unable to remove module

Hi

I'm having problems removing a cookie warning module from my presta instance. I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it at the backend but it still pops up on loading the site.

I've also had problems in the past where a module doesn't appear in the list at the backend making it impossible to configure unless i go into the database.

All kinds of weirdness. Has anyone seen anything similar? Can you give me any pointers on how to rid myself of the cookie module short of deleting the folders in the module home?

Thanks

James

I don't know what could cause the module not showing up in the list. However, the other issue could be that you need to clear your cache, both for your prestashop and browser. Sometimes the server it's on could have some cacheing as well (which usually clears itself after a certain amount of time, depending on the host).

maybe your host use some server-side caching to increase performance

it's worth to check it, it's not first time when i read about that, and problems were usually connected to server side caching

server-side caching - totally not related to PS

Hi

I'm having problems removing a cookie warning module from my presta instance. I've tried disabling it and uninstalling it at the backend but it still pops up on loading the site.

I've also had problems in the past where a module doesn't appear in the list at the backend making it impossible to configure unless i go into the database.

All kinds of weirdness. Has anyone seen anything similar? Can you give me any pointers on how to rid myself of the cookie module short of deleting the folders in the module home?

Thanks

James

I agree with the overall tone here. It is almost for sure a server-side issue. That said, if you are comfortable going into FTP, you can delete it manually. That said, if your host has not given you the FTP credentials, simply ask them to remove it (after they back up your store)