misthero

[FREE MODULE] Sliders Everywhere - Responsive Gallery, Image Sliders or Banners - NOW 3D!

Make a Better Module  

1,068 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as new feature in the future?

• Automatically enable CMS page slider without manually editing theme file (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Video Slides
    • More customizations for colours and controls positions
    • Image map Slides with different clickable areas (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.6.1)
    • Entering custom html in description
    • Option to restart the slider after user click on controls (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Different Sliders on Category pages based on categories (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)

Hello

Many Thaks for the slider.

I want to use same slide for muliple categories but not all categories.

How can i do this.

Thanks

Vito

custom hook!

you have the perfect example on page 2:

{if $smarty.get.id_category == 64}
{hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="sample"}
{/if}

hi,

i am using sliders everywhere but i want to button over some slides. how can i do that?

"to button over" means to click? in that case just add an url in slide configuration.

Ciao Misthero,

i've added the lacking "displayTopColumn" Hook in the module, handly for home page and top sliders. set in the .tpl, the php and in the admin controller. Thought was useful to add in next updates =)

"to button over" means to click? in that case just add an url in slide configuration.

zx8nmh.png

like this slider

more info and received an offer

that is not available right now, if you have some experience with html and css it is possible to slightly modify the modlue to allow custom html in the description field (just edit the .tpl to remove the html filter), than use that to show your elements and css to position it.

@straynetworks: good idea, thankyou, anyway that hook is only present in ps6, the module right now is compatibile with ps5 and ps6 that is because there are only hooks that are available in both systems, I could find a way to check the version and add the hook only if you are on ps6

can you say which code i must to change in tpl?

if i can write html code to description it will be ok for me

can you say which code i must to change in tpl?

if i can write html code to description it will be ok for me

see this post on page 2:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1612028

if you want your changes to be update proof make a copy of the tpl in your theme folder and modify it there

Edited by misthero (see edit history)

hello, actually the module strip out html tags to avoid errors, if you want to do that you have to modify 2 files

homeSlidePro.php around line 28:

'description' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isCleanHtml', 'size' => 4000),
change to:

'description' =>    array('type' => self::TYPE_HTML, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isCleanHtml'),
and

homeslidepro.tpl around line 15:

<span class="slide_description">{$slide.description|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span>
change to :

<span class="slide_description">{$slide.description}</span>
keep in mind that doing that you can break your site layout if you are not careful... Correctly closing html tags etc..

have fun!

i did that but it doesnt work some errors about

[PrestaShopException]

Property HomeSlidePro->description is not valid

at line 878 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

873.                 $message = $this->validateField($field, $value, $id_lang);

874.                 if ($message !== true)

875.                 {

876.                     if ($die)

877.                         throw new PrestaShopException($message);

878.                     return $error_return ? $message : false;

879.                 }

880.             }

881.         }

i take this error when i want to you that "<button onclick="window.location.href='http://www.mozilla.org/'">Mozilla Anasayfa</button>" code

i take this error when i want to you that "<button onclick="window.location.href

You cannot use javascript in Prestashop html fields. This is how you have to create links in html

<a href="http://www.mozilla.org/">Mozilla Anasayfa</a>

that is the title arrtibute,

remove it in tpl (about line 9: title="{$slide.description|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} ")

that is not available right now, if you have some experience with html and css it is possible to slightly modify the modlue to allow custom html in the description field (just edit the .tpl to remove the html filter), than use that to show your elements and css to position it.

@straynetworks: good idea, thankyou, anyway that hook is only present in ps6, the module right now is compatibile with ps5 and ps6 that is because there are only hooks that are available in both systems, I could find a way to check the version and add the hook only if you are on ps6

Yes it can be resolved with an if. Moreover, i've find issues on the responsive features of the sliders images: doesn't seem to reduce size on smaller resolutions. Tried adding class="img-responsive" in the tpl in vain. Anyone else noticed that?

Oh and it overrides the homeslider module navigation css when installed in 1.6

Yes it can be resolved with an if. Moreover, i've find issues on the responsive features of the sliders images: doesn't seem to reduce size on smaller resolutions. Tried adding class="img-responsive" in the tpl in vain. Anyone else noticed that?

Oh and it overrides the homeslider module navigation css when installed in 1.6

the css conflict will be resolved in next release.

Do you have a link to see your responsive problem?

First of all, thanks for a great module...

