misthero

[FREE MODULE] Sliders Everywhere - Responsive Gallery, Image Sliders or Banners - NOW 3D!

Make a Better Module  

1,073 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as new feature in the future?

• Automatically enable CMS page slider without manually editing theme file (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Video Slides
    • More customizations for colours and controls positions
    • Image map Slides with different clickable areas (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.6.1)
    • Entering custom html in description
    • Option to restart the slider after user click on controls (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Different Sliders on Category pages based on categories (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)

Your are the best !!!

Thanks a lot

RP

Hi,

one last thing,

I would like to use your module on the top of my home page only.

But when I configure it (home page), my website put it at the bottom of my home page ...

Can you help me ?

Best regards

RP

• Like 1

Hi misthero thanks for your great module. Now I text well it, if I'll use it for the store I'll offer you a beer willingly if not more!

I need you to help me, I have a problem:

for each category I must to have a different slider at least 20-30 different products and thus far does not seem to have any problems, except that I can not get rid of the module example that appears in every page, I have done something wrong? I can not understand why it seems so, I'm going crazy :(

I send you a pm with credentials to log as superadmin, thank you so much. :D

it is because both sliders are hooked to TOP and the category , TOP is present in every page, including categoryes, that is why you get 2 sliders

• Like 1

Hi,

one last thing,

I would like to use your module on the top of my home page only.

But when I configure it (home page), my website put it at the bottom of my home page ...

Can you help me ?

Best regards

RP

this have been already answered anyway when you hook to "home" or any other Prestashop hook and there is already something hooked there (like featured products) the first module hooked is the first to appear, than the others, you can swap the positions of the modules in the same hook going to "Modules->positions" in your BO

it is because both sliders are hooked to TOP and the category , TOP is present in every page, including categoryes, that is why you get 2 sliders

That's right! :o But now the slider in the category "women" appears on the right of the page, how can I do to move it centrally under the top menu? Forgive my ignorance :wacko:

that depends on theme,

on default theme you are using "top" is positioned under the menu,

the category slider instead take the place of where you usually have the category image (in the default theme is on the right of the page), that's why it appear there.

you have to modify your theme files to change the category slider position, the module cannot do it on it's own.

that depends on theme,

on default theme you are using "top" is positioned under the menu,

the category slider instead take the place of where you usually have the category image (in the default theme is on the right of the page), that's why it appear there.

you have to modify your theme files to change the category slider position, the module cannot do it on it's own.

uhhh :blink:How could I do to add under this menu?

post-496234-0-53739000-1411231359_thumb.png

It's too difficult? It 'important for me to do that, but I do not know really how to do...

Can you help me please?

to do that you have to open header.tpl

1. inside header.tpl find this code:

{if $page_name !='index' && $page_name !='pagenotfound'}
    {include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}
{/if}

2. right after that add: {hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="1"}

so it looks like this:

{/if}
{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="1"}

3. than from module configuration disable the category functionality, you don't need it anymore because you just inserted the code manually

anyway, I see you are using default-boostrap theme so remember this:

this is valid for everyone: if you are using the default theme and modify it to customize your shop (like we all do), remember that when prestashop is updated you will LOSE all your customization!!

the correct way: is never modify default-bootstrap directly but make a copy of it, rename the new folder and set as your SHOP THEME. So you can modify all you want and never loose your work.

• Like 1

@loopingrichard and @Idon

I think your problem is similar, you both have some cross domain security firing in, can you help me solve that?

You both should try this and tell me if it works:

open the file /modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

locate line 205 you should see this:

var ajaxUrl = "'.$this->module->getBaseUrl().'/modules/'.$this->module->name.'/ajax_'.$this->module->name.'.php?secure_key='.$this->secure_key.'";

replace with:

var ajaxUrl = "'.$this->context->shop->physical_uri.$this->context->shop->virtual_uri.'/modules/'.$this->module->name.'/ajax_'.$this->module->name.'.php?secure_key='.$this->secure_key.'";

and save.

