exadra37

[Contribution] - XLS2SQL - Mass Update Program to Import from Excel to SQL.

As I know from my other post's I found this program here in our forum http://www.prestasho...ewthread/19368/, but not working as it should with our database.

Without knowledge of Excel, let alone Visual Basic needed to spend about 15 hours a day from Monday 3 to date (3rd Fair 01h00m) and only stopped on Saturday afternoon and all Sunday ...

12948_5cEujae9IrhRSiN6u4sl_t

Greatly enhances the program level of operation and layout:

1. Now have boxes prompts for all possible operating errors.

2. Check box for operation of the START and CLEAR buttons.

3. Some fields have become mandatory to improve the functioning of the program.

4. The functionality of the Header parameter has to be selected by placing the word Yes or No.

5. Program in Multi-Language English / Portuguese.

6. Ability to name each worksheet of the program.

7. Increased the number of leaves available to work and eliminated the sheet Standard.

8. Added explanations to the operation of the program.

9. Increased the desktop screen.

10. I changed the position of the buttons START and CLEAR.

11. Etc.

Try and do not forget to say if you smile to results.

The program was modified in Excel 2007 and has not been tested in Excel 97-2003.

If you find any bugs or have any questions just put here wink

This is the new file that can be downloaded...

XLS2SQv2.0 Excel97-2003 English - prestashop.xls.zip

XLS2SQv2.0 Excel97-2003.xls

XLS2SQL - Original Version.xls

Don´t forget to let the credits for me and for the original developer :)

Sure, I am the original poster jaja

:lol: off course you are :red:

I post and don´t recognize you has the owner off the topic where i find the program :P

Thanks

Amazing job man!

It take to many hours to do that program :ahhh:

Since we can´t duplicate categories in Prestashop i am trying to do in Excel unlimited categories at once :bug:

No more need to do that boring job of make many categories one by one in back office :)

Good night

I am used your xls but.... how you import the decimal number? 1,56-> change to 1,00

I need your help

Thanks in advance

Can you give me more details?

If you want, is better to give me the file, so that i use in my computer to see what is the problem.

Thanks

Thanks for your replay. Sorry you don´t understand me. I´m spanish and my english is... well. XD
I have, in prestashop database, decimal prices.
The program converts them to text and insert it into phomyadmin converts it to integer.
For example, a price of 1,65 (o1.65, I tried both) it goes to .Txt as '1, 65 '('1 .65').
When taken as text, phpmyadmin (sqldbxadmin) converts to 1. Just put the whole.
How I can fix this in Excel 3000 rows? XD

35050_qcsDUMOgbKFdMHegjPAu_t

35051_eqNWBM0ZxujsjAgNnt5t_t

My program generate the file with the correct values (1,m65) but your problem is when you import the file to database and the 1.65 become 1 .... if the problem is this you must have a problem in the format in the fields off your database or you use the wrong iso code code when you import the file to database.

Send me the file by PM so that i can test.

You were right.
The problem was the type of table.
Thanks for all.

I am hoping this still works, great concept, not sure why this isnt integrated into prestashop like it is in oscommerce, the ability to manuipulate existing data via sql. I have bought the quick update and the PrestaPricing modules and they dont do what I want

So if I can manuipulate all my data in one massive row (4000 products) on a spread sheet and drop it in

This will save me SO MUCH TIME.

Just incase I am wasting my time, someone stop me if this doesnt work anymore
I plan to use this for product import and manipulation for the following tables, let me know if i have forgotten something aswell

tables: ps_product, ps_product_lang, ps_product_sale, ps_image, ps_image_lang, ps_discount_quantity, ps_category_product

Meu Amigo Exadra37 tem como vc enviar por meu email esse programa, pois tento enviar um produto pelo excel 2007, mas não to conseguindo, ja assistir varias aulas fiz varias pesquisas mas nao ta dando certo, ja transformei o arquivo em csv, e codifiquei o arquivo em iso 8859-1, por causa do acento, até ai blz, mas nao ta dando certo sempre da um erro, sabe me dizer por favor como resolver isso, eu quero enviar muitos produtos de uma só vez.

desde ja agradeço!

Bruno Amaro

the link to download the programs are broken.

how to have have it ?

I'm develloping a complete prg for upload and i would like to test also this to see if i can add some more features.

Yes, the download link is down for me as well. I'm very interested in this or something like it.

Thanks

this must be very handy for updating products database

but the attachments link are broken

please help :)

I fixed the attachement ;)

About xls2sql if you need output for utf-8, you will need to open the sql file, generated by xls2sql, in some text editor for programming languages, and then save it again, choosing first utf-8 encode.

You need utf-8 encode in the sql file, if the text have words with ã, â, á or another special charactheres.

If you don't change the encode, when you import the sql file in phpmyadmin to your database, the words with special charactheres, will be cut in the special characther.

First of all many tks for the working link.

Just some question on correct use of the file :

a) is possible to add 22 fields for table. But as example ps_product has 36 fields. how i can manage it? I was thinking not to add some fields i don't use, as the EAN code : to do that is ok not to put the fields into your file listing fields, jumping the fields number and continue with the next one?

B) Now i'm using the import into Prestashop and i upload the product csv file : but uploading this files it will be affected the ps_product only or other ps_files ? if yes, is possible somewhere to find a DB Map of the DB connections?

I think is all, many tks for your work. I'm quite good with Excell and if you need something, feel free to ask me.

Edited by gianvi (see edit history)

I realize now that column is the column number in the excel file.

So i change my question : if the PS_Product has 36 fields, i can upload only the fields i need, as in my case 22, putting column 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc and fields name not in same order as in the PS_Product ?

I realize now that column is the column number in the excel file.

So i change my question : if the PS_Product has 36 fields, i can upload only the fields i need, as in my case 22, putting column 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc and fields name not in same order as in the PS_Product ?

If i understand well your question, you can put in the order you want.