, also blank back-office.

To fix the template problem I simply added manually the theme "default" to the database at ps_theme table. Now front office is available with theme "default", but only to main site. As back-office still not accessible you cannot delete the cache and therefore you cannot surf on site. Redirection is always to main site. Unfortunately also on database there is no possibility to set/activate the theme you want to use as standard. If there is a column with "active" so you can choose your default for the front-office, but it isn't. I'm also missing a possibility to map on database themes routed to multishops, for ex. shop 1= theme x, shop 2=theme y. or is this available everywhere i didn't realized till now ?

Technical server data: mysql 5.0.51a-24+lenny5-log (database problem I had also with mysql 5.5 and PS 1.6.0.3) , php 5.3.8. on a fast-cgi server. Memory limit 512M, execution and input_time 900.

Same error here "

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function isEnabledForShopContext() on a non-object in /var/www/XXX/classes/controller/AdminController.php on line 1591

Hi Trip,

One of your module may have an issue but this commit should fix this https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/43ea247bc097865128f5dd1f60b1f20b0493ce39

This one may be usefull too on old themes https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/e1451b69b8df012a1310330cf793ac1658faa594

Best Regards

One of your module may have an issue but this commit should fix this https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/43ea247bc097865128f5dd1f60b1f20b0493ce39

Made the change of the line and solved. I can login into back-office now.

Thank you Gregory.

This one may be usefull too on old themes https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/e1451b69b8df012a1310330cf793ac1658faa594

Best Regards

second workaround for theme is not working, unable to select default-bootstrap as theme. Ive selcted default-bootsrap, saved, saved the second site for modules as it is and than:

error:

duplicate key '1' for key '1'
INSERT INTO `ps_product_comment_criterion` VALUES ('1', '1', '1')

and module back-office site is crashed.

And new now: on front-office there are the following errors:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxx/ps16/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.php on line 305

Warning: Division by zero in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxx/ps16/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.php on line 306

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxx/ps16/modules/blockcms/BlockCMSModel.php on line 279

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/at003rz4/www/home/xxxxx/ps16/modules/blockcms/BlockCMSModel.php on line 280

Cannot add products to orders with open status. Order placed by Bankwire, status of order: awaiting payment, no invoice.

There is no possibility to make changes on the products ordered. Not possible to add and also not possible to delete. I tis only possible to add a discount to the open order (same bug I had for PS 1.6.0.3)-

When configured Preferences/Customers/Registration process type/Standard (account creation and address), the postcode field is not shown on the form Create an account (controller=authentication?Back=my-account#account-creation).
After entering data and click to save, is sent message that the postcode field is required, then the field is shown on the form.

Clean install, tested in Portuguese/Brazil and English/USA 

I tested 1.6 RC this morning, and was not able to log in to the back office. Front office was still up and running, however.

I'm not so good on the programing side, so I had to restore the entire server backup to get the back office up and running in version 1.5.6.2.

Hi, friends

I am having some insecure calls in many pages from gamification API and google fonts (prestashop API) when running admin in SSL mode:

The page at '#' was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from 'http://gamification.prestashop.com/api/getAdviceImg/300.png': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

The page at 'https://api.prestashop.com/version/check_version.php?v=1.6.0.4&lang=br' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

The page at 'https://api.prestashop.com/version/check_version.php?v=1.6.0.4&lang=br' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:300': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

I have also made a request to update the official translation files for br language at Crowdin.

Hope to get access soon, so it can be used for the 1.6 official release. 

Thanks!

I tested 1.6 RC this morning, and was not able to log in to the back office. Front office was still up and running, however.

I'm not so good on the programing side, so I had to restore the entire server backup to get the back office up and running in version 1.5.6.2.

PLEASE NEVER MAKE UPGRADES ON LIVE SYSTEMS FOR non-oficial releases !! Clone your project before and test only on this clone. If roll-back for instance do not work you will have a broken live shop.

How to clone:

1 - Back-up database, back-up FTP

2 - Create new database and load your back-up to this new database

3 - Upload the back-up to your FTP in a sub-folder or other host if you have

4 - change in your /config/settings.inc.php the database name (and login data if other). Change there also the base_uri if your clone is in a sub-folder. Save the file to your clone !!

