misthero

[FREE MODULE] Sliders Everywhere - Responsive Gallery, Image Sliders or Banners - NOW 3D!

Make a Better Module  

1,068 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as new feature in the future?

• Automatically enable CMS page slider without manually editing theme file (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Video Slides
    • More customizations for colours and controls positions
    • Image map Slides with different clickable areas (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.6.1)
    • Entering custom html in description
    • Option to restart the slider after user click on controls (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Different Sliders on Category pages based on categories (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)

what browser do you use, if you have chrome press F12 and than click on "console"

repeat the process with the console open and tell me if you see errors

ps I don't know why you click "done" twice...

I had clicked on the done button a second time because after you highlight and area and click done, it keeps a white outline around the area, by clicking done a second time, it removes that highlight, did not know if it affected it, but clicking once or twice produces the same overall result where the area just goes away on save.

I did bring up the developer > console tab in chrome, and got the following 2 lines when I edited the existing slide:

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/javascript: "http://..site../psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/enquire.min.js". modernizr.min.js:4

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/javascript: "http://..site../psadmin/themes/default/js/admin-theme.js". modernizr.min.js:4

nothing additional showed up on the console during the process of adding the area, and entering the URL, then the lines went away when I clicked save.  Still have that dev mode property set to true, but don't notice anything different in this process or on this page on my site where the slider displays.

you need to modify you theme media query for that, how do you handle CSS?

or maybe you can try this, make the slider centerd, without the horizontal spacing (set it to 0), than adjust the width until you see it perfectly centerend in desktop view (it should be 1170px in default-bootstrap theme)

now it should automatically adapt in mobile too.

Hi,

I tried the second option....but no success. How can I do it in css?

Maybe I did the scond option wrong...where exactly do I need to adjust the width?

Thanks!!

Najeeb

I had clicked on the done button a second time because after you highlight and area and click done, it keeps a white outline around the area, by clicking done a second time, it removes that highlight, did not know if it affected it, but clicking once or twice produces the same overall result where the area just goes away on save.

I did bring up the developer > console tab in chrome, and got the following 2 lines when I edited the existing slide:

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/javascript: "http://..site../psadmin/themes/default/js/vendor/enquire.min.js". modernizr.min.js:4

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type text/javascript: "http://..site../psadmin/themes/default/js/admin-theme.js". modernizr.min.js:4

nothing additional showed up on the console during the process of adding the area, and entering the URL, then the lines went away when I clicked save.  Still have that dev mode property set to true, but don't notice anything different in this process or on this page on my site where the slider displays.

those errors are not related with this module and I think they should not preventing the areas from working, if dev mode show no errors too i really don't know how to help you...

you said you updated recently, what version you had before updating? the slider you are editing existed before? It happen the same if you create a totally new slider?

I don't recall which version I had previously, maybe 1 or 2 versions old.  I did just try to remove the slider completely and re-create it new with a new name, and same exact behavior when I try to save after adding an area, it completely removes the area, although the slider page looked slightly different, as last time the details for the area were under the image, this time they were to the right of the image. 

What are you supposed to see ( and where ) when you have the dev mode enabled?  I didn't notice anything different on the front or back office, but don't know where to look?

developer mode expose every possible error message that normally you don't see, if you see no error, than probably there is no error. Can you triyng to remove the module and reinstall?  there is not enough information to work, maybe something went wrong during the upgrade.. i don't know

I just tried uninstalling and re-installing, and then tried first adding an area to your sample slider that came with the install, and same behavior, I save, and the area goes away.

I then tried to create a new slider and got the same behavior, area goes away on save.

I love the module and functionality, just looking forward to the clickable areas to launch products.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, one more thing, this time I uninstalled and deleted it, and then uploaded and installed it again, was getting the same behavior, but was trying firefox instead, I turned on the console and did see some errors when I saved that were not showing in chrome, perhaps this will help:

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it. enquire.min.js
The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it. admin-theme.js

I've been playing with this module -- excellent work. From what I can see in an hour of experimenting with it this is an excellent module. I was looking for a gallery option but after finding this I have a few pages that I think will be enhanced by sliders so will definitely be deploying it as soon as I can get graphics done. 

