When should we get a great template ?

Hi,

PrestaShop seems to be very nice software. But the poorness of high quality themes/templates is a very bad point.
I'm following the project since march 2009 and the only templates that could be considered like "premium" are those made by DG.Craft for me.

I even don't speak about the copy/paste themes made by some "professionnals" with just a logo replacement...

When would we get a DEFAULT quality template ?
When would we get some PREMIUM templates (like joomlart [dot] com !?).

I'm ready to pay about 300 EUR for a good template, but there's nothing...

Also the wiki is so poor...

Designer Guide (Coming soon) – How to create a new graphical theme

I want to prepare a *.psd template but I even don't know which elements I could add to it...
Do you have some clear examples of all functions I should organize into a page to fit my needs ?
Do you have a "all basic features" demo page ?

I'm sorry but this isn't enough for me : http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Themes/

Do you have something for professionals and not script kiddies just replacing the logo documentation ?

It's so bad...

By the way I just don't understand why the official PrestaShop team don't update their functionnal but so poor default theme. If they have not time for that they should hire guys like DG.Craft : he done 3 amazing and freaky templates.

It's easy to say bad thing, I know. But the fact is PrestaShop IS ugly! Still the same default template... Is it so difficult to offer some templates like Magento do? There are people even ready to pay for it! Why they don't do it?

It's so bad...

By the way I just don't understand why the official PrestaShop team don't update their functionnal but so poor default theme. If they have not time for that they should hire guys like DG.Craft : he done 3 amazing and freaky templates.

It's easy to say bad thing, I know. But the fact is PrestaShop IS ugly! Still the same default template... Is it so difficult to offer some templates like Magento do? There are people even ready to pay for it! Why they don't do it?

Well I understand what you mean, but if you have been looking at Prestashop since March 09 (6 months), why haven't you just built your own template/theme?

The only things you need to touch is the global.css and maybe header.tpl (if you wish to redesign the header), plus it gives you a unique looking site. ( although, I did make an Apple Store style theme 2 months back ;) )

If you want send me a .PSD of what you want and I'll take a look.

Because I'm following the project about the features and not the code.

The CSS and header thing is exactly what I want to avoid : 90% of PrestaShop stores are built like this... It's ugly. The Apple like appearance is just an atmosphear, in fact the PS isn't as pixel detailed as Apple is. If PS would be just a little more sexy on the design aspects it would be a MUST HAVE e-commerce solution.

Sorry again but they just should hire this guy : http://dgcraft [dot] free [dot] fr
If one freelance webdesigner can do such a great templates the PS Team should too.

it's done with the .css & images that are inside the current theme in use folder, I guarantee 99.9% of the Prestashop themes are done like this, and so are all other e-commerce systems including Apple's site.

You should install this add-on http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/ to your browser and take a look at every site you like the look of then modify accordingly.

Best,

Ej.