misthero

[FREE MODULE] Sliders Everywhere - Responsive Gallery, Image Sliders or Banners - NOW 3D!

Make a Better Module  

1,065 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see as new feature in the future?

• Automatically enable CMS page slider without manually editing theme file (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Video Slides
    • More customizations for colours and controls positions
    • Image map Slides with different clickable areas (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.6.1)
    • Entering custom html in description
    • Option to restart the slider after user click on controls (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)
    • Different Sliders on Category pages based on categories (*ADDED IN VERSION 1.5.4)

no demo yet, don't you see a new menu under:
Preferences->SlidersEverywhere

jus like any other module you should also have a button "configure" in module list from where you installed it

example.jpg

example.jpg

Edited by misthero (see edit history)
  • Like 1

yeh, it works now (Preferences->SlidersEverywhere)  :D 

how can i set slides in center of page ? it stays on the left  screen of my laptop

no demo yet, don't you see a new menu under:
Preferences->SlidersEverywhere

jus like any other module you should also have a button "configure" in module list from where you installed it

example.jpg

example.jpg

Edited by minhtailieu (see edit history)

Hi Misthero, here I'm back to report you what gave my tests. On test area, different server, I tried to overwite the 1.5.41 with 1.5.42 and everything gone OK. The sliders present on old version remained with the new one. But unfortunately they weren't displaying. However i tried to delete those sliders and repalcing with new ones: it worked like a charme. So that i cannot understand why on the live site I had a blank page. Now everything works well. Also the matter joined to the picture on categories is solved: this is strange because I did upload with the version you gave us in the beginning that on the live site was giving problems. I assume the blank page was due to the server timeout: as explained I had a consistent speed down of site navigation.

You can see the test working at http://www.cerrep.it/gs/4-benessere.

As you can see the only problem is the size of the pictures they are scaled down at a different size than what set in the BO. Also other sliders give me the same matter, but not on all pictures. Of course the pictures are all sized the same and also the sliders have the same setting up. Any idea?

hello, thank you for your feedback,

in the example page i see the correct size (i think) the slider is 740px*375px and the images are that size too. what you mean with "scaled down" ?

about the live site, do you have any override? (in override folder) if yes can you tell me what file you have overridden

Please don't forget to publish your updated version as soon as you finish your fixes.

Would you take on another project? if you have time there is a lack of free captcha, recaptcha, slide captcha modules around for v1.6, here is some help:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/114958-module-slide-captcha-22-add-a-captcha-to-your-forms-support-iphoneipad/

this looks to be good, easy and all, but it doesn't work with 1.6 and the author is not replying. 

it shows in the contact form and it is usable, but it doesn't perform it's main function, probably needs little fixing. 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/130462-free-module-recaptcha/

This one is very old and doesn't work at all for 1.6

or you can use some of this to make it if you choose to take on this project. 

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/otherplatforms

Edited by benedettopresta (see edit history)

the new version will be released probably later today, with new features I think you will like :)

for now I have no time to take on the development on another module, maybe later

hello, thank you for your feedback,

in the example page i see the correct size (i think) the slider is 740px*375px and the images are that size too. what you mean with "scaled down" ?

about the live site, do you have any override? (in override folder) if yes can you tell me what file you have overridden

Misthero, forget the size of the pictures after having cleared the cache of my browser everything's ok.

Concerning override, may be there is a misunderstanding, I simply copied the new module in the folder of the old one overwriting the old files with the same name. Can it be of any help for you?

you said in your live site you get a blank page, but on the test site everything works, so it should be something else, maybe a conflict with other modules?

can you please check if you have any PHP file in folders
override/classes/

override/controllers/admin/

if yes what is the name of your files?

(I'm talking about your live site)

Yes, we have many php files in the override/classes/ folder and also in override/controllers/admin/ but they are still present on the test area as we replicated the entire live site on test area. The only two modules I didn't install on test site are Additional Tabs and Youtube Tabs bought from PS Addons. Do you think they are conflicting in some way? I can install them on the test site and try...