Hi again,

I replaced as you suggested, and it is not the right solution. I now get:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://modules/homesliderpro/ajax_homesliderpro.php?secure_key=

Seems it is missing the domain part of the request.

If I use:

var ajaxUrl = "https://www.saffrane.com/modules/'.$this->module->name.'/ajax_'.$this->module->name.'.php?secure_key='.$this->secure_key.'";

as you suggested, then it works.

I can leave it in for now, but I hope you will find a universal solution... :)

R.

that is just odd, are you sure you copied the line correctly?

thas is what other offical prestashop modules uses for determining the url of ajax requests so it should work, you did modification manually to your .htaccess?

can you try this too please?

var ajaxUrl = "'.dirname(dirname($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])).'/modules/'.$this->module->name.'/ajax_'.$this->module->name.'.php?secure_key='.$this->secure_key.'";

Hello misthero,

thank you for the gread Slider!

One question:

i want the Slider just on the Homepage (Top) and not on the following sites. Where can i do that?

Thank you...

Hello misthero,

thank you for the gread Slider!

One question:

i want the Slider just on the Homepage (Top) and not on the following sites. Where can i do that?

Thank you...

answer is here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-30?do=findComment&comment=1754382

Edited by misthero (see edit history)

to do that you have to open header.tpl

1. inside header.tpl find this code:

{/if}

2. right after that add: {hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="1"}

so it looks like this:

{/if}
{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="1"}

3. than from module configuration disable the category functionality, you don't need it anymore because you just inserted the code manually

anyway, I see you are using default-boostrap theme so remember this:

this is valid for everyone: if you are using the default theme and modify it to customize your shop (like we all do), remember that when prestashop is updated you will LOSE all your customization!!

the correct way: is never modify default-bootstrap directly but make a copy of it, rename the new folder and set as your SHOP THEME. So you can modify all you want and never loose your work.

1. Your tips are really precious for me, thank you.
  2. How should I do to have a slider in the same area but only on the home page? I tried to use the "Live Edit" from the position of the modules but I did damage, now restored and returned the form to look like before. For if I should enter the code: {hook h = "displaySlidersPro" slider = "sample"} somewhere?
  3. Last but not least, you speak Italian? Can I ask to you to help me in case of real need to help not more than 2-3 "small problems" like this? How much should I pay you (I need to do a job for a friend, but on a low-budget, so they turned to me ...)
  4. Thanks misthero for your help!

if you need support in Italian please go on first page and click on "Supporto in Italiano"

how much to pay depends on how much work you need :P

1. How should I do to have a slider in the same area but only on the home page? I tried to use the "Live Edit" from the position of the modules but I did damage, now restored and returned the form to look like before. For if I should enter the code: {hook h = "displaySlidersPro" slider = "sample"} somewhere?

Can you help me also for this problem? Thank you very much.

if you need support in Italian please go on first page and click on "Supporto in Italiano"

how much to pay depends on how much work you need :P

For experience, the support forums in Italians are always semi-abandoned, language is not a problem the important is to understand each other. If I can send a request for help like this and we solve with a few beers is just fine!

Honestly, I think I only have another last problem and I do not think that I will no longer need to ask help. Basically my friend wants to choose the colors of the products also from the category list, can you help me to add a color picker in the category page (product-list.tpl) with feature of change image by click on the color? The theme I still have to buy it, but if you can help me I will pay you for the work done.

Can you help me also for this problem? Thank you very much.

as you can see I already answered that a couple of posts ago, I repeat that the answer is here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-30?do=findComment&comment=1754382

For experience, the support forums in Italians are always semi-abandoned, language is not a problem the important is to understand each other. If I can send a request for help like this and we solve with a few beers is just fine!

