[UPDATED V1.3 (Alot more features)] Product Quick View FREE VERSION PS 1.5+

mast3rillusion

BEST UPDATE YET :Product Quick View V1.3 Free Version

About this module
Product Quick View module adds a very awesome way for your customers to quickly view products without leaving the page they are on.

FREE VERSION FEATURES

• Default product theme in Quick View.
  • Customers can add products to "Favorites" inside the Product Quick View.
  • Customers can add products to "Wishlist" inside the Product Quick View.
  • Product tabs inside the product Quick View.

New FREE VERSION Features:

• Module configuration page has been added.
  • Product slideshow inside Product Quick View.
  • Change product image size.
  • Change product thumbnail size.
  • Enable/ disable thumbnails.
  • Enable/disable product image FancyBox.
  • Enable/disable product tabs. (Product description will be used in its place.)
  • Change border color, size, and type of the tab contents.
  • Change tab content background-color.
  • Change tab content font settings.

FULL VERSION FEATURES.

• Customers can add products to "Favorites" inside the Product Quick View.
  • Customers can add products to "Wishlist" inside the Product Quick View.
  • Product tabs inside the product Quick View.
  • Product slideshow inside Product Quick View.
  • Customers can comment on product inside Product Quick View (if Product Comments module is installed.)
  • Customers can ask questions about product inside Product Quick View (if Q&As Block (by NEMO) module is installed.)
  • Attractive JQuery UI popup for when add to cart button is pressed in Product Quick View.

New FULL VERSION Features:

• Module configuration page has been added.
  • 5+ JQuery UI Dialog box themes to choose from in configuration page.
  • Change product image size.
  • Change product thumbnail size.
  • Enable/ disable thumbnails.
  • Enable/disable product image FancyBox.
  • Enable/disable product tabs. (Product description will be used in its place.)
  • Change border color, size, and type of the tab contents.
  • Change tab content background-color.
  • Change tab content font settings.
  • Change a number of style settings with a simple mouse click.

(*More features are being added daily (FULL VERSION not released yet.*)

Please comment if you have feature request and or questions.

Tested with prestashop 1.5+

Screenshots

The link that gets added to product list (FREE & PAID VERSIONS):
post-763281-0-66803200-1392961117_thumb.png

The link that gets added to most product blocks on homepage (FREE & PAID VERSIONS):
post-763281-0-35731200-1393045376_thumb.png

FREE VERSION Screenshots

The display of the "Product Quick View":

post-763281-0-20859100-1393465172_thumb.png

The "Configuration" page of "Product Quick View":

post-763281-0-44921000-1393465213_thumb.png

Product tabs inside "Product Quick View":

post-763281-0-28033600-1393465275_thumb.png

FULL VERSION Screenshots

The display of the dialog after add to cart button is clicked:

post-763281-0-94477300-1393465401_thumb.png

Installation Instructions:

• Install Product Quick View module like any other module
  • Click the "Configure" link under the module listing to change default module settings.
  • The module should be ready to go (If the product quick view links do not display continue to the next set of steps)

If Product Quick View links do not show up after installation:
This happens due to modified theme templates, simply follow these steps!

1:(For product list):

• Go to your theme directory and open product-list.tpl and add these following lines of code above the {/foreach} statement where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:   
    <a class="iframe colorbox button lnk_view" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$product.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

2:(For Home Featured):

• Go to your theme directory and then go to modules folder and then homefeatured folder and open homefeatured.tpl and add these following lines of code below the product description code where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:   
    <a class="iframe colorbox lnk_more" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$product.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

3:(For New Products):

• Go to your theme directory and then go to modules folder and then blocknewproducts folder and open blocknewproducts.tpl and add these following lines of code above the last {/foreach} statement where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:   
    <a class="iframe colorbox lnk_more" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL[/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$newproduct.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

If you've completed the steps above correctly then the links should display- the module is ready to go!

NEW FREE VERSION RELEASED

Product Quick View Version 1.3

productquickview.zip

Version Changelog:
V1.2:

• Fix a couple of serious bugs (Links showing up with localhost in them, ect).
  • Module does not require other modules now.

V1.3:

• Added alot of configuration settings: example: color settings, tab settings.
  • Finish product dialog box (FULL VERSION ONLY)
  • Added FancyBox (slideshow) to FREE VERSION.
  • Fixed more bugs.

