[MODULE] Cryptocurrency - Accept payments in Bitcoins, Litecoins, Dogecoins, etc. - Free Modules & Themes - PrestaShop

Photo

[MODULE] Cryptocurrency - Accept payments in Bitcoins, Litecoins, Dogecoins, etc.

cryptocurrency crypto currency payment payments method bitcoin litecoin dogecoin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hi people,

With this module you will be able to set up any number of cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin as a payment method for your shop. *NEW: Added auto update for Bitcoin and Dogecoin conversion rates*.

Your customers will be shown the wallet address where they have to make the transaction at the end of the checkout process, and they also will be sent an email with similar instructions (very similar to the Bank Wire module). However, unlike the Bank Wire module, you can set as many cryptocurrencies as you like (and therefore as many wallets as you like).

Please note that you will have to process the payments and orders manually just like in the "Bank Wire" method.

For Bitcoin, I added an auto-update feature for the conversion rate in 1.0.2. For other cryptocurrencies, you will have to change the exchange rate between these currencies and your main currency in your shop manually (or with another module). In the readme file included all this is explained step by step.

How to install: follow instructions in "readme.txt" please.

This module is based on the "Bank Wire" module by Prestashop, which works with 1.5.x versions. Not tested with 1.4.x versions or earlier.

Please leave a message if this module works for you and also if you want to help with translations or bug fixes for it.

Thanks!

Source code: https://github.com/v...rency_ps_module

Version history: 1.0.0 Initial release.

Version history: 1.0.1 Fixed zip, now contains the "cryptocurrency" folder, just copy it in your /modules folder.

Version history: 1.0.2 Added auto update for Bitcoin conversion rate.

Version history: 1.0.3 Added auto update for Dogecoin conversion rate.

*Edit 1: added screenshot of the orders made with cryptos.

Attached Files

Edited by vblanch, 07 April 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

jacksleep

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 Active Posts

Hi

Are you planning to integrate automatic exchange rate?

Thank you

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hi

Thank you

Hi there,

I'm thinking of making a module for that. However since I accept donations for my free modules and so far I got none, I guess I will have to make it a paid module.

However, if you want to modify the "Bitcoin ticker" program, you could easily use it to update the database and have an automated exchange rate on every visit.

Edited by vblanch, 20 February 2014 - 01:03 AM.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hi

Thank you

Automatic exchange rate added for Bitcoin. Exchange rate is auto-updated every time a customer chooses Bitcoin as the cart currency and reloads any page (I hooked the module to the displayHeader hook)

Enjoy :-)

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

eHoko.es

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 Active Posts

Fantastic, thanks a lot,

waiting for a dogecoin auto-update, as I can´t do it myself

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Fantastic, thanks a lot,

waiting for a dogecoin auto-update, as I can´t do it myself

Hi,

I found that some guys on Reddit posted a snippet to take the USD value from moolah and coinmill of DOGE, I will add it soon... very currency, such value wow!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

coffeeroastersclub

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Active Posts

Hello.  I installed the model and followed your setup directions, however when doing a test I got the following remark:

"No payment modules have been installed."

I am running 1.5.6.2

Please advise why this would occur.  I followed your readme.tx to the T.

Thanks,

Len

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hello.  I installed the model and followed your setup directions, however when doing a test I got the following remark:

"No payment modules have been installed."

I am running 1.5.6.2

Please advise why this would occur.  I followed your readme.tx to the T.

Thanks,

Len

Hi Len,

Go to Modules. Search for Cryptocurrency module.

Does it show there? If it does, check that the module is installed. If the word "Install" on a button right of the module, it's not installed.

Install it, then search again for the module. Check it's activated. If not active, activate it.

Then press the "Configure" button (same as before, search for it).

Make sure you have the currencies you want created also.

Hope this helps you somehow! I installed and uninstalled the module several times and it works for me, but I need people to try it.

Thanks

Victor

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

basskitchenrecords.com

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Active Posts

Easy. downloaded, added, installed, configured and tested! Thank you for this module!

Because we are only going to accept bitcoins, I would like to adjust it a little bit with text & graphics - hope you don't mind!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Easy. downloaded, added, installed, configured and tested! Thank you for this module!

Because we are only going to accept bitcoins, I would like to adjust it a little bit with text & graphics - hope you don't mind!

Hi there basskitchenrecords.com!

Thanks for testing the module. If you find any bug or problem let me know.

You can adjust everything you like of it, it's open software and based on a Prestashop module.

There are 2 logos inside the module folder (for bitcoin and dogegoin) but you can use another if you like.

Keep in mind the email templates, you must copy them in mails/{language code}, in your case the templates have been automatically copied to mails/en, but you must also copy them to mails/gb. You will also want to customize the templates and make some tests about how they are displayed to the customers.

Cheers

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Geek Irun

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Active Posts

Hi! It is easy to install and use, but: Is there any options to get more decimals only in Bitcoins?