Misthero, tried to install the missing two modules on test site and everything is nice. So that, perhaps, there is something to be cleared on the live server... However I will install the 1.5.42 on live site as soon as it will be available: at least I will downgrade the module to the previous version (I will only loose some sliders and there is not so much work). Of course this won't be the best but presently it's hard to solve a matter joined to the server...

well.. I don't know, I'm just guessing, since a blank page means some kind of php error...

if the module works on a clean install maybe something is wrong on your live site..

is live site and the new one on different servers?

the easier fast way to know would be to enable DEV MODE copy paste the error here and disable DEV MODE :ph34r:

Yes I tried clearing the cache

I am on Prestashop 1.6.0.5 and using your latest module.

I tried disabiling other modules just incase there were any clashing.

I have also tried putting the slider on all the positions and also maunally added the code on the CMS page to see if it worked - still no luck!!

I have sent you a message with the url...

many thanks for your help and quick responses!!

it is difficult without more details:

you tried clearing prestashop cache?

what version are you working on?

do you have a link to your site?

does the slider work in other positions? (top, footer, sidebar etc..)

thank you for the link.

I found there are javascript errors on that site (just open the console in your browser to see it)

javascript works until it find an error, than the other scripts stops working.

and that theme code is badly broken, your site is outputting the same things over and over (at least 3 times in 3 different places)  in the source, you should first check you are not using the same hooks in different places or something like that...

you should check if everything works with the default theme unmodified, if so you need to fix your theme first.

thank you for the link.

I found there are javascript errors on that site (just open the console in your browser to see it)

javascript works until it find an error, than the other scripts stops working.

and that theme code is badly broken, your site is outputting the same things over and over (at least 3 times in 3 different places)  in the source, you should first check you are not using the same hooks in different places or something like that...

you should check if everything works with the default theme unmodified, if so you need to fix your theme first.

I have I had a look at the errors and resolved them. Still the slider is not showing?

Edited by idm1 (see edit history)

I have I had a look at the errors and resolved them. Still the slider is not showing?

every error is still there and the html is all messed up, did you tried with another theme?

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'crossSlide' index.php:414
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'crossSlide' index.php:608
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Ok we got it, the latest version is ready and now have some bug fix, performance improvements, AUTOMATIC UPDATES! and

[   SHORTCODES!!   ]

now you can add images or animated sliders directly in your CMS page text visual editor!!, even between paragraphs adding

[SE:sample] 

(hey! change "sample" with the name of your slider)

so now shut up and enjoy!

PS: anyone willing to help me writing down a FAQ?

download is on first page!

My ps 1.6.0.6:

Everywhereslide 1.5.5 is conflict with smartblog module free, everywhereslie 1.5.4 works, so that i like 1.5.4 ^,^

My ps 1.6.0.6:

Everywhereslide 1.5.5 is conflict with smartblog module free, everywhereslie 1.5.4 works, so that i like 1.5.4 ^,^

Can you explain what happen with smartblog? please??

thank you, this is the kind of errors I like to see!

looks like smartblog uses for "blog categories" the same controller name used by core prestashop for his product categories that cause the conflict, my module think it is a product category.

if you have time can you try this?

edit homesliderpro.php and go at line 588 you should see:

$idCat = Tools::getValue('id_category');
add right after that

if (empty($idCat) || $idCat == '')
	return;
if this works i will patch today Edited by misthero (see edit history)
  • Like 1

yeah, it works now :D

thank you, this is the kind of errors I like to see!

looks like smartblog uses for "blog categories" the same controller name used by core prestashop for his product categories that cause the conflict, my module think it is a product category.

if you have time can you try this?

edit homesliderpro.php and go at line 588 you should see:

add right after that
if (empty($idCat) || $idCat == '')
	return;
if this works i will patch today

Hi

I had a problem with my theme so I had to revert back which is why the errors were back. These have again been resolved!

Is it because the html is all messed up that is causing the slider not to show?

every error is still there and the html is all messed up, did you tried with another theme?

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'crossSlide' index.php:414
Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'crossSlide' index.php:608
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

if you check your pm i sent you a message with credentials to access the test site, so that you can see the problem by yourself.

you need to try to rearrange the order of the sample slider and see what happens. try to move the 1st image to the 3rd place or something like that.

