Account creation password field NOT required/mandatory

lock-e73

Hi,

I'm using PS1.5.6.2 with standard theme installed.

I'd like to make the password field NOT mandatory/required when creating an account in front office and comment it out, therefore forcing a manual password input and completion of the account creation process in the backoffice.  I need to assign each user to a group to limit the categories they can see BEFORE they log in and this is the only way I can think of to do that.

I've purchased the 'Private Shop' module for Prestashop (using PS 1.5.6.2) which allows you to 'force' a user to login to your shop ... perfect so far. Unfortunately, as per normal account creation process, once the account and password is set up you can log in to the site straight away.

This is why I need the password field to be marked as NOT required/mandatory and commented out in the account creation section. Is this possible or even the best way to go about this ... ?

I've managed to edit authentication.tpl in themes/default to comment out the mandatory password field, but it also needs to be marked as 'false' somewhere else ... and I have no idea where!  I'm getting the error: 

There is 1 error

password is required.

Please help!

Thanks, lock-e73    :)

which private shop module?  there are about three out there that are 'popular'.  Did you buy my registered only or someone elses?  If my registred only then check our authorized only module and I can credit the difference.

I think you can accomplish what you want this way:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/149628-module-hide-prices-private-shop-authorized-client-shopping-only/

Hi PhpMadman,

Thanks for your quick response. That certainly looks like it! I'm a bit of a noob with php so please excuse my next question. If I comment out the line (165 in classes/Customer.php) the account gets created in backoffice which is perfect, however when I add a password to it and save then attempt to log in to the website (front) I get the below error:

There is 1 error

1. Authentication failed

I'm obviously totally missing something here!  So close to what I need!!  Any further help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,  lock-e73    :)

Hi el Patron,

Thanks for your response. I've purchased 'Module Private Shop' ( http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/6257-private-shop.html ) which I'm guessing is not yours unfortunately.

Cheers,  lock-e73

I think this is a good module but not a true private shop....as you now know. :)

i.e. there is a difference between 'registered only' and 'authorized only' in that authorized only is a true private shop.

I will follow your thread but it's a slippery slope unless you can hack code to remove the password properly.  Best of luck!

Hi El Patron,

Wish I'd found your module first!  Looks like a perfect fit for what I need.  I'll see if I can get authorisation to use yours instead and perhaps 'return' the one I've purchased!

How much 'hacking' do you think would be involved in making what I have already work?

Thanks, lock-e73

Hi El Patron,

Wish I'd found your module first!  Looks like a perfect fit for what I need.  I'll see if I can get authorisation to use yours instead and perhaps 'return' the one I've purchased!

How much 'hacking' do you think would be involved in making what I have already work?

Thanks, lock-e73

I don't know the amount of hacking it would take.  Personally I avoid that sort of thing because what may seem to work after can break other things.  Then you have the problem of upgrading and losing changes.  That is why it's such a slippery slope when  we try to make core changes.