Upcoming Features in V1.4:

• Make installation more easier for modified theme templates (still working hard on this).
  • Make a feature request if you would like other things added and I will add them for the next version release
Edited by mast3rillusion (see edit history)

Great! May be will be better pop up product window to be more weighly.

I don`t understend what everything need to be pop up. I like quick view to be more like http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com

Respect to your work

Thanks, I will be prosting the module sometime today, the free version will have a popup telling you to upgrade. The full (paid) version will be $100. As for what you dont understand, I basically mean everything that is shown in the colorbox is 100% functional. For instance when you click yellow for ipod nano, the ipod nano image then switches to yellow. To better help you understand i will try to get a demo up today.

My mistake. Not what -> why

I wait to see it how work and i will try free version.

What will be included in free version and what in paid? (i understand for pop up in free one but we talking in backend pop up windows in module section right?)

I dislike everything that pop up. That`s the reason to show you kershaw knives site. There quick view is very elegant included in product list without pop up function.

"when add to cart button is pressed colorbox disappears and a jquery ui dialog box pops up to notify user that the product has been added to the cart and the cart gets automatically refreshed to show the new products without page reload" that is cool!

100$ for something the will be included in up coming presta 1.6 by default... ?

I will watching your topic and progress.

Regards from Bulgaria

/Detelin Markov

My mistake. Not what -> why I wait to see it how work and i will try free version. What will be included in free version and what in paid? (i understand for pop up in free one but we talking in backend pop up windows in module section right?) I dislike everything that pop up. That`s the reason to show you kershaw knives site. There quick view is very elegant included in product list without pop up function. "when add to cart button is pressed colorbox disappears and a jquery ui dialog box pops up to notify user that the product has been added to the cart and the cart gets automatically refreshed to show the new products without page reload" that is cool! 100$ for something the will be included in up coming presta 1.6 by default... ? I will watching your topic and progress. Regards from Bulgaria /Detelin Markov

I have released the free version now. Try it out and tell me what you think.

God morning

I download and try to test it but... error!

post-335617-0-57041300-1393053814_thumb.png

post-335617-0-93662200-1393053839_thumb.png

My test shop using 1.5.6.1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I look your screenshots and my opinion from there pictures is:

1. If you think free version to have this red line on top of pop up... this make your module unuseful! No one want client to see something info for modules or other core stuff.

2. Product fancy box - this should be disabled - my opinion.

3. pops up to notification for successfully added product in cart - do you test presta 1.6? see how look this pop up there. Your look to small on the big screen. Add product picture and attribution for product, why not more info for cart like: number of product in cart, total cost and shipping cost in this pop up. 

- I personally follow Milosz (mypresta.eu - one of moderators here) tutorial and add bottom bar to notify clients for successfully added product in cart - i like more bar instead pop up windows. You can see for what i talking about in one of my test shop - testzone.detelinmarkov.com

4. Instead this ugly (1) top (red) information in free module: In free module you can include only this feature 

• Allows your customers a to view more information about a certian product without having to actually go to the product page.

Other features you can include in pay version of modules:

• Product slideshow inside the product quick view.
  • Customers can comment on products easeir from within product quick view.
  • Product tabs inside the product quick view.
  • Nice JQuery UI dialog box popup to notify user that the product has been added to the cart if the user clicks the add to cart button inside the product quick view.

About this "Beautiful and attractive design to help bring in more customers" - You use default presta 1.5 design theme what is so attractive and beautiful? You can make more attractive design that should be included in pay version.

See and test prestashop 1.6 beta to understand me better for critics verdict - presta 1.6 default theme will have quick view and notification pop up windows after successfully added product in cart.

I will stay tuned for fix to test you module and tell more when i can see it working in my test shop. 

Regards

Detelin Markov

God morning

I download and try to test it but... error!

attachicon.gifdetelin-markov091934.png

attachicon.gifdetelin-markov092219.png

My test shop using 1.5.6.1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I look your screenshots and my opinion from there pictures is:

1. If you think free version to have this red line on top of pop up... this make your module unuseful! No one want client to see something info for modules or other core stuff.

Thanks for your opinion Detelin :D

I have fixed the module , it should work on you're test shop now.

I have took into consideration what you have said and I agree 100%!

I took out the red lines in FREE VERSION and i posted a new screenshot of it.

2. Product fancy box - this should be disabled - my opinion.

This has been disabled in FREE VERSION and it will be optional in FULL VERSION.