Honestly, I think I only have another last problem and I do not think that I will no longer need to ask help. Basically my friend wants to choose the colors of the products also from the category list, can you help me to add a color picker in the category page (product-list.tpl) with feature of change image by click on the color? The theme I still have to buy it, but if you can help me I will pay you for the work done.

this is not so easy as you think it could require many hours of work, if you still want to do it, contact me privately

I follow the Italian forum for this module as much as I do for the english and spanish one :)

• Like 1

as you can see I already answered that a couple of posts ago, I repeat that the answer is here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-30?do=findComment&comment=1754382

this is not so easy as you think it could require many hours of work, if you still want to do it, contact me privately

I follow the Italian forum for this module as much as I do for the english and spanish one :)

Ok I'll do it now I must go away. Thanks for all.

Hi,

I have a little problem with your module. My slides have a border and when I fill the title and the description, the texte delete a part of the border because there is not a margin (post-730040-0-85986400-1411380188_thumb.jpg). I tried to find the file to modify the code but I didn't find it ...

Can you help me ?

Best regards

RP

you should make the title background transparent and remove the padding from you global.css, /themes/theme518/css/global.css line 160

.center_column h2, .center_column h3, .center_column h4 {
  border: medium none;
  color: #000;
  font-family: "Times New Roman",Times,serif;
  font-size: 12px;
  font-weight: bold;
  margin: 0 0 -3px;
  padding: 17px 0 0;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

anyway a better looking way would be use images without border and shadows and if you want add that with css since the shadow and border are part of the image and take some pixels all around it gets covered, the slider doesn't know what is in the image...

• Like 1

hello, I tried to install this, but it disable and make my horizontal menu unclickable and is there any way to make the slider only visible at the homepage below my horizontal menu?

it looks like these: 

post-810940-0-98154800-1411485296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mochi09 (see edit history)

hello, I tried to install this, but it disable and make my horizontal menu unclickable and is there any way to make the slider only visible at the homepage below my horizontal menu?

it looks like these: 

attachicon.gifScreenshot_092314_111422_AM.jpg

eh, nvm I already figured it out , just hook to top column :P

Hello,

I have again some issues I cant seem to figure out.

It is not about the ajax-saving, that part seems to work ok now.

There is something that might be related maybe:

- When I have created a slider, and added content to it, then want to change ONLY the text of one of the items, I get error-message:

Invalid filename
Invalid filename
The image is missing.

at top of page.

There is already an image present on the page, I dont want to upload new.

What could be wrong?

Another issue:

- I have 2 sliders on the page. One large at bottom, one small in left-sidebar. The large on botom is good. The left-sidebar slider behaves erratic... It plys the slides first time ok, but then start to "slide around" almost randomly.

Please have a look:

http://saffrane.com

Am I doing something wrong here? I shouldnt have all these funny issues, right? :(

Richard

is it possible that you have the image missing for another language?

what is happening on the sidebar I see it for the first time, the html is all messed up. did you modified the tpl maybe?

also check if the file you uploaded have strange characters, to be sure don't use parentesis, accents, special characters etc.. the safest filename is the one with only lowercase letters and underscores

ex: my_filename.jpg

Hello,there is probably an answer to this already,but you know some people are just lazy soo much,that's me

So the problem is that I have done everything perfectly,uploaded everything i wanted and I can say that this slider is probably the best of all I have used,and it's FREE! 

but the problem is that even though I have 2 slides,and I enabled buttons and animations on the slider,I can see none of them,only the image itself in the right position with the title and description,but there are no buttons for controls ,nor any animations to change a slide,so it always stays on the same slide.

P.S great work misthero!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.!

Edited by Decusv (see edit history)

if you see only 1 image than probably the slider is not built (javascript doesn't started) you have to check if some other script or module cause errors, I could help if you give me a link to your site.

Hello! I have v:1.6.36 and default theme. If I choose "Top column" in work perfect, but I want to apair slider only on home page. If I choose "Top" hook, main horizontal menu,  search and shipping cart is unclickable. Can You fix it?