Misthero, thank youso much fo ryour new version of the module. Do I have to install it from BO or overwrite the folder through FTP client? What is your suggestion? I will try before on test site where I've installed 1.5.42 and then I'll give a try on the live site where I've 1.5.41. I will wait for you until to do anything.

just overwrite without reinstalling

Sorry, I forgot to tell you: no codes shall be added to cms.tpl and category.tpl since we just did them on previous versions?Is it?

if you already added you should not do it again, anyway the module is smart, it will detect if the code is already there and will tell you (if you try to use the automatic method)

if you check your pm i sent you a message with credentials to access the test site, so that you can see the problem by yourself.

you need to try to rearrange the order of the sample slider and see what happens. try to move the 1st image to the 3rd place or something like that.

wow nice! was that happening before too, or just in this version? looks like a problem with jquery ui, I will investigate later

can't help you there, i didn't try it before so i have no idea.

2 new problems:

if i make a new slide 1000x500 and load the pictures 870x217, than later changing the slide size to 870x217 the slide will still show in the site as 1000x500, if i change the size before loading the pictures than it's fine.

when clicking on the category id, you made this very useful menu appear, but it isn't scroll able, so having too many categories it will go out of the screen and there is no way to select the categories out of the screen, and also to let it go, because i'm not able to see the close and remove category. i solved this using the browser zoom to zoom out, but it's not practical. 

sorry forgot, but what is "Shortcode" it looks so important to you.

i tried your 3d slider, well it works fine in chrome, but not so good in IE

Misthero, finally I've installed your module 1.5.5 on live site: it's working like a charme. It's great! No blank page at all, speed loading pages is now correct. Well done man!

I will offer a beer to you for sure...

However I will continue to investigate on that in different situations and let you eventually know if there is something wrong.

Hi Misthero,

I just installed the module ver. 1.5.5 and, in BO, I have the following errors.

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php on line 34

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php on line 38

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php on line 54

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php on line 33

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php on line 198

Notice: Undefined property: SlidersEverywhereController::$hook in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php on line 227

Notice: Undefined property: SlidersEverywhereController::$hook in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php on line 274

Can you help?

new version Available on first page and online (try the automatic update and tell me if it works) :)

now answers:

Hi Misthero,
I just installed the module ver. 1.5.5 and, in BO, I have the following errors.

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string in /var/www/vhosts/toolsandco.it/httpdocs/shop/modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php on line 34

Can you help?

Thank you! Those are notices (little errors not breaking the functionality), the module should work, you probably have a very aggressive error display on you server, and those should go if you reload the page. Anyway i will check.

can't help you there, i didn't try it before so i have no idea.

2 new problems:

if i make a new slide 1000x500 and load the pictures 870x217, than later changing the slide size to 870x217 the slide will still show in the site as 1000x500, if i change the size before loading the pictures than it's fine.

this is normal, images are resized or cut only on upload for now, so if you change the sizes (and proportions) you should reupload.

when clicking on the category id, you made this very useful menu appear, but it isn't scroll able, so having too many categories it will go out of the screen and there is no way to select the categories out of the screen, and also to let it go, because i'm not able to see the close and remove category. i solved this using the browser zoom to zoom out, but it's not practical.

this should be fixed in new patch, try it! you should be able to scroll now (empty your browser cache)

sorry forgot, but what is "Shortcode" it looks so important to you.

haha, shortcodes are little codes you can place in visual editors to show the slider there.

shortcode.jpg

i tried your 3d slider, well it works fine in chrome, but not so good in IE

it works fine in ie 11 latest version, but not in earlier versions, 3d is not very well supported on IE.

"Fixed category selction not scrollable"                             tried it works fine.

"Fixed error with jQuery UI if jquery version is too high"    tried it works fine

automatic update, sorry to say but didn't work for me, had to do it manually.

benedetto, thank you very much for all your feedback and support.

about the automatic update, you tried and it didn't worked or you didn't got notified?

in the second case it should be ok, since to avoid wasting resources the module check only once every 24 hours

ok, so i didn't get notified, but i did click the button check for update, any way i didn't update on my live site yet so i will wait and let you know. 

First of all thank you very much. Just'm testing the module and is fantastic (PS 1.6.0.6). That if, as in everything that is used for the first time, questions arise ... and got one.

I put a picture (only one) in the footer with measures 1170 x 65 pixels, but looks with white top and bottom margins. I have not noticed if it happens in all the hooks, because I have not resized. But in footer that effect. It is a normal operation of the module? or you can fix it to match the configured action.

Thank you very much again.