4 - login to your back-office of the clone and change there the URL under "preferences - SEO & URL's" for to your clone. Save new settings.

5 - before you use the 1-click-module please counter-check if the new settings applied, to avoid errors. Go to your Database and check there the ps_configuration. If clone is in a subfolder, so there must be the setting /your subfolder added there. If your clone is in a new host(domain), so the new domain must be there added. Check each line of the ps_configuration to avoid any possible error.

example:

your clone is in a new subfolder, PS_SHOP_DOMAIN, value=yourdomain/subfolder, PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL value=yourdomain/subfolder

your clone is in a new host/domain, PS_SHOP_DOMAIN, value=newdomain, PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL value=newdomain

6 - If your clone is in a new host/domain, please also check your .htaccess and change in each line the old domain to the new one, if it wasn't changed form back-office new settings.

7 - now you can use the 1-click-module for to upgrade your shop. If you are upgrading major releases I suggest you choose: " Disable non-native modules = YES" and also Upgrade the "default" theme = YES.

8 - if you encounter some errors on upgraded shop, please activate debug mode and report your errors in bug-tracker or for PS 1.6.0.4.RC here in this topic.

Activate debug mode.

rework your file /config/defines.inc.php and change the false to true.

/* Debug only */
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)

Official tutorial from Prestashop developers you will find here (incl. video). http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/set-up-a-test-server-for-your-online-store/

Good luck.

Same here!

Me Too...

same problem.

I have same issue

Installation stop with error when installation progress 78% (AddOn Module Installation: "productcomments")

Prestashop 1.6.0.4 (RC), installation on localhost XAMPP.

• Like 1

+1 Same problem..

My installation freezes at 78%: "cannot install module: productcomments" - which, frustratingly, is a module I don't even want.

Same here, brand new clean install.  If anyone figures out the problem, please post a solution.

Hi there,

I love what you guys have done on 1.6 release and all the FO and BO features are really spot on. Here are some issues/praises/suggestions that I have after fresh installation of PS 1.6.0.4

1. Overlapping text when me side menu is open but not in ICON mode.

jUQSNSO.jpg

2. No line under voucher box

yrpCwN9.jpg

3. The glowing field box is a very good idea .... great job

4. It would be nice to have the catalogue menu in the FO to scroll with the user. (Static)

5. Finally you guys decided to have a graphical button in MY ACCOUNTS page.

gYa6E7T.jpg

6. WHERE IS PAYPAL MODULE ?

That is all I can think of at the moment

Regards

Archproject

Hi guys

I see you added this CHMOD changing to the file /controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php:
$path_parts = pathinfo($file);
if (isset($path_parts['filename']) && @filemtime(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$path_parts['filename']))
Tools::chmodr(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$path_parts['filename'], 0777);
Despite this changing might be helpful for some servers (without suPHP / suExec), this may be an important security issue for most servers, once CHMOD 0777 is very unsafe.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. You are right I agree but there are many 777 in the software, the cache files, translations etc, look for instance Tools::ZipExtract which even tries to chmod the modules dir to 777 if it does not exists.

PrestaShop has recommended  for a long time to apply a recursive 777 on modules directory. Now the doc states, apply the correct rights to modules folder....

Not being able to delete a module installed in back office, like its xml.config or its language by FTP, (same thing for the .htaccess, sitemap etc) may be very annoying for basic merchants.

Hosters that does not leave 777 running on their servers for security usually warn their clients. For the moment we could not find a reason why applying such rights on modules would be a security leak. Many files are in 777 from the back office, why modules more than cache files or images ?

Best regards

• Like 1

Another good cart ruined. Responsiveness should be an OPTION. Especially on the backend. Buttons were failing, theme broken, etc. I did a roll back. Luckily I haven't put this cart into production. If it's going to keep going in the direction of forced layouts, it's better to jump ship now. The backend changes are too much. This isn't Wordpress! Now it looks unprofessional.

Edited by ThreeWest (see edit history)

I roll back version 1.6 did mess up all my testing website.

Slider wasn't working anymore. 

All images Icons where not properly placed.

A lot of buttons not translated to French from English

Basically I will stick to 1.5 at this point

I roll back version 1.6 did mess up all my testing website.