Hello! I have v:1.6.36 and default theme. If I choose "Top column" in work perfect, but I want to apair slider only on home page. If I choose "Top" hook, main horizontal menu,  search and shipping cart is unclickable. Can You fix it?

the top menu uncklicable is caused by a leftover rule in blocktopmenu module, you have to remove float:left; from the file

themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css line 2

.sf-contener {
    clear: both;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
}

or you can change slider position to center instead "default"

to display only in home you can use exceptions in ps 1.6 from BO modules->positions locate slidersEverywhere in "displayTop" and click edit, exlude every page but "index" (index is the home)

I have updated the FAQ on first page for those questions.. you lazy people!!! ;)

• Like 1

the top menu uncklicable is caused by a leftover rule in blocktopmenu module, you have to remove float:left; from the file

themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css line 2

.sf-contener {
    clear: both;
    float: left;
    width: 100%;
}

or you can change slider position to center instead "default"

to display only in home you can use exceptions in ps 1.6 from BO modules->positions locate slidersEverywhere in "displayTop" and click edit, exlude every page but "index" (index is the home)

I have updated the FAQ on first page for those questions.. you lazy people!!! ;)

Thank you very much! This has helpful.

One of "almost" the best sliders i have ever encountered. The only thing that is missing, before it becomes perfect, is that the user can choose multiple categories for specific slider.

Misthero,regarding the slider not moving, I have sent the link to the site privately,if you know of a solution please help!

Thanks in advance.

Misthero,regarding the slider not moving, I have sent the link to the site privately,if you know of a solution please help!

Thanks in advance.

Ok thank you for the link, your website is missing all the necessary javascript, is not only the slider not working, but anything that needs javascript is at the moment "non functional"

postimage_2014_09_25_at_19_08_53.png

for example:

in the home page if you click the "popular" tab it does nothing..

if you go to a category page and try to sort your products using "sort by" it does nothing...

If you to the single product page and click "view larger" under the photo it does nothing...

and so on.. I don't know the reason, can be a module conflicting, or a theme problem or.. many other things.

nice than your problem was with the "https" since that is the only thing that changed with the latest version :)

I do not know what I have done. The module is not working any more. It is the same. I'm not able to save any of changes.

@ldon some error in console?

I do not understand what is going on. One day it works and on the other day not. 

Now it is OK.

I do not understand what is going on. One day it works and on the other day not. 

Now it is OK.

try resetting the module

Thanks for the module... by far the best slider I've seen.  I've been testing them for the past few weeks.

Just a couple of questions, if I may...

When i upload images with white backgrounds, they keep coming out with slightly off-white backgrounds.  I am making sure that my backgrounds are #fff but when i copy an image from the slider, the background is #fcfefc.  Is this something in your CSS?

Also, when I use the horizontal scroll, the images tend to break/jitter. Any idea what causes this or how to fix?

Oh, a 3rd question if I may...  the horizontal scroll seems to ease in and/or out.   Can you tell me which file I need to edit to change this?  Also, could you consider adding the ease-in/ease-out parameters in a future update?

Again, thanks for making a really good slider.  (It's so good that maybe it's time, like other developers do, and create a "Pro" version and charge for it... I'd easily pay $50... maybe more!... Cheers!)

Edited by PrestaToys (see edit history)

Hi misthero your module doesn't work as when i go to save a setting such as change size etc it won't save, in fact it does nothing at all, I am able to use everything but not save or readjust the size

What is the fix for this please? 

i am using ps 1.5.5.0

thank you

Thanks for the module... by far the best slider I've seen.  I've been testing them for the past few weeks.

Just a couple of questions, if I may...

When i upload images with white backgrounds, they keep coming out with slightly off-white backgrounds.  I am making sure that my backgrounds are #fff but when i copy an image from the slider, the background is #fcfefc.  Is this something in your CSS?