I saw some tutorials to change this value, but they work for all currencies...

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hi! It is easy to install and use, but: Is there any options to get more decimals only in Bitcoins?

I saw some tutorials to change this value, but they work for all currencies...

Hi Geek Irun, thanks for trying the module. I guess you could do it for all currencies and then hide the extra decimals on the other currencies. You could use css/javascript for that. Or you could change the Prestashop code to do that. Maybe finding the smarty template and adding a conditional there.

Show your shop and maybe me or somebody else can give you a solution :-)

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Geek Irun

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 Active Posts

I'm just starting a new project and the shop I've installed is only with the demo DB, so I'm not the best tester...

I've no templates or anything rare installed, but I'm curious about BitCoins and I want to start selling online, but thank you for your interest.

If I can help you or be a tester, feel free to ask me and I will try anything you need ;-)

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Cryptocurrency lover

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Active Posts

Hello, I try today your module, thanxs for your work, but I've a small problem :

When I try a test payment, it start to work fine, but after click on "Place my order", I get the link :

index.php?fc=module&module=cryptocurrency&controller=validation

And the page stay empty, with noting.

I was using 1.5.3 or 1.5.4 prestashop, I've uprgraded to 1.5.6.2 and I've still the problem.

Sometime, I've the following error in a popup during 1 second :

1394316627-error.gif

Anyway, like you say  cryptocurrencies can have big fluctuations inconversion rates, so do you think it's possible to use this rate for auto-update coins values  http://coinmarketcap.com/ ?

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

aun4some1

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 Active Posts

Where can i edit the picture and title of this module that shows on checkout page.

I only want to accept bitcoins so how can i change the title [PAY WITH A CRYPTOCURRENCY (ORDER PROCESS WILL BE LONGER)] and the icon logo with this title.

One thing more i want to do is, i want to change the decimal place to 4 or 5 for bitcoins (BTC) currency only. It is because i have almost all products on my store less then $10 USD and when bitcoins exchange the rate with USDs, the price shows like "$0.00" or "$0.01". I think it is possible to change the decimal numbers for specific currency. So let me know please how can i do it.

By the way your module is awesome and perfect for all those who have wallet other then bitpay. It is exactly i was looking for from last 3 days :) Thank you for your all efforts, it's really appreciable.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Hello, I try today your module, thanxs for your work, but I've a small problem :

When I try a test payment, it start to work fine, but after click on "Place my order", I get the link :

index.php?fc=module&module=cryptocurrency&controller=validation

And the page stay empty, with noting.

I was using 1.5.3 or 1.5.4 prestashop, I've uprgraded to 1.5.6.2 and I've still the problem.

Sometime, I've the following error in a popup during 1 second :

1394316627-error.gif

Anyway, like you say  cryptocurrencies can have big fluctuations inconversion rates, so do you think it's possible to use this rate for auto-update coins values  http://coinmarketcap.com/ ?

Hi there,

sorry, I don't think I can replicate your error. Please try the "BankWire" module and check that it works ok, since this module is almost identical to BankWire.

And yes, you could addapt the module to check the price from coinarketcap. But you must edit the code. :-)

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Where can i edit the picture and title of this module that shows on checkout page.

I only want to accept bitcoins so how can i change the title [PAY WITH A CRYPTOCURRENCY (ORDER PROCESS WILL BE LONGER)] and the icon logo with this title.

One thing more i want to do is, i want to change the decimal place to 4 or 5 for bitcoins (BTC) currency only. It is because i have almost all products on my store less then $10 USD and when bitcoins exchange the rate with USDs, the price shows like "$0.00" or "$0.01". I think it is possible to change the decimal numbers for specific currency. So let me know please how can i do it.

By the way your module is awesome and perfect for all those who have wallet other then bitpay. It is exactly i was looking for from last 3 days :) Thank you for your all efforts, it's really appreciable.

Hi,

you must search inside the module folder, the images are there. You just need to replace them.

To add more decimals to prices check: http://www.prestasho...-the-buy-block/

Then you can customize your .tpl files to "round" prices in other currencies, for example. However if you only want to sell in Bitcoins that won't be a problem.

The "Pay with cryptocurrency" text can be edited within the module. Just search for the string and replace it :-)

And you are welcome, thanks for trying the module. If you feel like helping the development, feel free to make a donation (in the config page of the module says how).

Cheers

Edited by vblanch, 29 March 2014 - 07:53 PM.

LBM

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

LBM

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Active Posts

Up please.
i don't have problem with Bank Wire module but with this yes. 

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

vblanch

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 Active Posts

Up please.
i don't have problem with Bank Wire module but with this yes. 

Hi LBM,

please tell me what's your problem with the module, so I can help you.

Cheers

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:57 PM

Michel (Ekimia SAS)

PrestaShop Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 Active Posts

Hi thanks for this Free module ! 

I guess it should preinstalled in prestashop by default.

I will test it right now and give feeback :-) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to use our cookies.     Learn more