Slider wasn't working anymore. 

All images Icons where not properly placed.

A lot of buttons not translated to French from English

Basically I will stick to 1.5 at this point

At this point i will stick also with 1.5. only click update hangs at the point of 72 , and i aint the only one with that problem. 

With 1-click upgrade from version 1.6.0.4 I had the following error:

SQL 1.6.0.5 1068 in ALTER TABLE `ps_order_detail_tax` ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id_order_detail`): Multiple primary key defined

Warning detected during upgrade.

I found a way to install 1.6 on a quick and dirty way

First backup all your files by FTP

And backup your database(s)

Then opt the selection of backing up database and pictures off and save

Then again reload one-click upgrade en run it.

Worked fine for me! 

I was wondering if apart of the nice colors and responcive back office ( I personaly like this improvement ) has New release also sorted previous problems like :

confirmation email to customer with My Order history link which transfers to www.mydomain.com/index.phphistory.php..so its not working then;-)

Or the main issue with virtual goods like e-books and photos , when customer prior to downloading the file still has to register ?shipping adress? and then send the attachmen via email? 

Im happy for u guys that u do such a hard work and provide good service with upgrades and updates, so just want to ask politely if anybody in your team is focused on those 2 problems above which bother me most.Im big fan of Prestashop and Im willing to wait till this is sorted.:-)

Thanks very much.

Alex

• Like 1

Interesting PS 1.6,  BUT,  Why if I Buy a Responsive theme,  which works Perfectly in PS 1.5.6  when I Upgrade to PS 1.6,  nothing seems to work,  Most of the modules fail or doesn't work,  the hooks doesn't work, not recognize my template as responsive, it is literally impossible to put your template looks like It was before the upgrade

Also,  I didn't see new functionalities expected as you can continue an order that has not yet been sent to payments, without having to generate a new one.

I hope PS 1.6.x fix this issues in the near time  :)

Please tell me what to do if the installation, you must select the time zone, and in the drop-down list is nothing. Skip this installation step is probably necessary to specify a time zone of the store.

WSV2Czpo4cM.jpg

Hi,

Sorry I can not reproduce this. Can you please try again today ? Is the server connected to internet ? What is your browser ?

Regards

Please tell me what to do if the installation, you must select the time zone, and in the drop-down list is nothing. Skip this installation step is probably necessary to specify a time zone of the store.

WSV2Czpo4cM.jpg

That also happens when I select country 'Brazil'.

We do have some Timezones and the field disappears.

In fact I had already seen this issue...

The problem lies in /install/themes/js/configure.js:

function checkTimeZone(elt)
{
var iso = $(elt).val();

// Get timezone by iso
$.ajax({
url: 'index.php',
data: 'timezoneByIso=true&iso='+iso,
dataType: 'json',
cache: true,
success: function(json) {
if (json.success) {
$('#infosTimezone').val(json.message).trigger("liszt:updated");
if (in_array(iso, ['us','ca','ru','me','au','id']))
{
if ($('#infosTimezone:visible').length == 0 && $('#infosTimezone_chosen').length == 0)
{
$('#infosTimezone:hidden').show();
$('#timezone_div').show();
$('#infosTimezone').chosen();
}
$('#timezone_div').show();
}
else
$('#timezone_div').hide();
}
}
});
}

If the country is not in_array(iso, ['us','ca','ru','me','au','id'])

It hides the TimeZone field.

Hello,

Can you either send me an access to your shop by e-mail or open firebug (or any other developer console) and check the ajax request retrieving the timezones?

Regards,

I am ready to provide you with access to e-mail, that's just where you write me? You profile hidden email.

[email protected] :)

@Daniel - PrestaBR The issue is not that the timezones are hidden (it is hidden for countries that use only one timezone), the issue is that the timezone select should be filled with them !

Exactly ;).

That's not very important to me, 'cause I use to change installer to suit my purposes (in this case I added 'br' to the array), but I guess you're assuming that all other countries use only one timezone and that could be complicated for some users.

Here in Brazil we have 3 timezones (or more with the same clocktime). 

Depending on the season we could have a 3-hour difference between timezones.

And that can be messy for stores that deliver to the whole country.

Thanks

• 1 month later...