I do have a question about the gallery mentioned in the title. I can add sliders anywhere I want but I haven't been able to figure out how to use this module to add a gallery. Maybe I misunderstood what was meant by gallery. I'll definitely be using the module to add some sliders but if I could get double duty from it and also use it for something like a magic box gallery that would be an added bonus. If not no big deal this is still a great module and thank you for sharing it.

probably is a misunderstanding, what do you mean for gallery exactly? In the internet we usually mean as "gallery" a serie of images with a common theme, a gallery of your works, a gallery to show product images..

but there are hundreds of way to show galleries,grids, popups, carousels, eyc.. maybe this module doesn't do what you want ^_^

Ok, one more thing, this time I uninstalled and deleted it, and then uploaded and installed it again, was getting the same behavior, but was trying firefox instead, I turned on the console and did see some errors when I saved that were not showing in chrome, perhaps this will help:

nope, those errors are from prestashop admin theme and again doesn't break anything, I can suggest you a last possibility, keep dev mode enabled, go to your ftp and open this file:

modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

look for this code at line 181:

header("location:".$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"].(isset($slide) && $slide->id ? '&id_slide='.$slide->id : ''));

and comment it (place 2 slashes before the line)

//header("location:".$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"].(isset($slide) && $slide->id ? '&id_slide='.$slide->id : ''));

now save and repeat the process with dev mode enabled.

you see any error??

I just tested it, if you use the horizontal spacing to 15 as i said it works at every size (hook TOP) you can see it here: http://development.syncrea.it/presta6/en/

Hi,

The problem in my case is that I use 8px padding for the columns. I have to do this for "advanced background changer" because otherwise the background starts right after where the text ends. This is not good looking. This cause that problem for me.

Even if I do exactly as you say, I get this problem. However, when I disable the background changer, then everything is ok!

Any Idea how we can bypass this?

Thanks!

Najeeb

I did found that not work on IE 11, please look at my site rcstudio.cz in Chrome where both sliders works and in IE11 I see still only last pictures from slider set... 

v:1.6.28

Any idea?

My fault, java update and cache clear in browser helped me 

Edited by Janekx (see edit history)

oh you edited the post, I was going to say that it worked from here :)

@nqa300:  if you have a link to check i can maybe try to help... is too difficult to guess what css can fit every specific case..

Edited by misthero (see edit history)

New Version Available on Page 1: Version 1.6.33

Much work here, possibly there are a lot of bugs, I tried to keep it to a minimum.

Changelog:

• Is now possible to REORDER Sliders, so if you have more than one slider on same hook you can change his relative position.
  • COLOR PICKERS to change sliders elements COLORS!
  • MEDIA QUERIES the spacing and position options are more advanced and allow to perfectly control how to show the slider, in Advanced mode you can also choose how to show it for tablets and mobile changing relative size and more.
  • HTML EDITOR both for slider default description and for AREAS description, the AREA HTML EDITOR apper after you reload the page.
  • FIXED BUG with images having spaces in the filename
  • CHANGED the H1 Tag in slider title to H2 for SEO

I'm going out of town in a few days, so I will not be very active on the forums until next month.

Have Fun! :)

• Like 1

oh you edited the post, I was going to say that it worked from here :)

@nqa300:  if you have a link to check i can maybe try to help... is too difficult to guess what css can fit every specific case..

Hi,

The link is www.divahsilks.com

Hi,

The link is www.divahsilks.com

ok I checked, you should change the padding at your container for every media query and put it at 8px right and left, leave the slider at 0px centered and you are done

ok I checked, you should change the padding at your container for every media query and put it at 8px right and left, leave the slider at 0px centered and you are done

hmmm....the problem is...that i don't get along with CSS!

Can you please let me know where excatly I can change it?

I think is in your theme global.css but I'm not sure because you have ccc enabled for css

you should search for every rule starting with ".container", ex:

.container {
    padding-left:15px;
    padding-right:15px;
}

and change the padding with 8px, there are many similar ruler, not just one, there are at least 3 rules, some have padding 0, some have 15, change all to 8px

I think is in your theme global.css but I'm not sure because you have ccc enabled for css

you should search for every rule starting with ".container", ex:

.container {
    padding-left:15px;
    padding-right:15px;
}

and change the padding with 8px, there are many similar ruler, not just one, there are at least 3 rules, some have padding 0, some have 15, change all to 8px

Hi,

I will try this. Just for your information....the guy of the advance background changer....addes theses codes for me...I think theser are the codes which are creating these problems:

* PS 1.6 Background white on center column */
#columns {
  background: white;
  padding-top: 0!important;
  padding-bottom: 0 !important;
  padding-right: 8px !important;
  padding-left: 8px !important;
}
/* /PS 1.6 Background white on center column */

/* PrestaShop 1.5 - This code defines a white background for the website page. */
/*
#page {
background:white ;
padding:0 10px;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
}
*/

/*This code sets CSS BG below Javascript BG*/
body {
z-index: 0;
position: relative;
}

/* Footer for theme 1.5 */
/*
#footer.clearfix.alpha{
margin-left : -10px;
width : 1000px;
}
*/

/* divahsilks.com specific styles */
#header { padding-bottom: 0; }
#header > div:last-child > div.container { background: white !important; }
#home-page-tabs { margin-left: 0 !important; }

Hi,

I will try this. Just for your information....the guy of the advance background changer....addes theses codes for me...I think theser are the codes which are creating these problems:

* PS 1.6 Background white on center column */
#columns {
  background: white;
  padding-top: 0!important;
  padding-bottom: 0 !important;
  padding-right: 8px !important;
  padding-left: 8px !important;
}
/* /PS 1.6 Background white on center column */

/* PrestaShop 1.5 - This code defines a white background for the website page. */
/*
#page {
background:white ;
padding:0 10px;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px #000;
}
*/

/*This code sets CSS BG below Javascript BG*/
body {
z-index: 0;
position: relative;
}

/* Footer for theme 1.5 */
/*
#footer.clearfix.alpha{
margin-left : -10px;
width : 1000px;
}
*/

/* divahsilks.com specific styles */
#header { padding-bottom: 0; }
#header > div:last-child > div.container { background: white !important; }
#home-page-tabs { margin-left: 0 !important; }

I think i have solved it :) ....welll you solved it... solution works.

Thanks a lot!

thanks to you guys for your support and the beers :P

Hi,

When I change the container to 8px...the quickview option gets disabled. When I hoover over products I cannot select quickview.

Any solution for this?

Najeeb

nope, those errors are from prestashop admin theme and again doesn't break anything, I can suggest you a last possibility, keep dev mode enabled, go to your ftp and open this file:

modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

look for this code at line 181:

header("location:".$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"].(isset($slide) && $slide->id ? '&id_slide='.$slide->id : ''));

and comment it (place 2 slashes before the line)

//header("location:".$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"].(isset($slide) && $slide->id ? '&id_slide='.$slide->id : ''));

now save and repeat the process with dev mode enabled.

you see any error??

Yes, with that change I now get a popup error when I click save:

Notice on line 779 in file /home4/..xxxx.../modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

[8] Use of undefined constant JSON_HEX_QUOT - assumed 'JSON_HEX_QUOT'

Notice on line 779 in file /home4/...xxx.../modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

[8] Use of undefined constant JSON_HEX_TAG - assumed 'JSON_HEX_TAG'

Warning on line 779 in file /home4/...xxx.../modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php

[2] json_encode() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given

I did notice you saved a new version, I will attempt to install that and compare the behavior.

Thanks for your help.

YFYD nothing will change downloading the new version, I think your server have an old php version, too old I would say since those variable exists from php version 5.3 you are on a version older than 5.3. I suggest to update o ask your hosting provider to update the php version.

YFYD nothing will change downloading the new version, I think your server have an old php version, too old I would say since those variable exists from php version 5.3 you are on a version older than 5.3. I suggest to update o ask your hosting provider to update the php version.

That was the problem, I didn't realize we were on an old version, 5.2, so once I updated it to 5.4, areas work exactly as it should! Thank you so much for the help, love the module! Great work and support!

Greetings Misthero;

First of all you have a good time on your "days off" :)
I have a small problem with the latest version. Change a png image I had in the footer that looked perfect, but now the bottom of the png shows black. No transparency respects. It may be a bug?

Thank you very much :)

In this image the black color should be the color of the background, because it has transparency. Prestashop settings is Ok, allowing png.

2014-08-10_001033.png

Edited by Daviant (see edit history)

you are right, but than is not only the latest version, but previous too, since the module doesn't use prestashop functions to resize anymore, but a new php class included in the module. If you want to use transparent png, try the attached file replacing the original.

