misthero

[FREE MODULE] Sliders Everywhere - Responsive Gallery, Image Sliders or Banners - NOW 3D!

Make a Better Module  

900 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as new feature in the future?

• Automatically enable CMS page slider without manually editing theme file (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Video Slides
    • More customizations for colours and controls positions
    • Image map Slides with different clickable areas (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.6.1)
    • Entering custom html in description
    • Option to restart the slider after user click on controls (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Different Sliders on Category pages based on categories (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)

Hey people!

thanks to all of you for your appreciation
I'm very glad you found it useful

nice, thank you so much
can i add it to the free modules list? (it's a pinned topic)
it's worth to add this module there

Sure vekia i would like it, thank you! Edited by misthero

Seriously good module, thanks for sharing.

Just one question, if I want to display a slider on a specific category page I know I can use the following on the category.tpl:

{if $smarty.get.id_category == 64}
{hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="sample"}
{/if}

But what's the best way to do it if I want to show different sliders on several categories?  Just repeat the above?

Thanks again
Edited by pel024

You are welcome

Just one question, if I want to display a slider on a specific category page I know I can use the following on the category.tpl:

{if $smarty.get.id_category == 64}
{hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="sample"}
{/if}

But what's the best way to do it if I want to show different sliders on several categories?  Just repeat the above?

Thanks again

yes, you are correct, right now that is the only solution (unless writing some custom override).

maybe I could add a functionality where each slider could be bound to a product category.. you gave me a good idea I have to investigate.

Edited by misthero

Hi,
thank you very much for the module
how can i make the slide more short?

You can configure the height and width of the slider, if you change it you should reupload the images so they are saved with the new proportions, what is most importat is proportions because the slider is responsive and will try to adatpt the width to the available horizontal space and will keep the height of the images inside.

Spanish: puedes cambiare el ancho y el alto de las imagenes, si cambias las dimensiones vas a necesitar subir de nuevo las imagenes para que sean guardadas con las nuevas medidas, lo mas importante son las proporciones porque la galeria va a intentar adaptarse en largo al espacio disponible y el alto serà la medida de las imagenes proporcionadas (sin deformarse)

Hope this help you if not you can give me a link to your site so i can check what is wrong :)

i988.jpg

Edited by misthero

Thanks so much.
This module really make me the life more easy

I just have a more question, Is Posible put two Top Modules? One module in the left side and other in the right side, but both in the same line.
Its just a question, thanks!! 

Thanks so much.
This module really make me the life more easy

I just have a more question, Is Posible put two Top Modules? One module in the left side and other in the right side, but both in the same line.
Its just a question, thanks!! 

yes you can, this moudle is born  exactly for that, I had a project that needed 7 sliders on the same page!

you need to use the custom hook code anyway to have more than one slider on the same place

it looks like this: {hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="your_slider_name_here"}

for example you can edit your theme header.tpl and look for "{$HOOK_TOP}" and write the code "{hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="your_slider_name_here"}" somewhere near it.

Edited by misthero

Hi Misthero

How do I add external link to open in new window or new tab

Thanks again

Edited by shegar

It is possible to set a description as tex permanently (no only on mouse over) in Sliders Everywhere  just edit style.css:

.slide_description {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
  bottom: 0;
  color: #FFFFFF;
  display: block;
  height: auto;  /* *********** changed this to make description always visible***********/
  overflow: hidden;
  padding: 10px 2%;  /* *********** changed this to make description always visible***********/
  position: absolute;
  transition: all 0.3s ease 0s;
  width: 96%;
}

Thanks misthero

Edited by nicewikdesign

Can you show us some example or demo?

Can we add youtube or another video?

thanks

I have no demo at the moment, anyway it is similar to the official homeslider from Prestashop team, just with more option and features and is not limited to the homepage. You can place it "Anywhere"!

right now it only support images, in the future, if people need it, video slider functionality is a possibility.

I cant get this to work I added the following code:

<div class="rte{if $content_only} content_only{/if}">
{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CMS="1"}
{$cms->content} </div>{elseif isset($category)} <div class="block-cms">

is this correct?

I cant get this to work I added the following code:

<div class="rte{if $content_only} content_only{/if}">
{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CMS="1"}
{$cms->content} </div>{elseif isset($category)} <div class="block-cms">

is this correct?

that is correct, but you did the other step? Did you assigned a slider to your cms page?

Edited by misthero

Hi Misthero,

This module is exactly what I have been looking for!

Could you please do me a favour? I've downloaded and installed the module for use on my site: www.stilllivelucky.com

But I want a slider to ONLY appear on the sub-category ''Still Reigning'' (http://www.stilllivelucky.com/en/18-still-reigning).

Could you please, in a step-by-step way tell me how to achieve this?

I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Hi Misthero,

This module is exactly what I have been looking for!

Could you please do me a favour? I've downloaded and installed the module for use on my site: www.stilllivelucky.com

But I want a slider to ONLY appear on the sub-category ''Still Reigning'' (http://www.stilllivelucky.com/en/18-still-reigning).

Could you please, in a step-by-step way tell me how to achieve this?

I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!

you can do it just like pel024 did on page 1, you just need to change the id of the category to match your own:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders/#entry1573324

Hi Misthero!

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind (as I'm not very good with coding) directing me as to where in category.tpl I should add that code?

Thanks very very much!