1.5.6.1 & 1.5.6.2 wrong permission on folders (700)

Hi there,

I have a problem with 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.2 archives of prestashop. 

I downloaded the archives from prestashop website, uploaded them to my hosting server, extracted and all the folders have permission 700 instead of 755.

I do not have this problems with 1.5.6.0 archives or lower.

Have i done something wrong?

Am I the only one with this problem?

I did try on 2 different hosting servers, same problem.

After extraction:

post-184537-0-58297400-1393838031_thumb.png

Inside prestashop folder:

post-184537-0-53768000-1393838053_thumb.png

Can you guide me please on how to do that?

I have CPanel and i only have the option "Recursive", so it gives 755 to files also, not just folders and sub folders and with WinSCP is the same, he gives permissions to files also and i think the files permissions should be something like 644?

Hi Patron :)

No, i couldn't run, with permission 700 on folders the install is not working, not evens showing something, just an error that i could not acces that page or something like that..

I gave 755 on all folders and subfolders from cpanel, and i installed presta like that, even tho all the files in those folders have that permissions also, not 644, ofcourse, with the 777 perm on requested folders by presta. It's working but i do not know how safe it is, i do not know much about permissions :)

Anyway, the topic was started not as a real problem and more of a question, i wanted to know if the archives downloaded from prestashop are to blame or did i do something stupid and got that 700 perm on all my folders :)

In the public_html folder of my hosting server, (the root i guess) i uploaded the archive via ftp with WinSCP, then i logged in cpanel, selected the archive and clicked Extract. The folder "prestashop" that was extracted got the 700 perm along with all the folders in it without me doing anything else..

This is the result:

http://144.76.85.194/~testmedial/prestashop

Edited by monova (see edit history)

I will do that, but keep in mind that the same thing happens on a different server from a different company, with direct admin installed not cpanel, and only on versions 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.2, on 1.5.6.0 and lower it gives the right permissions :)

I will do that, but keep in mind that the same thing happens on a different server from a different company, with direct admin installed not cpanel, and only on versions 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.2, on 1.5.6.0 and lower it gives the right permissions :)

I know, I can't get my head wrapped around what you are doing ......I may just be wanting a bromance...jajajajajajajaja...sometimes it's just nice to have someone else wander in with different idea so one does not get bored with bright ideas..:)

Hi monova,

Don't worry, you're not crazy, I see exactly the same thing. I always install shopping carts via SSH. Who seriously has the time to wait for thousands of individual files to upload via FTP?

So when I unzip the file on the server all of the folders have permission 700 instead of 755. All of the files are correctly set at 644 though.

If you know how to use SSH you can fix this easily.

- Login via SSH

- Navigate to your Prestashop folder

- Enter (without quotes) "find -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;"

This will start in the folder you're in and recursively go through and change the permissions on every folder underneath it to 755. You can add -print before -exec if you want it to list the folders it's changing in your terminal window.

If yo ualso had the problem with files being the wrong permissions you could use

"find foldername -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;"

Hope that helps.

Maclean

Hi Maclean,

The package I selected from my hosting company does not provide SSH, but i will contact them to see if they will be kind enough to do what you have told me.

Thanks. It's good to know that i'm not the only one with this problem :)