Payment Error

A customer contacted me this morning because when she placed an order in my shop, she got a "Payment Error" message. I didn't receive any email about an error from the interface, received the "New Order" email as usual, and verified that the payment did in fact go through, via Paypal.

However, when I signed into my back office and checked on her order, it did show as "payment error" status, and when I signed in and tried placing an order myself, got the same error message as she did. So it seems that it is not affecting the actual order placement or delivery of money, but obviously I don't want all my customers receiving this message when they place an order! I've had 119 orders so far over the past year and a half, and this is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Please help!
Thanks,
-lindsey

• 2 weeks later...

I am also currently experiencing this but mine has wrong values in the e-mail message. The test buyer paid in USD and it went through Paypal Sandbox but when I returned to the Shop site, it reflected Payment Error in the transaction. The content in the e-mail message sent to the Admin is in the other currency which is PHP. It should have been in USD.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar error BUT only when the customer orders from a non-VAT applicable country. I'm also using NoChex APC.
The shop appears to pass the correct non-VAT amount to NoChex, the client pays the amount but the shop receives back the order succesfully paid, but with a WARNING! Payment error - £xxx was paid instead of £xxx. The first value is always lower than the second.

The two quoted error figures are £ PRICE ACTUALLY PAID WITHOUT VAT and £ THE PRICE INCLUDING VAT that PS seems to think it should have received.

This happens every time a non-EU (ex-VAT) order is placed.

Question is, is this the payment APC error or actually Prestashop playing silly buggers??

Answers on a postcard...

In my case orders through Paypal module were not processed in the backend. Glad customers informed me soon enough to fix it without getting in trouble with paypal caused by angry customers who did not get their products.
My problem was do to addition og new currencies I activated to accept Customer currency in Paypal module which was a fatal mistake. I testet a couple of hours in sandbox mode, to see that, for any reasonns this is not workink for me.
I changed the preferenes in Paypal account to accept foreign currencies but this was not working. Maybe the problem is that I deactivated decimals in some currencies but the paypal module sends the amount with decimals. Whatever, I disabled now the customer currency and now it seems to work. At least do far with the shop default currency.
Greetz, Trip

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I get the same error when there is a paypal payment. The problem seems to be in the number rounding.

Example:

Retail price with tax: 0.862500£

Final retail price: 0.86£

I can't find a way to get rid of the 3rd decimal onwards.

Any solutions? :-)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...