Also, when I use the horizontal scroll, the images tend to break/jitter. Any idea what causes this or how to fix?

Oh, a 3rd question if I may...  the horizontal scroll seems to ease in and/or out.   Can you tell me which file I need to edit to change this?  Also, could you consider adding the ease-in/ease-out parameters in a future update?

Again, thanks for making a really good slider.  (It's so good that maybe it's time, like other developers do, and create a "Pro" version and charge for it... I'd easily pay $50... maybe more!... Cheers!)

Thanks for your appreciation, for now I'm not going to create a paid version, this module will stay free, but you can offer me 10 beers if you like it :P

about your questions:

images changing colors: there is no css in the module that try to change images colors, it is possible that when images are resized jpeg artifacts can occurr limiting gamma of colors, make sure your images have no transparencies, no color profile, and you can try to raise the compression quality on the configuration page, 100 is the maximum possible. By default the module is set to 90.

animation stutter: the animation is made with css3, that means it mostly depends on your browser and GPU, with big images it is very possible that it will stutter on some browsers or systems. In that case is maybe is better to use a fade animation. Also other things affecting are a lot of animation on same page, many browser tabs open etc.

Changing the easing function: that is possible, you should edit modules/homesliderpro/views/templates/hook/homesliderpro.tpl, (for safety and to stay update proof make a copy in your theme and edit that instead)

than add to the slider options:

easing: 'ease-in-out',

the options are about at line 71 of that file.

you can choose between:

'linear', 'ease', 'ease-in', 'ease-out', 'ease-in-out', 'cubic-bezier(x,x,x,x)'

Hi misthero your module doesn't work as when i go to save a setting such as change size etc it won't save, in fact it does nothing at all, I am able to use everything but not save or readjust the size

What is the fix for this please? 

i am using ps 1.5.5.0

thank you

check the configuration for your SEO & URL, the shop url and the backoffice url must both work with the same domain and subdomain, if your shop is only accessible with an url like www.myshop.com, and you access your backoffice with myshop.com (without www) the save cannot work, this is a browser security restriction during ajax requests. Also can happen if you are in maintenance mode and not added your current ip. Also check the last 3 or 4 pages of this topic, other users faced that problem lately. I will probably find a better fix on the next update.

cheers

• Like 1

Hey misthero,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm gonna talk to my boss about getting you a few beers b/c they don't pay me enough to afford my own beers!

I was putting gif's in the slider, which is why I think the colours were changing slightly.  Now I am putting in jpeg's and it works great!

I will look for the easing (thanks for that)... and am going to try and see why the jittering is occuring, and on which browsers.

Thanks again for all your help!

hello,
This module is great!
There is the "Category" parameter where we can learn the ID where his slide show but I need to display a different slideshow on each product page ...
So it would take me over a column where rensiegner ID associated with this product ... slideshow

I hope I made ​​myself understood ...

if it is possible to include in an update would be perfect !!!

if I tried to put the shortcode in the product description but it does not work ... it would be the easiest but I do not know how to integrate the shortcode in the description of my product ...

Thank you in advance for your help

Julien
Edited by Centaure (see edit history)

Thanks for the module. I try to edit slider options but i can't save them. button save doesn't trigger any action and once you go out of course is not saved. can it be that is because of version 1.6.0.9?

hello,

This module is great!

There is the "Category" parameter where we can learn the ID where his slide show but I need to display a different slideshow on each product page ...

So it would take me over a column where rensiegner ID associated with this product ... slideshow

I hope I made ​​myself understood ...

if it is possible to include in an update would be perfect !!!

if I tried to put the shortcode in the product description but it does not work ... it would be the easiest but I do not know how to integrate the shortcode in the description of my product ...

