Attributes questions

Hi, I sell refurbished used computers on my store. I have recently been trying to get attributes to work for us but am finding it difficult. Here is what i would like it to do.

When someone buys one of our computers i want to give them the option of either a barebones system without software or pay extra to receive them with software preinstalled.

example

I have 1 Dell latitude D800 for sale. I want to sell it at £160 without software or £175 with software.

So i set up an attributes group for software, and created two attributes in there. One of No software and another of Software preinstalled.

I added them both to the product the No software one makes no difference to the price and the software preinstalled adds an additional £15.

The problem i am having though is that doing this creates a stock level of 2 when i only have one product for sale. If I changed the quantity of No software attibute to 0 but then the front office says that its out of stock and only lets you order it with software preinstalled.

How do you set it so that the attributes don't alter the stock level just the price? I have been looking at the setting but cannot seem to find anywhere to change this. I am using Prestashop Version 1.1.0.5

Any help will be much appreciated

It is not possible to do what you want using the Back Office. It would require extensive coding changes. I have done something similar before by replacing all quantities with a simple choice between "Available" and "Not available", so that you don't have to worry about "out of stock" messages anymore, but it is hard to explain how to do it here.

• 2 months later...

I see that we can increase or reduce price of attribute, but can we offer sale price or promo price to those different attributes?

More specifically, here's an example:

T-Shirts (Normal Price $10.00)
------------------------------------
Small
Medium
Large
2X-Large (+ 6.00) - Reduction of $1.50 (New Sale)
3X-Large (+ 6.00) - Reduction of $1.50 (New Sale)