I have a question though...

How can I change the colors of the "circles" (inner&outer) showing which slide you are viewing (the ones at the bottom)??? Also the font and the color of the title & description...

thanx...

hello, you need ftp access, then copy the file:

modules/homsliderpro/css/styles.css

to:

themes/theme_name/css/modules/homsliderpro/styles.css

(create the necessary folder if needed)

there you can modify all the styles:

".se-pager a" for the blue color of the inactive link

".se-pager-link.active" for the active color (orange)

".se-pager-item:hover .se-pager-link" the color when the mouse is hover (orange again but can be different)

".se-pager-item" the border color

".se-pager-item:hover" the border color when mouse is hover

etc..

if you use tools like firebug is very easy to understand and change the css

thank you very much for the reply...

can you also tell me about the font and colors of the title and description???

I just installed module and its fantastic.Thanks a lot.

But, there i a problem in my home page. When this module is installed there is a conflict between the Home page slider module and every css is the same. How to solve this ?

I am using PS 1.6.6

thank you very much for the reply...

can you also tell me about the font and colors of the title and description???

classes are:

.slide_description

.slidetitle

no font is defined, it uses the same font of your theme

I just installed module and its fantastic.Thanks a lot.

But, there i a problem in my home page. When this module is installed there is a conflict between the Home page slider module and every css is the same. How to solve this ?

I am using PS 1.6.6

yes, it happen in version 6, thank you for reporting, it was already reported by another user, it will be fixed in next version,  you can try changing the order of the modules in header (module positions), I didn't tested this anyway, could not work

the question is, what broke it in your site?

do you have modules adding javascript? could it be some kind of conflict?

do you have a link to see it?

mmm.. I see you have a module that is called something like "med_contactable" ant it is inserting 2 times the same scripts with different names...

I suspect maybe that could be the cause, can you please try disabling that module to confirm that is causing the issue?

just disable it and test the slider again :)

I did some research and that module cause javascript problems with other modules too (like thickbox): http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280224-solved-thickbox-broken-after-update/?do=findComment&comment=1410394

some people solved it removing the extra javascript

try removing (or renaming) one of this files

/modules/med_contactable/js/min.js

/modules/med_contactable/js/pack.js

I want to use this module only in left column and make different slides for Home page and categories. How can i do this ? I managed to put it in left column adding this code in header.tpl {hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="sample"}  but i cannot change its position in BO. Also with this code module is appearing to all pages.Please advice . i am using Presta 1.6

Edited by nasos (see edit history)

hello nasos, you are on the right way, you can use an if condition to check if it is home page:

{if $page_name == 'index'}
{/if}

using the custom hook the module is indipendent from the left colum so it will appear always before or after all the other elements.

if you want to be able to reorder it than you can use css, in your global css use something like this

#left_column .sample {
    display:none;
}

.index #left_column .sample {
    display:block;
}

this will hide the "sample" slider on every page but home page (replace .sample with the name of your slider)

• Like 1

Ok, I hooked the module to left column and added the above code to Global.css of my theme. I cleared cache ,but still i cannot move the block to the desired potision...

Also if i hook another slider to a specific category it appears  top again and not in left column..

check here : http://screencast.com/t/FhTVaVE91jo8

Edited by nasos (see edit history)

Ok, I hooked the module to left column and added the above code to Global.css of my theme. I cleared cache ,but still i cannot move the block to the desired potision...

Also if i hook another slider to a specific category it appears it top again and not in left column..

check here : http://www.autopower.gr/prestatest/2-%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%83%CE%B9%CE%B1

thank you for the link, it helps

Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. Those are 2 separate methods:

1) if you use custom hook you cannot move it but you can hide it from other pages using the IF condition with smarty.

2) if you use the backoffice to hook it you can move it normally and than use CSS to hide from other pages as I showed.

so you need to choose, custom hook method or CSS method. I think you are still using the custom hook ({hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="sample"}) so you can't move it.

the category page in prestashop have no hook positions... this is not a module issue.. is how Prestashop is designed... developers are asking for hooks in there since the begginning of times.. :(

Your slider hookd to a specific category will ALWAYS show where you normally would see the CATEGORY IMAGE (it replace the category image) and the category image is not movable from backoffice. You need to change your .tpl for that.

edit: you said you want it in left column only in home page... those examples are made to limit the display in home left column

Hi misthero!