Thank you in advance for your help

Julien

shortcodes are only enable for cms pages at the moment, there is no automatic options to attach a different slider for every product. you can do that with the custom hook snippet provided for each slider, look at this answer: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-40?do=findComment&comment=1805587

Thanks for the module. I try to edit slider options but i can't save them. button save doesn't trigger any action and once you go out of course is not saved. can it be that is because of version 1.6.0.9?

it is not due to prestashop version but to seo & url configuration, look at this answer: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-42?do=findComment&comment=1816862

Hello. I'll start by saying that module is realy great and very advanced, especially for donationware module:)

I'm customizing module to use it as a cms pop up gallery. I think I have what I wanted but it would be great to use first image from gallery as an article image on cms articles list  pages (cms.tpl).

I want to ask for help to get specific gallery data from cms.tpl file. I can reach gallery name from $cmspages var so i get [sE:name]. Is it posible to reach SE data from there?

Best regards

Barto

nope sorry, slider variables are not available from there, those are not global variables and only exposed inside the template file homesliderpro.tpl.

Thanks for reply.

So this would require modifying CMS controller to add additional hook (hook_SE_LoadAllGalleries) and adding this new hook to Your module? Can You just point me a direction if I think right?

modifying the cms controller would not help since it doesn't know about sliders, there is no image in cms description until it is processed by the module, and this happen only very late, when you open the page on your browser, all you can get is the shorcode [sE:slidername] and that is just plain text.

I think it will be complicated to get what you want just modifiyng this module, maybe it would be easier to take a different path, like inserting an image in cms pages and show it only in the article list.

edit: if you are ok with this approach and need help please open a new topic and send me a link to it via PM so I can find it.

New update available on first page v1.6.38

Version 1.6.38

• Added shortcodes to Product description, is now possible to insert a slider directly there
  • Slider configuration sometime not saving on some server due to Cross Domain Ajax Request is probably fixed.
  • New update detection (experimental) let me know your findings
  • Small bug fixes

New update available on first page v1.6.38

Good Night, and the first, thank you very much for this module.

Is it possible to make the module visible only in one category, but not in others?

To me this is very important because I need to distinguish each category.

Buenas noches y lo primero, muchas gracias por este módulo.

¿es posible hacer que el módulo visible solo en una categoria, pero no en las demás?

Para mí esto es muy importante pues necesito distinguir cada categoria.

hello, yes you can, If you activate the "Category functionality" you can replace the category image with a slider. That means you can have a different slider for every category. Please give a look at the FAQ :)

if you need support in spanish there is a link in the first post to the spanish support page.

Hi

Can you help me please? When I updated on version 1.6.38, I could not edit sliders option.

I tried to reinstall module, but my problem persists. I don´t know why.

Thanx for reply.

Sorry for my English.

By the way, this module is the best...A+

Hi sorry if this same problem is already in the thread, I looked through and couldn't see it.

For some reason the Carosouel isn't working for me. The last slide image just appears but they don't revolve. I'll PM you the site.

1) 1.6.0.9
2) v:1.6.38

3) Visit the Services page.
4) The issue happens every time
5) Can't see any errors in Dev mode or Firebug...
6) PM

Hi

Can you help me please? When I updated on version 1.6.38, I could not edit sliders option.

I tried to reinstall module, but my problem persists. I don´t know why.

Thanx for reply.

Sorry for my English.

By the way, this module is the best...A+

hello, I'm very intrested in understanding and fixing this error. In latest version I tried to work around it but it seems is not working for everyone yet. previous version was working for you? try flushing your browser cache in the module setting page (CTRL+F5) than open the console of the browser (F12 on firefox and chrome than click on "console"), and with the console open try saving the settings. Do you see errors in console? thanks

Hi sorry if this same problem is already in the thread, I looked through and couldn't see it.

For some reason the Carosouel isn't working for me. The last slide image just appears but they don't revolve. I'll PM you the site.

1) 1.6.0.9

2) v:1.6.38

3) Visit the Services page.

