Shipping in two boxes help please..

Hi, i need some help, please. I can pay for it.

I want to send one product in two boxes by fedex.

It's a bench one pack it's gonna be the top and the other one
the legs.

just like this magento module: 

Example: 

Pack 1 
Top: 24" x 48"

Pack: 2 

Legs: 30" long.

and i need calculation in real time by fedex. Need to merge size and weight of the two packs.

I need help please!!

This is my website.  https://www.apeco.us/
Edited by palotkt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

The default FedEx module that comes with PrestaShop works on weight alone which gives you an approximate shipping cost when using multiple boxes -- I used it for a few months and shipping 150lbs in 2 75lb boxes vs shipping it as one 150lb box was basically the same cost (+/- $5).

I didn't really care about the shipping being off by a few dollars but the problem with this is that FedEx has a max weight for a single box that I believe was 300lbs and we had orders exceeding that weight that would ship out in multiple boxes but this would result in no shipping quote from FedEx as the API would reject the box as being too heavy. My solution was to switch to  Presto Chango's FedEx Module which handles multiple boxes.

https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-shipping-modules/137-prestashop-fedex-module.html

The problem is that this will not fix your one product in multiple boxes problem since it is for figuring out how to get multiple products into the best combination of boxes. To address your issue without getting into custom work you'd need to use the Presto Chango module + figure out a way to treat the table as two products using something like a product pack.  I've never used packs but it should get you where you want to go.