First of all thanks for the amazing module, you really did a great job!

Just have a question for you, it would be great if you could help me: i installed the module and hooked it to displayTop and displayHeader, showing it only on index page and excluding all other pages.

The slider works great and it appears only at my homepage (index.php) which is what i intended. The problem is that the slider is also appearing on Order Summary page (it wont show in any of the 5 steps but it shows in the summary right before order confirmation). 

For all i can see the only difference between Order summary page and any of the 5 steps pages is the link it generates: index.php?fc=module&module=bankwire&controller=payment in the first case and index.php?controller=order&step=3 in the other pages, perhaps my problem resides here. Just cant understand why the Slider shows at Order summary page and how i can remove it from there.

Hope i made it +/- clear, it would be great if you could give me some insight on how i can remove it also from Order summary page, either via BackOffice or coding.

Thanks in advance, keep up the very good work!

Vitor Monteiro

hello vitor, can you explain how you limited the slider on home page only? do you use a condition with smarty? if so can you show me your code?

I didnt change the code so far, only configured it in PS Backoffice.

After installing the module, i went to Modules -> Positions and "hooked" it only to displayTop (Pages Top) and displayHeader (Pages Header) because apparentely if i removed it from displayHeader it wont show at all.

Then edited the module at displayTop to exlude all pages but index.html.

Last step, i went to the Slider everywhere configuration at the Backoffice, and checked the sample slider to Top only.

Perhaps thats not the optimal way but aparentelly it is working fine and showing the slider only in my index homepage like i wanted.

The only other "page" that is showing it is, as i told you the Order summary page. For some reason in that specific page, the slider "decides" to show up on top of the page.

I dont know if i'm making sense, hope so. Since i'm developing the website at localhost i can't for now give u a link to check it, but if it's really needed i can put it online in a short period of time.

Thanks again for your help and the fast reply!

Edited by VMSNM (see edit history)

hallo again, usually is not necessary hook the module from the "positions" you can do that directly in module configuration page under "preference"->"Sliders Everywhere" and checking "Top"

anyway you said: Then edited the module at displayTop to exlude all pages but index.html.

is this what you did?

exclude.jpg

is the "bankwire" module included in your list?

EDIT: I just tried this way and it works for me, (prestasho 1.6 - default theme), tried to make an order following all the steps and the slider never show up during purchase process.

Hello, thanks for your module that could fit well with my website. I just want to put 2 ou 3 sliders in homepage but o the same line. How could I do that?

When I ad {hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="home"} near to HOOK_TOP in my header.tpl the 2 sliders appears one over the other ad not side by site in my homepage center column.

you can do that with homepage text editor

create 2 slider one of them assign as top

than the other assign nowhere and write the Shortcode to your homepage text editor's html

• Like 1

write the Shortcode to your homepage text editor's html

Hello, Thanks for the answer, what's the shortcode? I tryed with the hook {hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="homebis"} but it's not working.

That's exactly what i did misthero.

"is the "bankwire" module included in your list?" - No, it doesnt appear in that list and i did not change anything regarding the code for any of the default payment methods.

Funny it worked for you, i'm using PS 1.5.6.2 and as u can see in the attachment pics i uploaded with this post, to me the slider only appears at index and in the Order summary page. Not in 1st or 2nd or 3rd step but after u choose any of the default payment methods, when it shows your order summary right before u confirm the buy, there's the slider for some reason.

Do you recommend me other method for me to display the slider just at homepage? I didnt hooked the slider to displayHome because i have a 2 column layout and i want the slider to be on top of that with full 100% witdh.

Tks again!

Example images:

1. http://cantinhodogui.hol.es/Site1.jpg

2. http://cantinhodogui.hol.es/Site2.jpg

Edited by VMSNM (see edit history)

Hi misthero!

Just a quick update, perhaps it helps you more then me in understanding the problem.

Discovered recently after installed Paypal module that the slider, besides index page and Order summary page, also appears at least in the PayPal module page.

So aparentelly, the slider is correctly being excluded from all Pages besides index (what i wanted) but it is appearing in the "Modules pages", if this makes some kind of sense.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

hello guys, sorry if I'm late but I'm just back from work :)

That's exactly what i did misthero.