4) The issue happens every time

5) Can't see any errors in Dev mode or Firebug...

6) PM

Thank you for the link, I checked and you have an error in console:

postimage_2014_10_08_at_07_48_06.png

$ is jQuery in prestashop, and it's missing, looking at the source code of your page I see there is no javascript at all.. nothing that require javascript can work this way, sliders included.. You need to fix that first or you will have many problems with other pages of your site too.

hello, I'm very intrested in understanding and fixing this error. In latest version I tried to work around it but it seems is not working for everyone yet. previous version was working for you? try flushing your browser cache in the module setting page (CTRL+F5) than open the console of the browser (F12 on firefox and chrome than click on "console"), and with the console open try saving the settings. Do you see errors in console? thanks

$ is jQuery in prestashop, and it's missing, looking at the source code of your page I see there is no javascript at all.. nothing that require javascript can work this way, sliders included.. You need to fix that first or you will have many problems with other pages of your site too.

Hi thanks - I've managed to fix this now. I tried 'Move Javascript to End' setting in 'Permormance' menu and now it works!

Hello,

I recently found your sliders module. I must say it is amazing.
However i have a slight problem i was hoping you could help me with.
When i enable slider for my home page my other modules seem to overwrite it and go to top of page and the slider goes to bottom.
1) Prestashop version. 1.6.0.9
2) Module version used. newest 1.6.38
3) Steps to follow to reproduce the issue. just enable home hook.
4) The issue happens every time, randomly or what? Everytime
5) Do you see any errors with developer mode enabled? no
6) Url of the website (if you don't want to share it on the forums send me the link with a PM, just the url not the full help request)
www.loco1hobby.net/en/

things i tried. checking it is number 1 position moving the other home modules to the bottom.

I think my theme maybe implementing a different column or something and maybe it is why it shows at the bottom.

though i am not sure.

do you have any advice?

I have left the slider on as well as current you can see the sliders everywhere at the bottom.
Thanks alot,
David

Hello,

I recently found your sliders module. I must say it is amazing.

However i have a slight problem i was hoping you could help me with.

When i enable slider for my home page my other modules seem to overwrite it and go to top of page and the slider goes to bottom.

hi, it goes to bottom because there is where your theme implements the "Home" hook, try unchecking "home" and check "top column" in sliders configuration page.

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried that but it ends up showing on all pages.

i only really want it for the home page. Then i will use smaller ones with the other pages and great options you have provided.

It works on other tabs and columns great. so I love that and will use them soon.

Thanks,

do you know what hook it might be maybe i can implement manually? if that's even possible.

every slider of this module generate his own custom hook, if you read the faq on page 1 you will se there is an example to manually place the slider and show it only on home page

{if $page_name =='index'}
    {hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" slider="sliderName"}
{/if}

or, if you don't want to it manually, you can place it on top column, then prevent it from appearing in other pages going to go to "Modules->Positions" and locate SlidersEverywhere inside the "top column" group. You will see an "edit button" next to it, click it.

Now exclude every page but "index" and the slider will show only on the home page.

all of this is explained in the FAQ :)

it is explained in the faq, enter the cms edit page. you can use the shortcodes [sE:slidename] or select a slider with the select option

Hi

Previous version was working without problem.

I cleared cache (CTRL+F5) and in console, there was:

Object { url: "/eshop/modules/homesliderpro/ajax_homesliderpro.php?secure_key=c830fb9ebc69b0b23d7e8d51ed89e2c9&action=updateConfiguration&shop=1", type: "POST", isLocal: false, global: true, processData: true, async: true, contentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", accepts: Object, contents: Object, responseFields: Object, 12 ďalších… }

Also, when I check - Show slider positions (hooks) and Edit slider sizes and timing to YES

POST http://pneux.sk/eshop/modules/homesliderpro//ajax_homesliderpro.php [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 95ms]

