Email Error I'm fed up!

if you are a visitor on a prestashop storefront will get an error when trying to use the CONTACT form.

———————————————————————————————-
There is 1 error :

an error occurred while sending message
———————————————————————————————-
I tired changing the email to smpt... that won't give me an error.. but still no e-mail.. seems like to many people have been trying to get a response to this problem... and no one has answered yet... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am French and the link above doesn't help. I have the same problem. I suspect it is related to cookies (my guess). I can send emails from the contact form with Safari, but not with Firefox!

I will post here if I find a solution.

Maybe stupid ... but if it works with safari and not with other browsers ....
there must be an issue of poor coding or server side problems....

Maybe server settings.... i did have a problem a while back and it had something to do with apache/php.ini ...

It had something to do with spamm some people find it usefull to send email ( spamm ) from a server...

some servers are working around the clock sending email without you knowing so thats why providers close things down...

You could check this... try sending yourself an email with the smtp from your own browser from a different server....
( thats why most people need to use a different smtp rather then there own domain )

i know i fixed that bug many years ago ;-)
I dont have these kind of issues but it sounds fun ;-)

================
sorry for my english... i,m dutch ;-)