Sorry for my English, I use google translator.

slider1.jpg

slider2.jpg

Edited by Daviant (see edit history)

sorry it is not very clear does it appear in footer like in the thumbnail preview?

perdona, no lo tengo claro, la imagen aparece en el footer asi como la vees en la anteprima?

sorry it is not very clear does it appear in footer like in the thumbnail preview?

perdona, no lo tengo claro, la imagen aparece en el footer asi como la vees en la anteprima?

If, as appears in the capture. On a page of tests to look as it looks.

Thank you very much for answering :)

Si, aparece como en la captura.  Activo una página de pruebas para que mires como se ve.

Muchas gracias por responder :)

Test Page

Thank you for the link, the image I see is 980*290px, maybe you changed the slider size "after" uploading the image?

By default the module will cut images too big when you upload it, but will do nothing if the image is already uploaded when you change the slider size. More than this, if the image is too small the module cannot make it bigger.

So if for example the size is set to 1000*500 an you upload an image 980*290 the image will be untouched, since is too small. If you change the sizes you have to upload it again.

Español:

Gracias por el enlace, la imagen que veo es 980*290px, ¿pude ser que hayas cambiado el tamaño de la galeria "despues" de cargar la imagen?

Por defecto el modulo corta las imagenes solo si son demasiado grandes, y solo mientras las cargas, pero no va a hacer nada con la imagenes ya cargadas si vas a cambiar el tamaño de la galeria despues. Es mas, si la imagen es demasiado pequeña el modulo no puede hacerla mas grande. Asi si por ejemlo la galeria estaba con ancho y alto de 1000*500 y cargas una imagen de 980*290 esta no va a ser afectada porque es mas pequeña. Si decides de cambiar el tamaño vas a tener que cargar la imagen de nuevo.

a few more things:

the update still didn't show, so i will wait some more.

i had a few surprises this morning, the initial setup that you have to activate the 2 buttons at the beginning, well for some reason they were deactivated, but i didn't do anything, no backup no restore, no updated, so strange. And i found out about this because all my slides got mixed, the last once i put where showing in the first once, in totally different slide, so looking around i checked how you handle images, well you put all the images in the same directory so i was giving the names of each slide slide1 slide2 etc for every category and the images were overwriting them self and i didn't know. you should put a warning about this or store images in different folders for every slide or take control over the names and when loading give an automatic unique name so if the user uses the same name no problem. ( at least i think i this is the problem )

oh yes, renaming files with same name, you are right, one more thing, what version you read on module page?

ok, this is not a core module so you don't get notified if you are in module list page since it is not connected with prestashop modules website (I have to make a paid module to publish it there... they don't accept free modules.. unless you are some kind of partner I guess...), the notification should appear in "configure module page"

if still not appearing try this

edit homesliderpro.php around line 470 and remove the number 86400 and the minus sign
if( $this->settings['update_time'] < ($time-86400) || Tools::getValue('check') == 1) {

thank you for your time :)

I was about to edit the file and i found out i have 2 files homesliderpro:

HomeSlidePro.php    3,944

homeslidepro.php   31,976

i guess i should delete one, if yes which? 

I was about to edit the file and i found out i have 2 files homesliderpro:

HomeSlidePro.php    3,944

homeslidepro.php   31,976

i guess i should delete one, if yes which? 

nono!! don't delete,

homesliderpro.php is the module (the one i asked to edit :P)

HomeSlidePro.php is an helper class

ok i didn't delete, i missed the r, difference. any way i changed the string to this:

if( $this->settings['update_time'] < ($time) ) {

and i checked in the module configuration, but i still don't see anything, 

edited with notepad++ and it's on line 931

i don't know if it matters, but i have the English language uninstalled, and only Italian installed, so your module is in Italian, maybe in the translations you missed something???

i don't think it is a matter of translation, when translation is missing in your language you just get the default string in english

new version on first page

@Daviant, I just realized that what you are seeing is the default behaviour of prestashop adding white background when images are too small, new version fixes that cutting the images correctly

Hi Mystero,

since the slider is showed too close to the top menu, I modified style.css this way:

.sliderFigo {

margin-top:15px; <-- added line

margin-bottom:10px;

}

It works ok, but if I activate CCC, it doesn't work anymore. How can I solve this small issue?

