Warning: addons.prestashop.com (themes)

airsea

Dear sirs, we have confirmation from esupport.template-help staff, that theme name (responsive wheels & tyres) is not compatible with 1.5.6.1, importing it into Prestashop version 1.5.6.1 database will brake database structure. We paid 72.03 euros for this theme to addons.prestashop.com, since then we had serious issues with our database. Please advice what we should do, because since the 12th of february addons.prestashop.com is not answering to our support request.

We wish for this to be solved, or it will be ethical from Prestashop company to reimburse us the amount.

Kind regards,

Airsea Corp

Management

• Like 1

Hi,

How a template can damage the database???

That's a serious issue, a lot of users can encounter the same issues.

On top of that, this template has been certified by PS...

Though your/this bug has been marked as Minor Priority!

Oooppps I did not pay attention, it seems it has been created today, february 25 and it has already been closed!

Did you have a solution to repair your DB?

Did you receive some support?

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by THX (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Most themes from templatemonster.com have sample data, as sql file, that is imported to existing database so that customer

store can look like from their demo. Note that installing sample data is just for test and at meant for live stores.

As big red warring here says http://www.templatemonster.com/help/quick-start-guide/prestashop-themes/master/index_en.html#theme_installation

And in same guide there is tip that is best to backup complete store before installing theme.

What you can do is to check if you have backup on server, maybe your hosting company do automated daily backups,

so you could restore state before installing theme.

Most themes from templatemonster.com have sample data, as sql file, that is imported to existing database so that customer

store can look like from their demo. Note that installing sample data is just for test and at meant for live stores.

As big red warring here says http://www.templatemonster.com/help/quick-start-guide/prestashop-themes/master/index_en.html#theme_installation

And in same guide there is tip that is best to backup complete store before installing theme.

What you can do is to check if you have backup on server, maybe your hosting company do automated daily backups,

so you could restore state before installing theme.

Hi razaro,

We want to point out that we did not buy anything from templatemonster company, we bought this theme from addons.prestashop.com, and it is not compatible with my version 1.5.6.1 as confirmed by the staff

of esupport.template, it will brake database structure.

So, addons.prestashop sold us a product that is not compatible. it will be ethical of the prestashop team to help us solve this, as they have our money, and this theme does not work properly.

Up till now no support given by them!!

Kind regards,

Airsea Corp

Management

My understanding is that that theme is developed by templatemonster and that esupport.template-help is theirs support system.

And both on addons.prestashop and on their website it says it is compatible with 1.5.x so 1.5.6.1, so not sure why they said that for their own theme. 

Did you install theme on 1.5.6.1 with sample data ? And what problems with database you have after installing ?

Also don't worry about money, in most cases when there is reasonable issue with item from addons refund is given.

AND NOW THIS VEKIA (FORUM ADMINISTRATOR) IS CALLING MY WARNING POST A THREAT !!

ALSO THIS VEKIA LOCKED MY TOPIC IN THE GENERAL FORUM FOR NOBODY TO SEE.

why you attacked me personally? i locked your posts due to the flood. Im not even a part of template monster team, and also not a part of prestashop team.

in addition

RAgcEdn.png

as you can see, "Developed by" section says that theme is developed by Template Monster.

when you click on "contact the developer" you will see the form to contact with Template Monster team, not prestashop

they are authors of this theme, and they are responsible for this template.

Please advice what we should do, because since the 12th of february addons.prestashop.com is not answering to our support request.

If he is doing this wrong, then perhaps instruct on the proper way. 

If he is doing this properly, then I believe he is saying that he did try to contact support, and it has been 2 weeks without a reply.

Hi to all of you 

I must say that I have also bad expirience with ADDONS support. On monday I buy one page order module on ADDONS and at end of process i get FATAL ERROR. On my PayPal account there was payment confirmation, but in ADDONS account, under history there isn't module I bought. I notify support, expecialy Deborah several times and till today didn't get any response. Yesterday I notify PAYPAL about lack of respons from seller and they said that masseage will be sent to ADDONS support, but till now no answear.

in addition on PAYPAL account there is stated contact e-mail is [email protected], but when I send e-mail on that address, I get return from GOOGLE Gmail: This address doesen't exixt in our tables!!??

I must sid that I didn't expect this kind of silence from support and when people from my country ask me where to buy reliable modules I will always point them directly to developers sites, not ADDONS.

Now I have lost 50 EURO and stil waiting for response..

Best regards

Martin

p.s. this is not meant that developers of other modules I bought didn't help me with problems, they always did help me resolved all problems during installs, I'm angry only on support team of ADDONS  :angry:

Edited by malcek (see edit history)

If he is doing this wrong, then perhaps instruct on the proper way. 

If he is doing this properly, then I believe he is saying that he did try to contact support, and it has been 2 weeks without a reply.

You're right, sorry.

@airsea: Sorry for the delay, I missed the replies on this thread. Can you give me your order number so I can check it out? Every request made on the contact form of the Addons store is processed and we don't have any pending inquiry. Maybe did you try and reach us through the PrestaShop.com contact form? (not optimal, as it is not meant to be linked with the Addons store).

Hi to all of you 

I must say that I have also bad expirience with ADDONS support. On monday I buy one page order module on ADDONS and at end of process i get FATAL ERROR. On my PayPal account there was payment confirmation, but in ADDONS account, under history there isn't module I bought. I notify support, expecialy Deborah several times and till today didn't get any response. Yesterday I notify PAYPAL about lack of respons from seller and they said that masseage will be sent to ADDONS support, but till now no answear.

in addition on PAYPAL account there is stated contact e-mail is [email protected], but when I send e-mail on that address, I get return from GOOGLE Gmail: This address doesen't exixt in our tables!!??

I must sid that I didn't expect this kind of silence from support and when people from my country ask me where to buy reliable modules I will always point them directly to developers sites, not ADDONS.

Now I have lost 50 EURO and stil waiting for response..

Best regards

Martin

p.s. this is not meant that developers of other modules I bought didn't help me with problems, they always did help me resolved all problems during installs, I'm angry only on support team of ADDONS  :angry:

@Malcek: let me sort this out for you, it's probably very easy to fix. Can you give me your order number? You should be able to find it in your Paypal payment confirmation, if not in your Addons account?

Hi Martin,

Your order never made it to our system. Thanks to the transaction ID, we identified your payment and we're going to be able to ask Paypal to give you a refund!

I'm very sorry about this inconvenience, there was no way for us to know you had placed an order, because of this bug :(

If you place another order, it will be very interesting to track it in order to make sure the bug doesn't replicate. Let me know!