ckarone

[Free module] Specials, new products and best sales of the current category

Hi all,

Here is my latest module to display Specials, new products and best sales of the current category on top of category.

This module is 1.4.7 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.2 compatible

Exemple : 

post-11326-0-73032600-1392823030_thumb.jpg

Installing PS 1.4: 

0 / Make a backup of your files before! 

1 / Add a hook {$HOOK_EXTR_CATEGORY} in themes/your_theme/category.tpl wherever you want, but I suggest you to put it before {if isset ($ subcategories)} 

2 / Add the hook via override in ovrride/controller/CategoryController.php with this code:

<?php

class CategoryController extends CategoryControllerCore
{
public function process()
{
parent::process();
self::$smarty->assign('HOOK_EXTR_CATEGORY', Module::hookExec('categoryExtrHook'));
}
}

?>

3 / Before to go,  add Product.php override  class that is in the zip (ps14/override/classes/Product.php) 

If you already have this file, you simply add the two methods in your override/classes/Product.php/Product.php

Installing PS 1.5: 

0 / Make a backup of your files before! 

1 / Add a hook hook {h = 'categoryExtrHook' mod = 'catmerchandising'} in themes/your_theme/category.tpl , wherever you want, but I suggest you put it before {if isset ($ subcategories) } 

2 / Before to go, add Product.php override the class that is in the zip (ps15/override/classes/Product.php) in your_site/override/classes/product.php.

If you already have this a file override/classes/Product.php, do not crush it, simply add the two methods in your Product.php, you need to copy the code from line 7 until 285 in catmerchandising/ps15/override/classes/product.php and paste it into your override/classes/product.php.

A final tip, clear your cache and force the compilation.

The module : catmerchandising.zip

Ckarone

Edited by ckarone (see edit history)

Hi,

I download your module but I can't use it for left column. Should I do something for this??

Thanks in advance