Edited by vansrv7 (see edit history)

do you have a link to your shop (anyway maybe you just need tho empty the cache folder inside your theme folder: /themes/themename/cache/)

You can see it at www.toolsandco.it/shop/planesfactory

will try to delete the cache

Thanks

EDIT: Cache deleted, nothing changed.

Edited by vansrv7 (see edit history)

if you look at this file: http://www.toolsandco.it/shop/planesfactory/themes/734Tools/cache/e8c3d642268c99ed167346f06fd1b990_all.css

your rule is there but there are strange characters right before.. probably that is the reason because the rule doesnt get read correctly

.sliderFigo{margin-top:15px;margin-bottom:10px}

Interesting... but I have no Idea where those characters come from...

maybe something to do with encoding?

look here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3255993/how-do-i-remove-i-from-the-beginning-of-a-file

looks like the server is reading the file in a different encoding your document is unicode (utf-8) but the css file generated is not

did you edited with notepad??

You will find that some editors (such as Notepad on Windows) will always add a BOM when you save a file with the UTF-8 encoding, others will offer you a choice.

with notepadd++ you can change the encoding of the file and save again, try to convert it to "ansi" or "utf8 without bom", let me know if find the cause. thank you!

PS: anyway if you are not intrested in finding the reason and just want to make it "work" you can simply write your css rule  again at the end of the file without removing the one on the first line, I think it is just the first rule that is being ignored.

Thank you Mysthero, solved.

For some reason the .css file was saved as "UTF8" instead than "UTF8 without bom". Now it works.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for the link, the image I see is 980*290px, maybe you changed the slider size "after" uploading the image?

By default the module will cut images too big when you upload it, but will do nothing if the image is already uploaded when you change the slider size. More than this, if the image is too small the module cannot make it bigger.

So if for example the size is set to 1000*500 an you upload an image 980*290 the image will be untouched, since is too small. If you change the sizes you have to upload it again.

Español:

Gracias por el enlace, la imagen que veo es 980*290px, ¿pude ser que hayas cambiado el tamaño de la galeria "despues" de cargar la imagen?

Por defecto el modulo corta las imagenes solo si son demasiado grandes, y solo mientras las cargas, pero no va a hacer nada con la imagenes ya cargadas si vas a cambiar el tamaño de la galeria despues. Es mas, si la imagen es demasiado pequeña el modulo no puede hacerla mas grande. Asi si por ejemlo la galeria estaba con ancho y alto de 1000*500 y cargas una imagen de 980*290 esta no va a ser afectada porque es mas pequeña. Si decides de cambiar el tamaño vas a tener que cargar la imagen de nuevo.

Thank you very much, exactly what you described happened. So I went up again and the image was perfect. But I have another query. I testing with the Slider in the Top, I see that the images are slightly shifted toward the left, outside the margin. I have not changed anything size images, displayed by default. I can be missing something?

Español

Muchas gracias, pasó exactamente lo que describiste.  Asi que subí nuevamente la imagen y quedó perfecto.   Pero tengo otra consulta.   Haciendo pruebas con el Slider en el Top, veo que las imagenes quedan levemente corridas hacia la izquierda, fuera del margen.  No he modificado nada de tamaño de imágenes, aparece así por defecto.  Puedo estar pasando algo por alto ??

TestPage

sliderTop.jpg

Edited by Daviant (see edit history)

I cannot see the page now because the shop is in maintenance mode

no puedo ver la pagina porque ahora tienes la tienda en Modo de mantenimiento

I cannot see the page now because the shop is in maintenance mode

no puedo ver la pagina porque ahora tienes la tienda en Modo de mantenimiento

My apologies, now up

Mis disculpas, ahora está arriba

TestPage

ok that is because everyting in your theme header have a padding of 15px, you can try adding this to your global.css

#header .sliderFigo {
  padding: 0 15px;
}

ok that is because everyting in your theme header have a padding of 15px, you can try adding this to your global.css

#header .sliderFigo {

padding: 0 15px;

}

Thank you very much, it is perfect. It is a really complete, the most complete module I've seen so far. Great job :)

Muchas gracias,  queda perfecto.   Es un modulo realmente completo,  el mas completo que he visto hasta el momento.  Un gran trabajo :)

Excelente! Un gran trabajo!

Muchas gracias por compartirlo. :) :) :)

to install the module did you used a FTP client?

to open cms.tpl you need an FTP connection, it is located in your theme folder "themes/themeName".