"is the "bankwire" module included in your list?" - No, it doesnt appear in that list and i did not change anything regarding the code for any of the default payment methods.

ok so maybe you should try to manually include it in the filters this is my comma separated list of page forbidden when i select everything but "index". Anyway Prestashop 1.5 have a smaller list without the module pages

address, addresses, attachment, auth, bestsales, cart, category, changecurrency, cms, compare, contact, discount, getfile, guesttracking, history, identity, manufacturer, myaccount, newproducts, order, orderconfirmation, orderdetail, orderfollow, orderopc, orderreturn, orderslip, pagenotfound, parentorder, password, pdfinvoice, pdforderreturn, pdforderslip, pricesdrop, product, search, sitemap, statistics, stores, supplier, module-homesliderpro-AdminCmsContent, module-blockcategories-AdminBlockCategoriesController, module-dashgoals-AdminDashgoalsController, module-gamification-AdminGamificationController, module-bankwire-payment, module-bankwire-validation, module-blocknewsletter-verification, module-cheque-payment, module-cheque-validation, module-productcomments-default, module-blockwishlist-mywishlist, module-blockwishlist-view

try adding "module-bankwhire-payment" or try just with "bankwire", if nothing works try just with "module"

another solution that will surely work is using custom hook inside a condition:

{if $page_name == 'index'}
 {hook h="displaySlidersPro" slider="myslidername"}
{/if}

@YouLab: do you have a link?, I think it is just a matter of css for you, if you provide a link it will be easy to find how to setup your css to get what you want

Thanks for the help misthero!

Tried to manually include the "unwanted pages" in the filters but that didnt work.

Second solution worked like a charm. Didnt have to set the hook manually inside the if statement because it was already correctly hooked, just had to "wrap" the HomesliderPro code between the if statement and now it works perfect!

Again, many thanks, surely i will buy u a beer my friend ;)

Best regards.

Hello,

I installed the Sliders Everywhere to 1.5.3.1 with multistore mode, have some issues need some help,

1. I like to have the same slider for every store, but even I configured the slider on "all store" ,the slider only shows on the home site page (say www.mystore.com), not on the other store page (say, www.mystore.com/store1).

I went back to check on "module position" for second store (www.mystore.com/store1) , the iSlider is there.

Also went back to the iSlider module with "store1" (not the "all store"), I saw the slider name is there in the hooks, but there are no images in it.

Does it mean that every time I setup a new slider, I need to go to every store to upload all the images AGAIN ONE BY ONE!

2. I can´t use numbers (1,2,3,...) and special letters (like ç,ã, promoções) for the slider name.

Did I mistake something on the way, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Hello,

I installed the Sliders Everywhere to 1.5.3.1 with multistore mode, have some issues need some help,

1. I like to have the same slider for every store, but even I configured the slider on "all store" ,the slider only shows on the home site page (say www.mystore.com), not on the other store page (say, www.mystore.com/store1).

I went back to check on "module position" for second store (www.mystore.com/store1) , the iSlider is there.

Also went back to the iSlider module with "store1" (not the "all store"), I saw the slider name is there in the hooks, but there are no images in it.

Does it mean that every time I setup a new slider, I need to go to every store to upload all the images AGAIN ONE BY ONE!

yes configuring the slider in "all stores" context is the same as configuring it in your "default store"

2. I can´t use numbers (1,2,3,...) and special letters (like ç,ã, promoções) for the slider name.

Did I mistake something on the way, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

yes again, it is specified in the field notes, you cannot use number and special characters for slider name, but slider name is just for you, none is going to see it, it is needed internally to reference the slider and to make javascript and css work. Your public is never going to see it.

yes configuring the slider in "all stores" context is the same as configuring it in your "default store"

yes again, it is specified in the field notes, you cannot use number and special characters for slider name, but slider name is just for you, none is going to see it, it is needed internally to reference the slider and to make javascript and css work. Your public is never going to see it.

Yes, I did configure both way, "default" and "all stores", and it came out the same thing: only shows on default page, does´nt shows on the other stores.

Best,

sorry I don't get it.. did you created the slider on the second store?

as I said creating it in defaul store or in "all stores" is always just the first store. if you have 3 stores you need to create 3 sliders, even if they are exactly the same.

sorry I don't get it.. did you created the slider on the second store?

as I said creating it in defaul store or in "all stores" is always just the first store. if you have 3 stores you need to create 3 sliders, even if they are exactly the same.

is there any chance to responsive this slider?

sure, slider is already responsive

is there a posibility that one slide name (slider) can be used in multiple categoories. Now it only lets you choose one category. If you want to put the same slide in multiple categories it is a lot of work.