If it works I will include in a new version when I'm back from holyday :P

it is located in modules/homesliderpro/classes/PerfectResizer.php

PerfectResizer.php

If it works I will include in a new version when I'm back from holyday :P

[italian] buone vacanze, e riposa che qui abbiamo bisogno di te :P   [/italian]

I have a question. in the /modules I have a folder named something like 3a785e568f9385b5678. inside there is a folder named homesliderpro with all the related files. from the install-1.6.25.php I assume it could be a remain/backup from an old version. can I delete it safely?

hey man, it's a really great module! :D

But i have one question, when i tried to resize the image in the slider and press the save button, nothing happened (like an empty link)

It won't save my last configuration. Can you help me ?

I'm using Prestashop 1.6.0.8

Thanks for any help!

Sorry for my bad English :(

hey man, it's a really great module! :D

But i have one question, when i tried to resize the image in the slider and press the save button, nothing happened (like an empty link)

It won't save my last configuration. Can you help me ?

I'm using Prestashop 1.6.0.8

Thanks for any help!

Sorry for my bad English :(

did you clicked on "save" or the "save and resize", which it shows after changing values in the dimensions fields?

do you have cache enabled? if so, did you emptied it?

yes, i clicked them, but when i checked the result, nothing had changed.

then i go back to that configuration again, it still showed the default value.

hmm yeah, i have cache enabled, and i did already emptied it and tried again, still .. nothing changed and those buttons like useless (empty link) :(

yes, i clicked them, but when i checked the result, nothing had changed.

then i go back to that configuration again, it still showed the default value.

hmm yeah, i have cache enabled, and i did already emptied it and tried again, still .. nothing changed and those buttons like useless (empty link) :(

Personally, I got into the habit of pressing F5 in the browser for the changes to be reflected, because sometimes it is not enough to wipe cache.

(google translator)

Hi,

I have a problem. I want to have the slider in displayHomeTabContent, above new products block, but if I put it there it floats above that block and covers it. If I put it bellow, new products block is visible. Any advice?

I am really new in prestashop so it might be something very obvious.. Thanks!

hi and thanks for supporting small businesses like mine! Wonderful module, just what i needed - quality coding, free of charge. works like charm, no problems.will donate forsure.

One suggestion - can it be done to combine images into sprites so that we could have only one request for each slider?

thanks

When you create a clickable area on a slide image and enter a URL for it to launch, is there a way to set it to launch in a new window?  I see the "Open URL in new Window" option for setting a URL for the entire slide, but not for the clickable areas.

Thanks

When you create a clickable area on a slide image and enter a URL for it to launch, is there a way to set it to launch in a new window?  I see the "Open URL in new Window" option for setting a URL for the entire slide, but not for the clickable areas.

Thanks

If you have the url for the clickable item listed then It should bring it to the one item if you enable yes. Look at my page http://www.uniqjewelrydesigns.com (the top slider). is this what you mean? I have the slider on all pages though, so you would need to slide down to see the specific url for the paticular item i set on the slider. 

Hello,

I have a problem with this module on prestashop 1.5.6.2.

The installation worked perfectly, but now the module is very very slow on the admin mode.

I use the 1.6.33 version of the module SliderEverywhere.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hello

I have translate this module in French, but the translation don't appear. 

Any idea ?

Hello everyone, I'm finally back, tomorrow work will start again  :(  .. sadly..

for anyone needing help and support I suggest you to include the following details in your request:

1) Prestashop version

2) Module version

3) Steps to reproduce the issue

4) The issue happens every time, randomly or what?

5) Do you see any errors with developer mode enabled?

6) Url of the website (if you don't want to share it on the forums send me the link with a PM, just the url not the full help request)

Someway some how, It only shows the last slide and fixed since it only sees this last slide...

can you show me? (link?)

hi and thanks for supporting small businesses like mine! Wonderful module, just what i needed - quality coding, free of charge. works like charm, no problems.will donate forsure.
One suggestion - can it be done to combine images into sprites so that we could have only one request for each slider?
thanks

the slider uses only css and fonts there is no image in the graphic elements, buttons, etc. Is not possible to group the slides images you upload in a single sprite anyway.

Hello

I have translate this module in French, but the translation don't appear. 

Any idea ?

Nice! maybe is a cache issue, can you share the translation file with us so I can include it in the module? Thank you!

