Removing text "Add to cart" from Add_to_cart button, keep the image

Salus

Hi everyone, I need some help again, i tried getting answer in another topic, but I see I am forced to make a new one. SO, I am 

I'd like to KEEP the add to cart button in product LIST view, but remove the ADD TO CART text and leave only the CART itself as a funtional button. I need this to have more space in the list and for a more clear design. I tried removing the label form product_list.tpl, but its not working. What exactly do I have to modify in the tpl to remove the text? But i also want the leave the button intact on the produt.tpl itself.

I have the "force compilation" activated in backpanel.

i think the thing is set somewhere here: 

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}

{if isset($static_token)}

<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart',false, NULL, "add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}&token={$static_token}", false)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='NONE'}"><span style="width: 48px; height: 48px;"></span>{l s='Add to cart'}</a>

{else}

<a class="button ajax_add_to_cart_button exclusive" rel="ajax_id_product_{$product.id_product|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart',false, NULL, "add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}", false)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='Add to cart'}"><span style="width: 48px; height: 48px;"></span>{l s='Add to cart'}</a>

{/if}

{else}

<span class="exclusive"><span style="top: -4px; left: -37px; width: 48px; height: 48px;"></span>{l s='Add to cart'}</span><br />

{/if}

I wish I'd knew some smarty....

I have read this http://mypresta.eu/en/art/developer/how-to-change-add-to-cart-button-size-on-product-page.html from vekia, but that refers to the products.tpl, so i could change things in th product view itself

But There is no INPUT value in the products-list.tpl file. Please help me understand: why product-list.tpl and product.tpl doesnt look and work the same?

Thanks in advance

Or is it related to some other file? global.css? After my experiments I can say that the above code does nothing to the text, only to the image. I'm too old for this....

Edited by Salus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, vekia, sorry for not replying to last post, I was away from the prestashop thing and doing something completely different for a few days. So, yes, I will share this url, but right now I converted everything back to default theme, first I have to upload data (wich is a lot of data, about 3000 products), and after that I`ll return to design and positioning stuff. Right now the shop is closed and I`m working only on the data upload. We decided to launch the shop with default theme, and polish on the design later, it takes too much time for someone who is not professional - like me :) 

• 6 months later...

you're welcome :)

glad to hear that i could help you

may i know how it looks without this text? can you share url ?

Hi Veika I used the feature Preferences--> Products --> Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes in PS 1.6.0.9 I just disable it its working for accessories ok Add to cart button gone but on product listing its still displaying. WHat can be the issue