Hi, I'm having a problem with the module when trying to create a category slider and select "Same image for all languages?".  The slider shows fine in the default language but the images are broken in other languages.

The problem seems to be that the image url inserted into the database is incorrect in non-default languages.  For example, in English (default) an image url is: /homesliderpro/images/elemis-jasmine-cat-1.jpg (correct), but in French it is: /homesliderpro/images/elemis-jasmine-catc0-1.jpg (incorrect).

Any idea what might be causing this?

The site is currently in maintenance mode but if you PM you IP Address I will give you access.

PS 1.5.6.2

is there a posibility that one slide name (slider) can be used in multiple categoories. Now it only lets you choose one category. If you want to put the same slide in multiple categories it is a lot of work.

at the moment you need the custom hook provided with your slider to achieve that, copy paste it in your category tpl inside a condition like this one:

{assign "mycat" $smarty.get.id_category}
{if $mycat == 64 || $mycat == 4 || $mycat == 16}
{/if}
replace the numbers with you category ids, in this example the same "sample" slider will appear on categories 64, 4 and 16, to add more simply add: || $mycat == XX

Hi, I'm having a problem with the module when trying to create a category slider and select "Same image for all languages?".  The slider shows fine in the default language but the images are broken in other languages.

The problem seems to be that the image url inserted into the database is incorrect in non-default languages.  For example, in English (default) an image url is: /homesliderpro/images/elemis-jasmine-cat-1.jpg (correct), but in French it is: /homesliderpro/images/elemis-jasmine-catc0-1.jpg (incorrect).

Any idea what might be causing this?

The site is currently in maintenance mode but if you PM you IP Address I will give you access.

PS 1.5.6.2

Thank you, maybe is a bug, but first check this 2 things:

1) "Same image for all languages?" was checked when you uploaded the images? It should work only for the "next image you upload" so if you activate the checkbox after uploading the images it won't work.

2) also, is it possible that your shop default language is different from the backoffice language?

Thank you, maybe is a bug, but first check this 2 things:

1) "Same image for all languages?" was checked when you uploaded the images? It should work only for the "next image you upload" so if you activate the checkbox after uploading the images it won't work.

Yes, by default this option is checked, is that correct?  Anyway it is checked before I am uploading the images.

2) also, is it possible that your shop default language is different from the backoffice language?

No, the default language is English for both the FO and BO.

Please see attached showing the DB inserts.

hsp_inserts.png

Ok, I checked and this is a bug indeed, thank you for reporting it, soon I will release a new version with new features and new bugs, but this will be gone among others :)

Hello misthero!

I would like to ask you, how could i show 3 images at the same time with your amazing slider, like the image below...

Thanks a lot for your time and all yours replies!

post-738964-0-00520900-1404494615_thumb.jpg

Hello misthero!

I would like to ask you, how could i show 3 images at the same time with your amazing slider, like the image below...

Thanks a lot for your time and all yours replies!

Hello giud, sorry if I'm late, that feature is not present, I was working on it some time ago but is still buggy in resposive slides so I left deactivated. If you wanna try it edit homesliderpro.tpl, near the end of file you should see 3 commented lines

//minSlides: 2,
//maxSlides: 2,
//slideWidth:{$configuration.width}/2

remove the double slashes to activate it, and change the numbers to the number of slides you wanna show. For example to show a carouse with 3 images it should be:

minSlides: 3,
maxSlides: 3,
slideWidth:{$configuration.width}/3

anyway, I repeat, it is not perfect and you can see something odd. Especially in responsive mode

• Like 1

hello everyone, a NEW version 1.6.1 is available on page 1

The most voted new feature was to have different clickable areas for different slides.

It took many weeks to create and debug it, and now is stable enough to let you try it.

Now you can add 1 or more areas to every slide.

1) every area can have a title, a url, a description and a button.

2) every area can have it's own styles, you can choos between 2 layout and 3 color preset

Layout and preset can be mixed, so you have 6 combinations available. Anyway the display is also affected by what you choose to enter in the text fields so the combinations are way more!

some examples:

• if you enter just the url and choose the transparent "color" you get an invisible clickable area
  • if you fill the tile too you get a word showing in the middle of your area
  • adding a description you get a popup on mouse hover with your description.
  • or if you choose the simple layout and clear color you get a label
  • or you can get the same style of homeslider for prestashop 1.6 using block layout, transparent color, and filling title, url, button and description field

there are many many possibilities, just experiment with it and, like always, have fun!