Actually nope still not working. Only working on mobile. On pc still dead links 

did you solved it, do you have an url so I can check?

did you solved it, do you have an url so I can check?

Oh yes someone helped me. I had to add "clear:both" to styles.css . I had Deadlinks above the slider. All good now ty.

Thanks. Great module.

Prestashop: 1.6.0.9 fresh installation.

Module version 1.6.33,

Problem: in CMS page, it shows "none" and no sliders are shown in the dropdoen menu even the sample slider.

I already activated CMS function.

My question: how to let my sliders show in the dropdown menu and how and where to put the code in a specific CMS page to show the slider. i.e not to be shown in all CMS pages.

Thanks too much.

Edited by osamaissa (see edit history)

Thanks. Great module.

Prestashop: 1.6.0.9 fresh installation.

Module version 1.6.33,

Problem: in CMS page, it shows none and no slides are shown in the drop menu even the sample slider.

I activated CMS function.

My question: how to let my sliders show in the dropdown menu and how and where to put the code in the CMS page to show the slider.

Thanks too much.

thanks for the perfect support request!

You are right indeed, there is a bug I didn't noticed, anyway for now you can still have sliders in yor cms page using shortcodes in the editor.

I will fix it soon, with a new version probably tomorrow.

thanks for the perfect support request!

You are right indeed, there is a bug I didn't noticed, anyway for now you can still have sliders in yor cms page using shortcodes in the editor.

I will fix it soon, with a new version probably tomorrow.

Thanks for your kind fast reply and excellent support.

Waiting for the update.

Best regards.

Hi!

I have a problem

I upload a screen capture to show it because I can't put this module in cms page because it doesn't appear the option.

(sorry for my english)

Gemma

post-471744-0-17906500-1409000081_thumb.jpg

Hi misthero.  This is fab plugin - thanks!

I've got a multistore anomaly.  I've created sliders for two stores.  There isn't a problem adding and editing the slides themselves, but no entries in the 'edit slide options' tabs are sticking for the 2nd store (changing settings is fine for the 1st store).

1) Prestashop version: 1.6.0.9

2) Module version: 1.6.33

3) Steps to reproduce the issue:

• select store 'Wholesale Site'
  • edit and save any slider options
  • navigate away from Sliders Everywhere config and back (or refresh page)
  • find that slider options have not persisted

4) The issue happens every time.

5) No errors showing in developer mode.

6) Site URL PM'd to you...

By the way, both sliders are manually hooked in header.tpl for the respective themes for each store.  Probably not significant, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Misthero,

Thanks for your great module. Great job! In your last version you say : "in Advanced mode you can also choose how to show it for tablets and mobile changing relative size and more". Where can i find this "advanced mode". Couldn't find it...

Best

Jérôme

New Version Available on page 1! Version 1.6.34

Version 1.6.34

• Fixed transparent PNG showing black instead of transparent
  • Fixed CMS PAGE Slider selector being empty
  • Like 1

Hi!

I have a problem

I upload a screen capture to show it because I can't put this module in cms page because it doesn't appear the option.

(sorry for my english)

Gemma

Hello, to select the slider for cms page you have to edit the cms page, it is not in slider configuration :)

Hi misthero.  This is fab plugin - thanks!

I've got a multistore anomaly.  I've created sliders for two stores.  There isn't a problem adding and editing the slides themselves, but no entries in the 'edit slide options' tabs are sticking for the 2nd store (changing settings is fine for the 1st store).

By the way, both sliders are manually hooked in header.tpl for the respective themes for each store.  Probably not significant, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for your help.

In multistore there is a problem if you install the module in your backoffice in single store context, maybe this is what happened for you? If so uninstall the module, and select ALL SHOPS in backoffice before installing.

postimage_2014_08_26_at_19_21_48.png

Hi Misthero,

Thanks for your great module. Great job! In your last version you say : "in Advanced mode you can also choose how to show it for tablets and mobile changing relative size and more". Where can i find this "advanced mode". Couldn't find it...

Best

Jérôme

Hi, it should appear in the "slider Options" under "positions":

postimage_2014_08_26_at_19_19_39.png

"Hi, it should appear in the "slider Options" under "positions":"

Thanks! Missed that... :(

Sorry If I missed this in the previous 32 pages... But is it possible to have some kind of gallery index page where you can see each gallery (slide) created? For example show thumbnails and the title of the gallery?