Object { url: "/eshop/modules/homesliderpro//ajax_homesliderpro.php?secure_key=c830fb9ebc69b0b23d7e8d51ed89e2c9&action=editPermissions&settings%5Bpermissions%5D%5Bhooks%5D=1&settings%5Bpermissions%5D%5Bsizes%5D=0&settings%5Bimg_ql%5D=90", type: "POST", isLocal: false, global: true, processData: true, async: true, contentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", accepts: Object, contents: Object, responseFields: Object, 11 ďalších… } config.js:414

POST http://pneux.sk/eshop/modules/homesliderpro//ajax_homesliderpro.php [HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 89ms]

Object { url: "/eshop/modules/homesliderpro//ajax_homesliderpro.php?secure_key=c830fb9ebc69b0b23d7e8d51ed89e2c9&action=editPermissions&settings%5Bpermissions%5D%5Bhooks%5D=1&settings%5Bpermissions%5D%5Bsizes%5D=1&settings%5Bimg_ql%5D=90", type: "POST", isLocal: false, global: true, processData: true, async: true, contentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", accepts: Object, contents: Object, responseFields: Object, 11 ďalších… } config.js:414

Can you help me, please?

Thank you very much

ok thank you, the problem in your case is with the server, this page: pneux.sk/eshop/modules/homesliderpro/ajax_homesliderpro.php give error 500, thus the module cannot reach it and saving fails. I think it may be a permission problem, check file and folders permission for you modules folder and the enteire modules/homesliderpro folder

ok thank you, the problem in your case is with the server, this page: pneux.sk/eshop/modules/homesliderpro/ajax_homesliderpro.php give error 500, thus the module cannot reach it and saving fails. I think it may be a permission problem, check file and folders permission for you modules folder and the enteire modules/homesliderpro folder

SOLVED! Thank you very much mistero...you help me a lot

Edited by NewbieSVK (see edit history)

SOLVED! Thank you very much mistero...you help me a lot

very nice can you share here how did you solved it?

Was it a permissions problem? what permissions did you used?

than you :)

very nice can you share here how did you solved it?

Was it a permissions problem? what permissions did you used?

than you :)

ajax_homesliderpro.php had 644 permissions and I changed it to 755...and it works perfect

thank you a lot...perfect module :)

I don't have words to thank you!!!!! I've been thinking about this for a long time, finally it's here! Wish you all the best!  :)

Hi misthero, just a simple question. I have the version 1.5.5 installed on my PS 1.5.6.1 and like to update to the new version. Should I simply overwrite the filse in the module folder? Any caution?

Thank you.

Gil

yes just overwrite. Than you should visit the module list page since there are some database updates needed and doing so will trigger it.

misthero, everything gone well, only one thing: I still have the matter on choosing categories when I try to connect a category to the created slider. Unfortunately the list is freezed and I cannot scroll down it to choose what I need. I read this problem solved in a very early version: have you any idea?

Thank you.

Gil

since you had an earlier version try refreshing your browser cache (CTRL+F5), the scroll problem is just a CSS issue so you probably have an old css in cache

hi, I'm having a problem on the slider, I only want it showed in the top column of my homepage,

hi, I'm having a problem on the slider, I only want it showed in the top column of my homepage,

yes? and the problem is??

Hi,

Great module, works very well. Just one thing, I'd like to change the slider width for media queries and I actually need to give it 100% width for up to 768px and 66% for bigger screens. I was able to set 66% in the back office, but how can I set 100% for the screen size up to 768px instead 989px?? Thanks in advance.

hello, media query are in sync with the one you have on the default theme, if you want to change the steps you have to modify modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php around line 50 there are all the default settings

you can change this, or add more

'media' => array(
                'max' => array(
                    'tspace' => 0,
                    'bspace' => 0,
                    'lspace' => 0,
                    'rspace' => 0,
                    'pos' => 0,
                    'swidth' => 100,
                ),
                '1199' => array(
                    'tspace' => 0,