1) Download the file and open it with a simple text editor like notepad on windows.

2) Copy/paste the snippet, save the file and put it back online.

that is all

after that you can edit your CMS pages from BO and choose which gallery to show from the page editor (there is a new "slider" option afer the meta title)

Sorry for the stupid question. I'm using PS 1.6.0.5. installed the module, activated the slider for categories

{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="3"}
	{if $category->id AND $category->active}

Category 3 is the Women category of PS demo store.

Noticed the following problems:

a) file category.tpl is not backed-up automatically (tried on 3 different shops, 3 different servers)

b )also after including the category to the file, cleared smarty cache and browser cache I cannot see any slider, nor any option to add or edit a slider to the category. After the meta description there is no option to select or add a slider. Also I cannot find where I prepare a slider for to be added. On module configuration there is no option for that. Can you please advise where to prepare the slider and how to add it ?

c) JS is needed for the slider ? On some mobile phones the slider is not working (tried gmdigital.it as demo).

Version of module used: latest.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

i can't help you with a, but for the slider, after install you will find a new menu under preferences (impostazioni), And which mobile phones have you tried? because i tried it with android and it works fine with the internal browser and with chrome, with iOS, safari and chrome and again fine, with a windows 8 phone internal ie and still fine.  ???

Sorry for the stupid question. I'm using PS 1.6.0.5. installed the module, activated the slider for categories

{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="3"}
	{if $category->id AND $category->active}
Category 3 is the Women category of PS demo store.

is always:

{hook h="DisplaySlidersPro" CAT="1"} not "3"

than you choose the category from backoffice

Noticed the following problems:

a) file category.tpl is not backed-up automatically (tried on 3 different shops, 3 different servers)

the only thing i can think of is the folder is not writable by the server maybe?

b )also after including the category to the file, cleared smarty cache and browser cache I cannot see any slider, nor any option to add or edit a slider to the category. After the meta description there is no option to select or add a slider. Also I cannot find where I prepare a slider for to be added. On module configuration there is no option for that. Can you please advise where to prepare the slider and how to add it ?

like benedettopresta said you have a new menu under preferences to create your sliders and assignin to categories. :)

the slider selecton under meta description is for CMS pages... not categories.

c) JS is needed for the slider ? On some mobile phones the slider is not working (tried gmdigital.it as demo).

Version of module used: latest.

yes obviously JavaScript is needed for every dynamic slider you can find on the internet, anyway every modern phone and tablet is perfectly capable of running JavaScrips.

many of your questions have alredy been answered in other pages of this thread, I hope to find the time to write a FAQ sooner or later :ph34r:

1 ) Changed the ID back to 1.

2 ) as per default all tpl files have chmod 0644. I will not change this, cause it is a security problem. I added the code manually and backed-up the original file by myself.

3) Yes I now, I found the option now. Added a new slider and also added some images (visible on /modules/homesliderpro/images), but I have still no slider on the page (see error on image sliders.jpg)  Cleared cache and smarty cache.

4) FAQ would be nice, cause there are too many features in PS 1.6. Impossible to check all them, if the configuration is not directly in the module.

5) tried with iPhone 4. On Android no problem and also not on windows mobile phones.

post-741527-0-30588600-1401097539_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-38990800-1401097541_thumb.jpg

644 is not a problem unless apache cannot read and write

In your case the server itself is not able to write or read his own folders and files, so you should allow writing at least the folder "images" inside modules/homsliderpro/ if not the module will not work.

edit: the error "the slide could not be added" may refer to some databse error, if you can try to enable dev mode maybe we will have more details.

CHMOD for /modules/homesliderprof is set to 755, same for /modules/homesliderprof/img/. Only the content of /img is set to 644.