Also is it possible to have the images in a slide displayed as thumbnail in the gallery page (not the index page) instead like a slider?

Sorry if I missed this in the previos threads as I said, and yes ive read the faq :)

nope, those functionalities are not included, what is the use case?  What do you want to achieve?

Hi, i updated to 1.6.34 (previous one 1.6.33) yesterday on PS 1.6.0.9 via ftp, and now the module is shown as "to be installed" in module page. But it works as before on the site. Btw I don't anymore access to module configuration.

Will i loose all configuration if i install it again?

Other strange point, since i updated to the new version, CSS editor module refuse acces to configuration "permission denied"...

We are nearly ready for production and i don't want mess with that. Thanks for your help.

Best

Jérôme

Edit : now slider configuration is back in "settings" but i always get login page each time I clic on it....

Edited by dfuzion (see edit history)

Hi Misthero,

Updating your module from 1.6.33 to 1.6.34 wrecked module page and some other things :

Problems :

- Module page is terribly long to show : 72 sec !!!!

- some module are shown "to be installed" but they are installed and running in front end (in fact most of installed module are shown "not installed"

- Some are shown with "configure" button but there're unsinstalled

- Standard modules as "one clic upgrade" aren't displaying the page, instead i get : "you don't have permission to..."

- Favorite modules shows "1" in the left list and says after clic : "no available module in this section" (i in fact had more than 10 yesterday)

- I have to disconnect two times to be really disconnected and get the admin login page

- I often loose all the links on top of admin "fast access"

- Impossible to connect to prestashop addons from admin (it was ok yesterday)

- Module page filters (installed/active/etc..) doesn't work anymore

- Clicking "update" on a module is ok but it shows top of the page an error message "couldn't unsintall module"...

After a check via debug mode and dev mode I saw that it was coming from your module. I deleted the folder and all is working like a charm again. I don't have the previous version to check again with it but there's something weird with the last one.

And I really need your wonderfull module. can you make me a feedback soon? Thanks.

Best,

Jérôme

hello, dfuzion

fact is version 1.6.33 and version 1.6.34 are the same, just 2 files are changed but those are not loaded unless you resize the images so maybe the download was corrupted or something went wrong during uploading.

if you got an error in dev mode, plese copy paste it here.

the previous version is on first page at the bottom of the first post if you want

but I repeat, nothing important changend between 1.6.33 and 1.6.34 and I tested the update on diffent installation without any issue. So it is probably a corrupted file problem or something like that.

Thanks for your feedback. I just checked 1.6.33 but same problem. Here's the error in dev mode :

WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '

'.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630.         }
631.         else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632.         {
633.             if ($sql)
634.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
635.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
636.         }
637.     }
639.     /**

I think I have to clean install and database config of your module and install it again. How can I do that?

I uninstalled your module. time for loading page went down from 70sec to 0.8sec. 

I installed it again (last version) : 3mn to wait and again same problems as above. So i uninstall it again.

Edit : after unsinstall i still get slidereverywhere in settings. Database isn't maybe cleaned during uninstall

Please help ! I really need your module...

best

that is very strange, does it say what file and line is throwing the error??

if you are able to uninstall it that will clear the database if not the tables created by the module are 4:

homesliderpro

homesliderpro_slides

homesliderpro_slides_lang

sesliders_slideconf

and this 4 values in config table:

HOMESLIDERPRO_CONFIG
HOMESLIDERPRO_HOOKS
HOMESLIDERPRO_STANDARD
SLIDERSEVERYWHERE_SETS

First point, when uninstalled i still have the four tables in database and all 4 entries in config tables... but folrder with files desepeared

Here's the whole message after install :

