Do you use sub-domains for Javascript files and CSS files? How to set up it proparly?

Hi everyone,

I try to optimize my shop bijutaniki.com  to load faster. Today i up speed little bit but still loading slowly,,,

I read this article 10 Best Tips to speed up your PrestaShop store tip 5 is interesting, if i use subdomains my site will be load faster and how much faster will be?

How to set up properly sub-domains in prestashop 1.5.6.1?

In Advanced Parameters -> Performance:

Media servers (use only with CCC)

When i create sub domains i need to put new information in this fields alright? But in presta 1.5.6.1 have only 3 filed in this tutorial from presta`s blog talking about 4 sub-domains?

5. Create sub-domains for Javascript files and CSS files

1. Create a sub-domain js1.mystore.com and ask your hosting provider to direct it to/js/
  2. Create a sub-domain js2.mystore.com and ask your hosting provider to direct it to/theme/mytheme/js/
  3. Create a sub-domain css1.mystore.com and ask your hosting provider to direct it to /css/
  4. Create a sub-domain css2.mystore.com and ask your hosting provider to direct it to /theme/mytheme/css/

These 4 sub-domains will allow your visitors to load more files at the same time. Basically, a web-browser is limited to 8 parallel downloads. Each sub-domain is adding 8 new parallel downloads, so the total would be 40 (Main domain + 4 sub-domains)

My result in tools.pingdom.com tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/bSnQ5V/bijutaniki.com

bijutaniki.com

Tested from Amsterdam, Netherlands on March 3 at 22:11:41

Page size 1.3MB Load time 5.21s Requests 47 Perf. grade 90/100
Your website is slower than 71% of all tested websites

I improve little bit my load time to 5.21s. Now i will talking with my hosting about memcached and i will turn on cache. But i want to use and sub-domains if will loading faster.

If have topic in forum that have tutorial for presta 1.5 give me a link - i don`t find info and star topic.

Thanks in advance.

Detelin

• 7 months later...

those 4 subdomains are for parallel downloads, then you should change every js and css request to be done by multiple domains...

so not /js/ or /js/file.js anymore BUT http://js1.mystore.com (which has to be directed to /home/...../js/ by Apache) OR http://js1.mystore.com/file.js

and so on for the other subdomains...

Edited by mmsh (see edit history)