3. pops up to notification for successfully added product in cart - do you test presta 1.6? see how look this pop up there. Your look to small on the big screen. Add product picture and attribution for product, why not more info for cart like: number of product in cart, total cost and shipping cost in this pop up.

- I personally follow Milosz (mypresta.eu - one of moderators here) tutorial and add bottom bar to notify clients for successfully added product in cart - i like more bar instead pop up windows. You can see for what i talking about in one of my test shop - testzone.detelinmarkov.com

This will be implemented in the FULL VERSION and it also will be optional (If you would rather use you're bar :D).

I have taken the Popup Box out of the FREE VERSION.

4. Instead this ugly (1) top (red) information in free module: In free module you can include only this feature 

• Allows your customers a to view more information about a certian product without having to actually go to the product page.

The ugly red bar has been taken out of the FREE VERSION and I used you're ideal to make the FULL VERSION be the feature rich one.

Other features you can include in pay version of modules:

• Product slideshow inside the product quick view.
  • Customers can comment on products easeir from within product quick view.
  • Product tabs inside the product quick view.
  • Nice JQuery UI dialog box popup to notify user that the product has been added to the cart if the user clicks the add to cart button inside the product quick view.

These features will be in the FULL VERSION also, regular product tabs are in the FREE VERSION as well but they do not include commenting.

About this "Beautiful and attractive design to help bring in more customers" - You use default presta 1.5 design theme what is so attractive and beautiful? You can make more attractive design that should be included in pay version.

See and test prestashop 1.6 beta to understand me better for critics verdict - presta 1.6 default theme will have quick view and notification pop up windows after successfully added product in cart.

I will stay tuned for fix to test you module and tell more when i can see it working in my test shop. 

Regards

Detelin Markov

You are right about the theme and I did plan on making the FULL VERSION have a custom theme so this will also be implemented in the FULL VERSION module.

I also tested Prestashop 1.6 and I see what you are talking about, This will be implemented in the FULL VERSION and it will also be optional in the configuration of the module. The popup will include the products image, attributes and options, price, ect. I will post screenshots of the FULL VERSION when I complete it.

I have posted the new FREE VERSION for you and others to test out. Please comment back and tell me you're results.

Best Regards,

M@ST3r_iLLuSioN

I installed successfully but for this purpose in need to install two other modules (that i don`t use - will be better if users don`t have need to install something that can`t use) whatever. Install wishlist and favorite products and then success install your module. But i don`t see links in home featured, or product list. I make many changes on theme that i tested - try to show everything that is in default template but again no links.

Now i have problems with my hosting and later i will test again latter or tomorrow on new instalation- or will search in your code, code that will call links and i try to inserted in my theme.

P.S: I thinking for tabs...By my opinion they don`t be in this module - or need to be optional feature in both modules (free and full versions) because this module is quick view right? What mean quick view? Most inportant information about product, not whole product page in pop up.

Regards from Bulgaria

/ Detelin 

I installed successfully but for this purpose in need to install two other modules (that i don`t use - will be better if users don`t have need to install something that can`t use) whatever. Install wishlist and favorite products and then success install your module. But i don`t see links in home featured, or product list. I make many changes on theme that i tested - try to show everything that is in default template but again no links.

Now i have problems with my hosting and later i will test again latter or tomorrow on new instalation- or will search in your code, code that will call links and i try to inserted in my theme.

P.S: I thinking for tabs...By my opinion they don`t be in this module - or need to be optional feature in both modules (free and full versions) because this module is quick view right? What mean quick view? Most inportant information about product, not whole product page in pop up.

Regards from Bulgaria

/ Detelin 

Since your theme is heavily modified follow these steps:

Step 1:(For product list):

• Go to your theme directory and open product-list.tpl and add these following lines of code above the {/foreach} statement where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:    <a class="iframe colorbox button lnk_view" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$product.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

Step 2:(For Home Featured):

• Go to your theme directory and then go to modules folder and then homefeatured folder and open homefeatured.tpl and add these following lines of code below the product description code where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:    <a class="iframe colorbox lnk_more" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$product.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

Step 3:(For New Products):

• Go to your theme directory and then go to modules folder and then blocknewproducts folder and open blocknewproducts.tpl and add these following lines of code above the last {/foreach} statement where YOUR_URL is your domain or if testing- it is "localhost"
  • THE CODE:    <a class="iframe colorbox lnk_more" onclick="javascript:quickviewSession();" href="YOUR_URL/modules/productquickview/ajax.php?id_product={$newproduct.id_product}" title="{l s='Product Quick View'}">{l s='Product Quick View'}</a>

These steps will add the link. Try it out and let me know what you think. I hope this fixes your problems and I hope you like this module.