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

MySQL server has gone away

UPDATE `vb_configuration` SET `value` = 'a:6:{s:7:\"version\";s:6:\"1.6.34\";s:11:\"need_update\";i:0;s:11:\"update_time\";i:1409149095;s:3:\"CMS\";i:0;s:3:\"CAT\";i:1;s:11:\"permissions\";a:2:{s:5:\"hooks\";s:1:\"1\";s:5:\"sizes\";s:1:\"1\";[spam-filter]',`date_upd` = '2014-08-27 16:19:25' WHERE `name` = 'SLIDERSEVERYWHERE_SETS' AND (id_shop_group IS NULL OR id_shop_group = 0) AND (id_shop IS NULL OR id_shop = 0) LIMIT 1
at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630.         }
631.         else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632.         {
633.             if ($sql)
634.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
635.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
636.         }
637.     }
639.     /**
  • DbCore->displayError - [line 325 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    319.         if ($sql instanceof DbQuery)
    320.             $sql = $sql->build();
    322.         $this->result = $this->_query($sql);
    323.         if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_)
    324.             $this->displayError($sql);
    325.         return $this->result;
    326.     }
    328.     /**
    329.      * Execute an INSERT query
  • DbCore->query - [line 609 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    603.     {
    604.         if ($sql instanceof DbQuery)
    605.             $sql = $sql->build();
    607.         $this->result = false;
    608.         $result = $this->query($sql);
    609.         if ($use_cache && $this->is_cache_enabled)
    610.             Cache::getInstance()->deleteQuery($sql);
    611.         if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_)
    612.             $this->displayError($sql);
    613.         return $result;
  • DbCore->q - [line 427 - classes/db/Db.php] - [2 Arguments]
    421.         $sql = rtrim($sql, ',');
    422.         if ($where)
    423.             $sql .= ' WHERE '.$where;
    424.         if ($limit)
    425.             $sql .= ' LIMIT '.(int)$limit;
    426.         return (bool)$this->q($sql, $use_cache);
    427.     }
    429.     /**
    430.      * Execute a DELETE query
    431.      *
  • DbCore->update - [line 359 - classes/Configuration.php] - [5 Arguments]
    353.                 {
    354.                     // Update config not linked to lang
    355.                     $result &= Db::getInstance()->update(self::$definition['table'], array(
    356.                         'value' => pSQL($value, $html),
    357.                         'date_upd' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s'),
    358.                     ), '`name` = \''.pSQL($key).'\''.Configuration::sqlRestriction($id_shop_group, $id_shop), 1, true);
    359.                 }
    360.                 else
    361.                 {
    362.                     // Update multi lang
    363.                     $sql = 'UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.bqSQL(self::$definition['table']).'_lang` cl
  • ConfigurationCore::updateValue - [line 745 - modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php] - [2 Arguments]
    740.                 $check = version_compare($this->version, $result);
    741.                 if ($check < 0) { //need update
    742.                     $this->settings['need_update'] = $result;
    743.                 }
    744.                 Configuration::updateValue('SLIDERSEVERYWHERE_SETS', serialize($this->settings));
    745.             }
    746.         }
    747.     }
  • HomeSliderPro->updateCheck - [line 179 - modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php]
    173.             if ($this->settings['need_update'] && version_compare($this->settings['need_update'], $this->version) > 0 ){
    174.                 $this->warning = ' '.$this->l('New Update Available! Visit configuration page to update:').'<a href="'.AdminController::$currentIndex.'&configure='.$this->name.'&token='.Tools::getAdminTokenLite('AdminModules').'">'.$this->l('Click').'</a>';
    175.             } else {
    176.                 $this->settings['need_update'] = 0;
    177.                 Configuration::updateValue('SLIDERSEVERYWHERE_SETS', serialize($this->settings));
    178.                 $this->updateCheck();
    179.             }
    180.         }
    182.         parent::__construct();
  • HomeSliderPro->__construct - [line 1031 - classes/module/Module.php]
    1025.             if (Tools::file_exists_no_cache(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$module_name.'/'.$module_name.'.php'))
    1026.             {
    1027.                 include_once(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$module_name.'/'.$module_name.'.php');
    1029.                 if (class_exists($module_name, false))
    1030.                     return self::$_INSTANCE[$module_name] = new $module_name;
    1031.             }
    1032.             return false;
    1033.         }
    1034.         return self::$_INSTANCE[$module_name];
    1035.     }
  • ModuleCore::getInstanceByName - [line 380 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [1 Arguments]
    374.             $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('There was an error while extracting the module (file may be corrupted).');
    375.         else
    376.         {
    377.             //check if it's a real module
    378.             foreach($zip_folders as $folder)
    379.                 if (!in_array($folder, array('.', '..', '.svn', '.git', '__MACOSX')) && !Module::getInstanceByName($folder))
    380.                 {
    381.                     $this->errors[] = sprintf(Tools::displayError('The module %1$s that you uploaded is not a valid module.'), $folder);
    382.                     $this->recursiveDeleteOnDisk(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$folder);
    383.                 }
    384.         }
  • AdminModulesControllerCore->extractArchive - [line 556 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php] - [1 Arguments]
    550.                 && substr($_FILES['file']['name'], -4) != '.tgz' && substr($_FILES['file']['name'], -7) != '.tar.gz')
    551.                 $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('Unknown archive type.');
    552.             elseif (!move_uploaded_file($_FILES['file']['tmp_name'], _PS_MODULE_DIR_.$_FILES['file']['name']))
    553.                 $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An error occurred while copying archive to the module directory.');
    554.             else
    555.                 $this->extractArchive(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.$_FILES['file']['name']);
    556.         }
    557.         else
    558.             $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('You do not have permission to add this.');
    559.     }
  • AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcessDownload - [line 1040 - controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php]
    1034.         foreach ($postProcessMethodsList as $ppm)
    1035.             if (Tools::isSubmit($ppm))
    1036.             {
    1037.                 $ppm = 'postProcess'.ucfirst($ppm);
    1038.                 if (method_exists($this, $ppm))
    1039.                     $ppmReturn = $this->$ppm();
    1040.             }
    1042.         // Call appropriate module callback
    1043.         if (!isset($ppmReturn))
    1044.             $this->postProcessCallback();
  • AdminModulesControllerCore->postProcess - [line 171 - classes/controller/Controller.php]
    165.             // setMedia MUST be called before postProcess
    166.             if (!$this->content_only && ($this->display_header || (isset($this->className) && $this->className)))
    167.                 $this->setMedia();
    169.             // postProcess handles ajaxProcess
    170.             $this->postProcess();
    172.             if (!empty($this->redirect_after))
    173.                 $this->redirect();
    175.             if (!$this->content_only && ($this->display_header || (isset($this->className) && $this->className)))
  • ControllerCore->run - [line 373 - classes/Dispatcher.php]
    367.             // Execute hook dispatcher
    368.             if (isset($params_hook_action_dispatcher))
    369.                 Hook::exec('actionDispatcher', $params_hook_action_dispatcher);
    371.             // Running controller
    372.             $controller->run();
    373.         }
    374.         catch (PrestaShopException $e)
    375.         {
    376.             $e->displayMessage();
    377.         }
  • DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 54 - admin/index.php]
    48.     $_POST['controller'] = strtolower($_POST['tab']);
    49. if (!isset($_REQUEST['controller']) && isset($_REQUEST['tab']))
    50.     $_REQUEST['controller'] = strtolower($_REQUEST['tab']);
    52. // Prepare and trigger admin dispatcher
    53. Dispatcher::getInstance()->dispatch();

