404 error with friendly url enable and logout functionality

Edge_jr

Hi,

When I logout using PS 1.5.6 with friendly URL enable it goes to index.php?controller=

When friendly URL enable then it goes to 404 page not found

and when friendly URL not availble then it goes to home page index.php

What are the changes need to be done so solve this 404 error page redirect 

Any idea?

-Thanks

Edited by edge82 (see edit history)

Hi,

When I logout using PS 1.5.6 with friendly URL enable it goes to index.php?controller=

When friendly URL enable then it goes to 404 page not found

and when friendly URL not availble then it goes to home page index.php

What are the changes need to be done so solve this 404 error page redirect 

Any idea?

-Thanks

Does this happen for all urls ? Does the home page work with either option ? Try disabling the option apache multiviews.

Hi,

I try disable and enable option of apache multiviews and problem still exists.

I think as per tarek "allowoverride none" is require for friendly URL to work.

Any idea?

Hi,

You should comment allowoverride none

to see url rewriting work,

You tried to open /etc/apache2/sites-available/default file and to see allowoverride value?

also  try to open  your .httaccess and see if there's allowoverride none and try oto comment it.

Hi,

I have allowoverride values to ALL

It just allows you to use .htaccess files on the server. 

Therefore I think I need to do change in prestashop code so that when user logout then instead of going to index.php?controller=

It should go to https://example.com/en/ when friendly url enable.

I want to know from where it redirect to url when user logout.

Any idea?

-Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem with 1.6.08

If I turned off the friendly URLs, the logout link works and redirects the user to the index page, but if the friendly URLs is turn on, then logout redirects the user to .../index.php?controller= and the user gets the 404 page, no page page found.

edge82, can you share what you have exactly done to solve your problem? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I have the same problem with 1.6.08

If I turned off the friendly URLs, the logout link works and redirects the user to the index page, but if the friendly URLs is turn on, then logout redirects the user to .../index.php?controller= and the user gets the 404 page, no page page found.

edge82, can you share what you have exactly done to solve your problem? Thanks in advance!

Hi

Have you disabled the option apache multiviews?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have a site (marketplace) based on 1.5.4 Prestashop and I have a big problem.

Alteration of the URL linked to the categories:names of a store/shop is inserted into the url of pages

For about three months something strange happens with the url, Particularly in the categories of objects. The problem of url "magic" Seems to afflict Especially the sub-menu to the left. Here's what happens: moving from one category to another on the site (left column home), suddenly you see the error page ("Page not found - Sorry, but the web address You entered is no longer available") and all categories include empty without products / content.
This is caused by an alteration of the URL linked to the categories which are changed because names of a store/shop is inserted into the url of pages, suddenly. It Seems then added to the url subcategories of the name of a store that Changes with each page load, thus giving error page.
ex.:
www.domainname.it/categoryname (correct URL)
becomes
www.domainname.it/storename/categoryname  (Crazy URL)
The problem seems to be related precisely to that part of the menu of categories of the left menu (though this problem in home page occurs also in the "search" and "menu" section).
But this only happens on the HOME PAGE because It seems that on the singular pages of the product, or in other pages different by home page, categories menu seems to work (if moving us between categories items, url are not alterate).
The problem impacts Approximately 23% of the public url. Simply put 23 links for 100 discovered by the search engine are afflicted by this issue.

This problem may be related to the mod rewrite /apache multiviews /AllowOverride None and what was said in this thread?
Have you any suggestions to solve the problem?
It 'very urgent
thank you very much
Edited by Bollicina (see edit history)