Debug-modus:

Table 'selectsh_ps16x.ps_homesliderpro_slides' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO `ps_homesliderpro_slides` (`active`, `position`, `new_window`) VALUES ('1', '1', '0')

at line 623 in file classes/db/Db.php

617. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
618. 		}
619. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
620. 		{
621. 			if ($sql)
622. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
623. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
624. 		}
625. 	}
627. 	/**

DbCore->displayError - [line 313 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    DbCore->query - [line 597 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    DbCore->q - [line 378 - classes/db/Db.php] - [2 Arguments]
    DbCore->insert - [line 455 - classes/ObjectModel.php] - [3 Arguments]
    ObjectModelCore->add - [line 50 - modules/homesliderpro/HomeSlidePro.php] - [2 Arguments]
    HomeSlidePro->add - [line 693 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php]
    SlidersEverywhereController->_postProcess - [line 164 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php]
    SlidersEverywhereController->renderView - [line 1745 - classes/controller/AdminController.php]
    AdminControllerCore->initContent - [line 72 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php]
    SlidersEverywhereController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]
    ControllerCore->run - [line 373 - classes/Dispatcher.php]
    DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 54 - admin/index.php]

I don't understand why the module didn't added the tables to the database. I installed the module through the option modules -> load new -> loaded the gzip and installed it normally as other extra modules.

When I go back with browser tab than a second error appears:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Unknown column 'proslider' in 'where clause'

SELECT id_category FROM ps_category WHERE proslider= "cat_woman" LIMIT 1

at line 623 in file classes/db/Db.php

617. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
618. 		}
619. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
620. 		{
621. 			if ($sql)
622. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
623. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
624. 		}
625. 	}
627. 	/**

DbCore->displayError - [line 313 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    DbCore->query - [line 535 - classes/db/Db.php] - [1 Arguments]
    DbCore->getRow - [line 560 - classes/db/Db.php] - [2 Arguments]
    DbCore->getValue - [line 698 - modules/homesliderpro/homesliderpro.php] - [1 Arguments]
    HomeSliderPro->getCategoryIdBySlide - [line 255 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php] - [1 Arguments]
    SlidersEverywhereController->_displayForm - [line 179 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php]
    SlidersEverywhereController->renderView - [line 1745 - classes/controller/AdminController.php]
    AdminControllerCore->initContent - [line 72 - modules/homesliderpro/controllers/admin/SlidersEverywhere.php]
    SlidersEverywhereController->initContent - [line 180 - classes/controller/Controller.php]
    ControllerCore->run - [line 373 - classes/Dispatcher.php]
    DispatcherCore->dispatch - [line 54 - admin/index.php]

By the way before I tried to install the slider on my own server, I tried it directly on customer's server, and there also with the same problems. My hoster is OVH FR and the from customer is SSD Germany. So really distinct providers and server configuration.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

In fact on my database I see ps_homeslider, ps_homeslider_slides and ps_homeslider_slides_lang which I presume are for the homeslider default Prestashop. I will deinstall the module, install it again with debug modus on.

Well I don't know what happened. I uninstalled the module by erasing it from FTP and erasing the ID in ps_moduleXX.

Loaded the module unzipped to FTP and installed it. Now all is working without any problems. Could it be a language problem ? I turned my default language to English, before it was Portuguese-BR and on customer's server it was Portuguese-PT. Or could it be a problem of the zip ? Strange that on two distinct server the same problems occurred.

Thank you for the nice module. I'm now going to adapt the padding problem and terminate the customer's shop.

Glad you got it working,

it is very strange indeed, I tested with different languages, I will try with portugese on my server to see what happen. Thank you for reporting this :)

ps: you are on ps 1.6 correct?

i chose sliders appear in hook home and i view it unders products, i want to it appear under top menu

http://diy4vn.com/vn/

you can move the module position normally from backoffice (modules->positions) like any other module and place it on the top for the hook "home"

A function suggestion, would it be possible for you to add a collapsible symbol on every slide so that everytime i need to make a new slide or add new slide i don't have to scroll all the way down, i'm putting a different slide on every category and it is getting long, so the once that are done i could collapse them, and get them out of the way, and if need to change i can reopen them. What do you think?

yes that is a good idea, I was thinking to something similar too, right now I'm cleaning the code and optimizing perfomance. But something like that will  appear in one of the next releases.

Also I would like to ask to everyone using this module on a live site if you want to share the url of your shop. I would like to add a small list of the best sites using it on first page.

z-index problem, give your menu a greater z-index

the arrows have z-index 150

yes that is a good idea, I was thinking to something similar too, right now I'm cleaning the code and optimizing perfomance. But something like that will  appear in one of the next releases.

Also I would like to ask to everyone using this module on a live site if you want to share the url of your shop. I would like to add a small list of the best sites using it on first page.

Hi Misthero, our site is http://www.goodshopping.tv

Thank you for your great job!