Only receiving hits from other countries.

LBPC

Hi

I've been online for over 7 months, my site is in french (default) and english.

I receive less than 10 hits a day, and almost none of them are from France...

Any ideas?  Has it to do with /fr or /gb tacked on the end of every page address?  Would disabling all my english translations help?

Thanks in advance for any help.

ww  laboulangeriep ourchiens com

PrestaShop™ 1.5.5.0

Hosting: 1&1

if you are using 1.5 then a great improvement would be to define a second shop with your (or any url).fr (for France)

my personal opinion is one should try to have a ccTLD for every country they do business, note for EEUU .com is the defacto standard.

doing this will significantly increase your by country seo, i.e. France for example.

also note one can use a subdomain name, i.e. fr.yourdomain.com....this is also a good indicator and allows one to use 'one' ssl certificate if certificate conforms so you do not need ssl for each gTLD (.com) and ccTLD (.fr)..

competing in the .com field for a particular country, well only google then makes the money.

more reading:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1347922?hl=en

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

https://www.distilled.net/blog/uncategorized/google-cctlds-and-associated-languages-codes-reference-sheet/

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice.  Originally, I thought the address would be .com for France, and only the english version would show the /gb on the end.

Okay then, lots of work to do!  No more annoying /fr at the end of every page at least.  I think the easiest thing will be to deactivate the english version until I can change the site address to .fr

So I'll need to reinstall my store on a different web address (.fr), yes?  Buy a new domain name?

Thanks again for your guidance.  Really appreciated.

Thanks for your advice.  Originally, I thought the address would be .com for France, and only the english version would show the /gb on the end.

Okay then, lots of work to do!  No more annoying /fr at the end of every page at least.  I think the easiest thing will be to deactivate the english version until I can change the site address to .fr

So I'll need to reinstall my store on a different web address (.fr), yes?  Buy a new domain name?

Thanks again for your guidance.  Really appreciated.

it is very easy because you have already done all the work, i.e. your content, generating multishops is very simple.

read more about ps multishop here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

make sure as you progress to start new topic for questions

note: for .com's the IP address  can affect  SEO, i.e. if French IP that would be better but not nearly as good as ccTLD....

• Like 1

Again thanks so much for your time, and directing me towards further reading.  You really are a superstar!

Just in case you're not using other domains for languages, be sure to put the hreflang's on the <head> of the header.tpl

Thanks for your advice.  So at the moment I'm not using any other domains for languages, so this sounds like a good idea to do right away for SEO purposes, right?  Could you give me an idea of what that would entail?  What exactly I add to the header.tpl (and where!)  There's heaps of info about 'hreflang', but I'm not sure exactly what to do....  complete noob sorry.

Is it something like this?:

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr-FR" href="www.mysite.com/> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr-GB" href="mysite.com/gb" />

Just to confirm, the site is french, the english translation is really only there for any english speakers in france. (I figured it couldn't hurt!)