• Like 1

Hello misthero!

Thank you very much for improving this great module ( i gonna try the new version) and for yours replies, always helpful! 

Like my site is responsive for to show 3 images at the same time with your amazing slider i will try to do like you said otherwise i wil be very attentive to the improvements of this very nice module.

Thanks a lot for sharing your work.

wow, more than 50 downloads in less than 2 days, and, what's more important, no bug reports yet.. i think this is a good sign :ph34r:

hi.

I want insert a slider in cms page.

could you tell me how can i do it?

thank you.

hi.

I want insert a slider in cms page.

could you tell me how can i do it?

thank you.

This is the kind of questions I like to hear, so I can finally answer "Did you read the FAQ?" ;)

anyway, for cms pages you have 2 solutions:

1) use the shortcode provided with your slider (copy/paste it in your cms description)

2) or activate cms functionality and than choose the slider you want from cms page editor in backoffice.

• Like 1

Hello,
I spent like 4h trying to replece homeslider with
Sliders Everywhere and it is always goes wrong.
If i hook it in the home, it appears under the homeslider. However using the Live edit, I can't place it above it.
I also try to hook it in the top. It appears in the place I want it to be, but it also appears on the every other page.
I think i should use custom hook, but to be honest i got no idea where to paste it.
If someone could tell me, how to achieve it step by step, I would be very thankful.

Hello,

I spent like 4h trying to replece homeslider with Sliders Everywhere and it is always goes wrong.

If i hook it in the home, it appears under the homeslider. However using the Live edit, I can't place it above it.

I also try to hook it in the top. It appears in the place I want it to be, but it also appears on the every other page.

I think i should use custom hook, but to be honest i got no idea where to paste it.

If someone could tell me, how to achieve it step by step, I would be very thankful.

if you downloaded the latest version and you are on prestashop 1.6 there is a new hook Top column.

Also in 1.6 you can hook it to TOP as you did and disable from backoffice on every page but index, example: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310597-free-module-sliders-everywhere-responsive-gallery-image-sliders-or-banners-now-3d/?p=1719487

Hello I want to show thumbnails under category for slider please if u can help

thumbnails of what..? your question is not very clear to me, can you explain a litte what you are trying to achieve?

• Like 1

New version available on page 1

Version 1.6.2

• NEW FEATURE: Carousel Mode (with configurable number of slides in desktop and responsive mode)
  • NEW FEATURE: Batch resize multiple images at once
  • NEW FEATURE: basic positiong, center your slide, place side by side with other elements, configure the space between elements (top bottom or left and right)
  • New bugs introduced (eventually :ph34r: )
  • Like 1

Just to thank you for your module, i want to share with you something i recently found out, that it's fantastic ( for me ) you may already be aware of this but i have no way to know. 

if you go to https://tinypng.com/ and pass you png files that you have in the module, you can save 80% KB 

nolanguage.png 18 kb to 1.2 kb −94%
beer.png 5.7 kb to 2.3 kb −60%
logo.png 8.0 kb to 3.0 kb −63%

Just to thank you for your module, i want to share with you something i recently found out, that it's fantastic ( for me ) you may already be aware of this but i have no way to know. 

if you go to https://tinypng.com/ and pass you png files that you have in the module, you can save 80% KB 

nolanguage.png 18 kb to 1.2 kb −94%
beer.png 5.7 kb to 2.3 kb −60%
logo.png 8.0 kb to 3.0 kb −63%

Thanks for the tip, looks like there is also a photoshop plugin, I'll try that.

I found a issue non issue, i don't know if you can do something about it, it's the friendly url, i put the links on the images before activating the friendly url, so when i did activate it, the links didn't work anymore, maybe you can find a way to automatically change the links when people activate or deactivate the friendly url.  

I understand that but it is not possible, the url is not bound to prestashop url system, what you enter that is completely arbitrary, it can be an external url like

http://google.com

or url to a file for download like

http://mysite.com/document.pdf

or a relative url

"/8-dresses"

usually you should always activate clean url for SEO compatibility and never change it when in production to avoid losing search engine index.

First of all, I would like to say thank you for this awesome module.