look in table "module"

do you see homeslider there? there is a number 1 next?

edit: MySQL server has gone away

this error means the database stopped responding, maybe something took too much time

how are you installing it? are you uploading manually from ftp or from the module page? In the second case try uploading it manually than just click install in module page.

edit 2:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/296807-i-need-to-eliminate-error-500/

also you can try increasing your database timeout

that is a timeout error, database stop responding so the queries are not executed or partially executed,

try this

clean the database module table, remove the configuration entries and the module entry

than increase your database timeout

finally upload manually the module in modules folder from ftp go to the module page in backoffice and try installing again.

Ok Ok let explain exactly what i clean in the database. I understand i have to :

- delete the 4 tables homesliderpro, homesliderpro_slides, homesliderpro_slides_lang, sesliders_slideconf

- clean the 4 values in configuration table

- clean entry of homesliderpro in module table

Is that right? How to increase database timeout?

yes correct,

the other is a server configuration, how to do that depends on your hosting provider, if it allows you to use php.ini files you can create a file php.ini in the root of prestashop and write inside it:

mysql.connect_timeout = 300

mysqli.reconnect = On

this will wait 300 seconds before closing the database connetion and will allow restoring the connection.

what hosting you use?

Ok for database, but I couldn't find HOMESLIDERPRO_CONFIG this time in config table

mysql.connect_timeout is already at 300. i'll try to add reconnect to a php.ini file. not sure mys hosting (OVH) accept it.

already 300? it shoud'n took that much time...

someting is slowing things down..

try this BEFORE INTALLING

open homesliderpro.php around line 179 comment

$this->updateCheck();

adding 2 slashes before it

//$this->updateCheck();

than install