As far as the product tabs if i remove it then I would have to have the product description and features on the page, which would make the Quick View page very long. Also for certain products, the features or "data sheet" info is very important.

If I do make the tabs optional, how do you think I should go about making the theme for the disabled tabs? Example: Just erase tabs and leave the short description, or erase tabs and put product features text in its place?

Hi again

About tabs, my logic is (like merchant and little dev.) quick view -> short description. Erase tabs and leave short description. Other way is to show only data sheet when product have it but only there.

Now i install successfully your module to one other test installation. I don`t have a need to install other modules (clap). Working fine in default 1.5.6.1 installation using default template but only in product list!

After test on default theme i go to one theme that i using (in one of my projects bijutaniki.com) and: When theme is modified links not show on. I try to add it now and in product list is show on but working like button, not like text.

I add little css to style with using your class name. Without add css your links associate like button and get style from global.css

Try several times to add but without success. (try to add after price)

I`m not trying to add in new products page.

May be working perfect with default theme, but who use default theme in old list style? Your module use home_default picture and if this picture is with different dimensions of default one is little messy. I use 480x480px home_default picture and you can see what i looking when pop up show on. Thing about that, may be is better users to add new image dimensions that will be used only from this module.

You use a class... Will be better to be more simple like : <span class="quickview">Product Quick View</span>  - Then merchant (dev) more easy will be adding style to this link.

You can see what i test in tz.detelinmarkov.com 

And i attach some screens:

post-335617-0-34002100-1393169101_thumb.pngpost-335617-0-06028700-1393169114_thumb.pngpost-335617-0-73899700-1393169127_thumb.pngpost-335617-0-84133600-1393169145_thumb.pngpost-335617-0-41410500-1393169161_thumb.png

Hi again

About tabs, my logic is (like merchant and little dev.) quick view -> short description. Erase tabs and leave short description. Other way is to show only data sheet when product have it but only there.

Now i install successfully your module to one other test installation. I don`t have a need to install other modules (clap). Working fine in default 1.5.6.1 installation using default template but only in product list!

After test on default theme i go to one theme that i using (in one of my projects bijutaniki.com) and: When theme is modified links not show on. I try to add it now and in product list is show on but working like button, not like text.

I add little css to style with using your class name. Without add css your links associate like button and get style from global.css

Try several times to add but without success. (try to add after price)

I`m not trying to add in new products page.

May be working perfect with default theme, but who use default theme in old list style? Your module use home_default picture and if this picture is with different dimensions of default one is little messy. I use 480x480px home_default picture and you can see what i looking when pop up show on. Thing about that, may be is better users to add new image dimensions that will be used only from this module.

You use a class... Will be better to be more simple like : <span class="quickview">Product Quick View</span>  - Then merchant (dev) more easy will be adding style to this link.

You can see what i test in tz.detelinmarkov.com 

And i attach some screens:

attachicon.gifdetelin-markov135338.pngattachicon.gifdetelin-markov135426.pngattachicon.gifdetelin-markov135436.pngattachicon.gifdetelin-markov170452.pngattachicon.gifdetelin-markov170642.png

Thanks for your reply and helping me test this module I really appreciate it Detelin.

I am working very hard to implement everything you said, it might take a little bit of time but as soon as I get it done I will post the new version and we can continue testing and finding bugs, ect. Thanks again :D

Best Regards,

mast3rillusion

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mast3rillusion,

I am also getting the same error that ' Detelin ' got while installing this module. Here, is the error.

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - productquickview : 
    The version of your module is not compliant with your PrestaShop version.

Kindly help me. I am using version 1.5.6.1

Thanking you

I am also agree with Josraso.....I am also getting the same two errors that his gets while implementing this module...Can't get product as popup instead i get front-office as popup... Kindly help..My version is 1.5.6.1..

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I wish I could still maintain this module but my computer has been rebuilt 3 times since then, and Ive suffered alot of data loss on things. I might be interested in starting it up again but it would have to be a total rewrite. Are you guys in need of this module for your store? As a developer of more than 7 computer languages, I love to code and it is my passion. I am willing to help in any kind of custom module creation for FREE. As long as you link to my site. Send me a message. Oh and sorry it took way to long to write back, I totally forgot about this little project of mine because I made my own ecommerce site and stopped working with PrestaShop.