Second, I've tested some stuff, and:

a ) centering the slider doesn' work,

b ) carousel mode shows only first slide, rest of them are transparent,

c ) I need some help, maybe you can be my savior.

I know a little of html, css, sql and php, but I'm new to prestashop. My shop looks like this atm:

http://abload.de/img/before8hltn.jpg

And I would like to move stuff, to achieve something like this (photoshop magic):

http://abload.de/img/afterj3byc.jpg

I think I should use that custom hook thing, but after research I still don't know where.

Edited by specgaming (see edit history)

hello, about the bugs:

centering and side by side are achieved with css, so it is possible that some other css rule in your theme prevents it from working.

I cannot reproduce the carousel problem but I can say you thet it needs the slider to have the correct width to work.

what hook are you using? is that the home page of your shop? if you are hooking the slider to top try "home page" instead

to help you better would be useful to have a link to your shop so I can see exactly what is happening, it is not possible to undestand the html structure of your site from the screenshots alone ^_^

thank you for the link, I think I got it, fact is that home tab content is called after the clickable tabs, so you cannot in any way place something before it (that I think is your intention):

{if isset($HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT) && $HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT|trim}
    {if isset($HOOK_HOME_TAB) && $HOOK_HOME_TAB|trim}
        <ul id="home-page-tabs" class="nav nav-tabs clearfix">
			{$HOOK_HOME_TAB}
		</ul>
	{/if}
	<div class="tab-content">{$HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT}</div>
{/if}
{if isset($HOOK_HOME) && $HOOK_HOME|trim}
	<div class="clearfix">{$HOOK_HOME}</div>
{/if}

as you can see {$HOOK_HOME_TAB} represent the tabs itself so it won't be useful to show a slider.

so yes, you need a custom hook, open your index.tpl and paste the code there, just before anything else, give it the correct size and margins and you are done:

{if isset($HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT) && $HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT|trim}
{if isset($HOOK_HOME_TAB) && $HOOK_HOME_TAB|trim}
<ul id="home-page-tabs" class="nav nav-tabs clearfix">
            {$HOOK_HOME_TAB}
        </ul>
    {/if}
    <div class="tab-content">{$HOOK_HOME_TAB_CONTENT}</div>
{/if}
{if isset($HOOK_HOME) && $HOOK_HOME|trim}
    <div class="clearfix">{$HOOK_HOME}</div>
{/if}
  • Like 1

It works! Thanks a lot. You deserve a cookie.

cookies-shst-120420.jpg

thank's for the cookie....

...but I prefer beer :P

HTb2xKY.jpg

• Like 2

Hello, awesome module.

There is a bug in chrome, tested on version 1.5.54 (production) and 1.6.2 (local). You can see in the images not shown well. My PS version is 1.6. 

I have also found a "feature", when working with ssl in BO does not work properly, giving some faults. By switching to http works fine.

Thanks a lot.

post-360209-0-26588300-1405334787_thumb.jpg

post-360209-0-85807800-1405334789_thumb.jpg

post-360209-0-08751400-1405334792_thumb.jpg

Hello lokai, thanks for your feeback.

About your screenshot I never saw anything like that :huh: , are you sure is not a rendering issue, for me in chrome works well. Does it happen with any kind of animation or with 3D?

can you test on chrome on a different computer? It looks like a rendering artifact.

What version of chrome anyway?

what is "not working properly" in BO with https?

Could be some kind of internet filter? It only happens in the office, in home works fine.

Browser updated to the latest version. I tried on several computers with and without dedicated graphics card and so does everyone in varying degrees. I will continue testing.

With https and console, the problem is with the jquery blocked:

[blocked] The page at 'https://luposanshop.com/xxxxxxxx/index.php?controller=SlidersEverywhere&token=xxxxxxxxxxxx' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.10.4/jquery-ui.min.js': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

The page at 'https://luposanshop.com/xxxxx/index.php?controller=SlidersEverywhere&token=xxxxxxxx' was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from 'http://imageshack.com/a/img691/3066/o4t.gif': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function luposanshop.com/modules/homesliderpro/js/config.js:76
The page at 'https://luposanshop.com/xxxxxxx/index.php?controller=SlidersEverywhere&token=xxxxxxxxxx' was loaded over HTTPS, but displayed insecure content from 'http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img691/3066/o4t.gif': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

(xxxxxxx added for security)
Edited by lokai (see edit history)