[SOLVED] How to programmatically set product stock in PS 1.5 Multistore?

tuvika

NOTE: PS 1.5.6.2

I'm going to try to sum up my spanish post version, because I'm not getting hints at all.

I'm writing a PS module to sync my PS store with an external product catalog using a webservice. It was originaly designed to work in the vanilla single store installation, but the project finally needs to turn in a multistore shop.

In the single store version the module just works fine using this class::function to manage stocks:

StockAvailable::setQuantity(Tools::getValue((int)$producto->id), '', Tools::getValue(10000));

But when I try to use the same script on a multistore PS, I get a PHP Fatal Error message, but no further description about what produced the fail (lines of module php code or whatever and I'm using a try - catch sentence with an error handler set that worked fine during the rest of development).

Looking in the PS source code for some kind of solution, I saw that the previous setQuantity function was accepting a fourth parameter which is used to identify the store that will receive the stock quantity update:

StockAvailable::setQuantity(Tools::getValue((int)$producto->id), '', Tools::getValue(10000), (int)Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_DEFAULT'));

But this solution neither works :(

I'm not sure if we're running out of possibilities to make it work properly in the PS way and I should use some SQL queries to insert/update the stock quantities, anyway I'm not sure what tables I should update in a multistore flavour PS to get it working.

Sorry for the "brick" :)

Regards!

Edited by tuvika (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I found a solution for this case, as We're working with a multistore PS >=1.5 I wasn't using the shop context in a proper way, and the code linea for modifying stock quantities wasn't correct.

Furthermore I needed a new selectbox on my module config to add the possibilite to add products and stocks quantities to a specific shop chosen by the user.

Before We can add products and stock quantities, We need to set up the correct shop context:

Shop::setContext(Shop::CONTEXT_SHOP, $this->tiendaps);

And the fix on the stock setquantity line, is like follows:

StockAvailable::setQuantity((int)$producto->id, null, 10000, (int)$this->tiendaps);

Regards!  :D

• 1 year later...